What's on your Saturday Menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/13/19 7:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

myfitnesspal.com! I am a huge fan.

It crowd sources by having all of their users add in the nutritional data for just about every food you can imagine. It's not always accurate but most of the time it is. If I am not sure which one is correct, I scroll through and find the one with the highest calories and pick that one. I'd rather plan for the worst...

You can set your own daily goals for macros (calories, protein, fat, sugar, fiber, etc) and easily edit throughout the day on your phone, computer or tablet.

You can also add in your exercise and have it deduct the calories earned from your daily total (although I think that's a bad idea).

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 7/13/19 8:08 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I'd go back to being 19 and with the hard won wisdom I have now tell myself to not be so naive and avoid so many pitfalls. But there is no going back just learning to live with what has happened.

Accountability- the sugar monster was really bad yesterday but I ended up at 914 calories, 67P, 20F & 116C. The scale was kind and I'm at my lowest weight since surgery.

I will get a walk in before it's too hot, and I would like to go to the gym for a swim. I know I will also be pulling weeds in the garden.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy Liz
on 7/13/19 9:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders!! Happy to see that you are inspired JB! TJ's pork belly is so bomb! What macros are you using? I am so into this keto/IF research and plan that I am staying home to read all day! Actually - not my first choice. We were going to the beach today, but Robs work computer died the other day. He lost a TON of documents and whole day of work. He had a new one delivered overnight but has a ton to catch up so he needs to work today. It's all good - I'm happy reading and learning a ton. The most interesting thing I have learned so far is that artificial sweeteners effect your insulin release response the same as sugar even if your blood sugar doesn't go up. Even unsweetened things like fruit flavored water/teas/coffees can stimulate the same response - even if you just swish and don't swallow!! The brain responds to the sweet taste. I still have more to learn. I love this stuff!!!

QOTD - I feel the most happy and secure right now more than ever. Although there are plenty if things I wish I could go back and change, but I wouldn't trade where I am for anything - except maybe the skin of my youth!!

Accountability -I was bit loose with my choices telling myself my diet starts monday... lame

B-coffee w/hc and splenda, 1 egg and canadian bacon

l-turkey and cheese lettuce wraps with mustard

d- bbq chicken breast

es- SF fudgesicle

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 7/13/19 9:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Typical Saturday morning for us; I'm up early but posting late, Marilyn is watching Wimbledon and the boys are sleeping. Thought I was living on the edge by staying up until 10:45 last night, but when I went downstairs, the kitchen was filled with pizza and macaroni and cheese leftovers. When were these meals eaten and by whom I have no idea. Also, the boys have the house so cold that I am typing this wrapped in a blanket even though I just ran a 5K military obstacle course in 94 degree heat. I really thought that I would be able to report that I climbed the rope today. I'm making progress but not at the top yet. Hopefully soon.

Today's agenda is mostly errands and work around the house.

Was Karen really sick yesterday? I can't picture that. I kind of think that Lily was being lazy and Karen is just covering for her.

QOTD: First of all, I still don't have an answer for yesterday. Is this like poker where if you don't know who the mark is its you?

Good ages that I can remember were 19, 26-27, 32, 42-46. I'm pretty happy right now.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Snack: Jerky

Lunch: leftover lamb

Snack: PB FIt

Dinner TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 7/13/19 9:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

OMG, Karen and Lily, LOL!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 7/13/19 10:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

OMG you guys - with all this talk about Keto today, I figured I'd try to bump up my fat intake. I'm having a really hard time with food cravings and keeping within my range lately. So a couple of hours ago I had a L&F yogurt with a tablespoon of tahini mixed in, and then two really thin quinoa/rice cakes with 1 T almond butter on each. This stuff is magical! I'm still feeling like a stuffed sausage! I'll need to watch my calories for the rest of the day (although I can still have 600-800 more, so that should be do-able), but this might actually do the trick! This, and drinking tons of fluids..

Melody P.
on 7/13/19 11:03 am, edited 7/13/19 10:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Hope everyone?s weekend is off to a good start!

i have a feeling my backside is going to hurt for a lone while. I did some reading and it says 6-8 weeks. Ugh! Just when I got cleared for exercise, so frustrated. I actually like to exercise when my mind is starting to wonder....which it does often. Lol

just cooked some turkey burgers that i?ll freeze if they don?t make me sick. Plan on doing them in half since they are fairly large patties.

got some of the results from my bloodwork. My A1c is at a 5.9 and it looks like i?m dehydrated...again. That?s super frustrating!

qotd: uh...I would say now. My childhood was difficult up until my late teens. I miss my grandparents but wouldn?t wish them back with the bad health they had.

b:PP shake

s:powdered peanut butter

l:half a turkey burger with a bit of yogurt ranch dressing

s: 1 oz tilapia small slice of cheese

d:1oz chicken cooked with mushroom soup, not much of that went over well so a small soft protein bar.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics