What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

artchikk
on 7/11/19 12:39 pm
RNY on 02/12/18

I use the OverDrive App for borrowing audiobooks from the library...I wonder if they access a different database hmmm...Some of the books I really want are not available so I might have to check out hoopla and see if it has more selection!

the idea of pedophiles in my own back yard scares the sh** out of me...it would be my worst nightmare to find out someone I knew/trusted had hurt my child...it's terrifying!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Sheila_H
on 7/11/19 12:48 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I know this totally shows my naïveté but somehow I always thought pedophiles are older creepy guys, not realizing they start young. It's not that their attractions change with years. This guy was putting himself in fields that he could have access to younger kids. He was super nice and polite to adults so he would come across like the perfect child care provider. It gives me shivers just thinking about it. He molested one of the boys he cared for and they found tons of videos he had made of kids he was caring for.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 7/11/19 2:29 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Uggggggh on DD's classmate. Gross.

And yessss to Robert Galbraith. I didn't know there is a 4th! Buying now! Thanks ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/11/19 3:35 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I find Hoopla a pain in the butt. But I love Overdrive audio books from the library.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 7/11/19 4:45 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I guess it depends what you are used to. I started with Hoopla and then ventured out to Overdrive. So my first stop is always Hoopla. What bums me is that you could borrow 10 books a month but just recently they reduced it to 5 books a month. I listen to 5 books by the 15th of the month!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 7/11/19 10:18 am

Hello my RnY pals! Happy Thursday!

Tomorrow I'm going to Scottsdale, AZ to help out a friend for the weekend. It's been so amazingly cold and so very damp here that I am looking forward to a gigantic dose of heat and sunshine! I have to buy a bathing suit today. Is there anything more humbling - at best - than trying on bathing suits? I will never feel confident enough to appear in public in such garb until I get plastics (and maybe not even then - it depends on how improved my thighs will look), but my girlfriend has a totally private and beautiful back yard pool, so I am hopeful that I can handle that level of reveal without dying of embarrassment.

I bought some Sleevey Wonders during their sale last week, and I have I say, those garments are fantastic! My upper arms aren't too terribly saggy or big - I am in an XS and their shape isn't horribly droopy - but the skin there is thin and crepe-y and I won't go sleeveless until that is fixed. I am hopeful I can get one of those mini arm lifts where they pull the excess skin up into your armpits, instead of making an incision from pit to elbow, but that may be overly optimistic of me. At any rate, those Sleevey Wonders are great! They allow me to wear sleeveless tops and dresses, and as long as the color works well, because they have no shoulder seams they look like part of the dress design instead of like a separate garment. I like both the somewhat see-through mesh ones and the opaque jersey ones.

Weight today is 126.0. I'd rather it be 124, so will go light and easy today, especially since I am flying tomorrow. This is my first flight as a post-op, and I really hope I won't get pulled aside and wanded due to extra skin showing up on the body scanner.

QOTD: I just suggested someone here put their used coffee grounds around the base of their rhododendrons, which like that. Both coffee and rhodies ubiquitous in Seattle!

First: lots of coffee with cashew milk and SF salted caramel syrup.

B: ham. A tiny bit of cheese.

L: tuna, or possibly non-fat plain Greek yogurt with some blueberries and a bit of SF syrup.

D: I'll make a meat loaf, and some Brussels sprouts.

Have yourselves some fun today, my skinny friends!

Melody P.
on 7/11/19 11:02 am, edited 7/11/19 6:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon everyone!

i am still in agony with my tailbone. Hoping to be able & get an x-ray tomorrow. We shall see. Walking hurts, standing & laying down hurts! Eww!

qotd:last thing I recommended was a color combo for a knights chain i?m making for a cousins husband. I think it?s for amptgard or something like that. It?ll be fairly easy as the rings are larger gauged so i?ll see em better.

b:PP shake

s:3/4 oz Colby cheese

l:1oz ground beef and a laughing cow wedge

s: 2 small pieces extra dark chocolate & tortilla chips. Oh and a small handful, i'm Guessing 10 Reese's pieces.

d:pp shake with powdered peanut butter.

Melody P.
on 7/11/19 1:08 pm - Amarillo, TX

I kind of had a moment....

i can't help mow so I feel like a heel. I was just cleared to start Tuesday doing more physical stuff and what do I do? Break my dang tailbone. So i'll Edit in all the crud I tried to self medicate with. Ugh.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/11/19 2:58 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Chocolate and Reese's Pieces at 6 weeks out is a HUGE red flag.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Melody P.
on 7/11/19 3:12 pm - Amarillo, TX

I know. I've got no good excuse for it. A recent psych med change(just a few days ago) and all that's happened with me the past 4-5 months just finally got to me.

I had had a good ugly cry and i'm Ready to move forward. Chocolate is out in the dumpster.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 205 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?