Liz J.
on 7/15/19 2:50 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Thanks! I love the ones from Starbucks!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

catwoman7
on 7/15/19 1:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

well, the surgeon was fine with my weight (3 lbs more than last year - he just shrugged it off like I figured he would). The RD wants me to stop being so obsessive about weighing myself and my calorie intake. She wants me to only weigh myself once a week and read a couple of books on intuitive eating. I'm kind of used to the daily weighing and I think I'd obsess about my weight even more if I didn't weigh myself every day. As for intuitive eating, I did that my whole life and ended up at over 300 lbs. I guess I could try it for a week - but I don't know. I feel like the only way to maintain my weight is to be really obsessive about keeping my calorie intake under control. It's worked for me so far, so...why should I change??

Greateight
on 7/15/19 4:46 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Stay on the Trish plan, you are doing awesome.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/15/19 4:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

that's what I think. I'm a bit puzzled since I am one of their most successful patients. Why on earth would she want me to change anything?

Au_Contraire
on 7/15/19 8:41 pm

I am with you on this topic 100%. IMO, we know better than others what works best for us after all we have all been through, and our need to control this area of our lives is simply more intense than it is for those who want to take off 20 or 30 pounds. I say you should continue on with what you know works for you.

catwoman7
on 7/16/19 1:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that confirms it - I'm already doing what I need to be doing - I'm NOT going to follow the RD's advice on this! What I'm doing now has been working just fine!

artchikk
on 7/15/19 1:49 pm, edited 7/15/19 6:50 am
RNY on 02/12/18

hey guys,
I am posting really late again but the morning was hectic and I couldn't find the time to stop and post. so here I am now...

The weekend was amazing, I went to see I mom so hard and I laughed nonstop for 2 hours...my abs are still sore. The renaissance fair was awesome too...super hot but we had our awesome harem pants that were perfect and breezy so it worked out. I'll post a couple pics here. we just spent the day hanging out and went to the beach yesterday for a few hours to decompress...it was a good weekend!

QOTD: my favorite NSV is still being able to shop for clothes anywhere...I realized how many amazing costumes there were available to me at the renaissance fair when we were there on Saturday--I know they've always been there but I never even bothered to dream about being able to wear them before so I kind of walked past and sighed before...this time I wanted to buy ALL THE THINGS. thankfully I did not bring my credit card and only had enough cash to pay for Story to go on about 10 rides LOL...which I could actually go on with her!! so that was another awesome NSV this weekend.

I'm having a crazy hunger day today, I am trying to make good choices but I don't know what's going on...

Morning: Coffee, sf coffeemate and a banana
B: 1/2C cottage cheese and 3oz black forest ham
MS: pure protein lemon cake bar
L: ranch turkey , zucchini and asparagus
AS: l&F greek yogurt, 15 mini pretzels
D: turkey sausage, pepperjack cheese and hot giardinera omelette
I'm already going to be over my cals for the day after the unplanned snacks I already ate today so I am hoping I can resist an evening snack tonight...I might start the baby blanket I wanted to crochet for my niece who's due in Sept...probably should start that anyway and hopefully it will keep me distracted from stuffing anything else in my face.

Story absolutely loves the fairies...they only interract with little kids and it's super endearing. this one gave her a leaf and she wore it in her hair the rest of the day. I had to pull it out of her bun when she went to bed. LOL

She has found this little random unicorn statue every year we have brought her too...her old

pirate costume didn't fit anymore this year but she still found her unicorn friend.

i took this pic of all of us in the mirror before we left in our harem pants/gypsy/pirate gear...I think we looked pretty cute lol

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Au_Contraire
on 7/15/19 8:44 pm

What a gorgeous family!

Au_Contraire
on 7/15/19 1:58 pm

Hello my RnY friends! Happy Monday!

Thanks JB for launching us. Your time off sounds wonderful!

I took the redeye home from Scottsdale last night. I had a wonderful time visiting my friend! It had been so chilly in Seattle that I really enjoyed the Arizona sunshine, despite the fact that it was 109 degrees! Everywhere indoors there is excessively air-conditioned, so that after a while spent inside, you actually welcome the heat! It takes your body about a half hour to get too hot and then you either go back inside or jump in the pool for another half hour or so. I spent all day yesterday in and around my friend's pool, and it was wonderful. I don't consider myself a desert type, but it has its own beauty, including spectacular sunsets, and wow, what a gorgeous home she has made for herself. The flight home was ice, ice cold though - I wore jeans so was ok from the waist down but was truly uncomfortable on top. Next time I fly I'm wearing a jacket no matter what!

We went to a huge, crazy store called Last Chance. There is only one of these in the entire country, and it is the final sales venue for all of the Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores in the US. Everything is as-is and nothing is returnable, but you can score big time if you know what you're looking at and for. I got a few gorgeous pairs of shoes including some killer red suede pumps marked down from $500, which I would never (could never) have paid. I also got what I thought was a beautiful pair of Cole Haan pumps. I knew I'd get a lot of wear out of these - black kid, 4" heels, and it's a brand I like. The store makes it hard to try shoes on due to their security concerns - people can just walk out wearing them, I suppose. Anyway the two Cole Haan pumps were bundled together securely so they couldn't be walked in. I checked the size, but could only try one on because of how they were bundled. They were size 8.5 which is actually a half size larger than my usual, but I knew I could make them work, and what a steal they were! It wasn't until that night that I realized that only one of them was size 8.5 - the other was size 9.5! Way too big for me, and final sale. Caveat emptor is the rule of the day at that store for sure! What am I going to do with these mismatched shoes? Thank goodness it was only a $30 rather than a $250 lesson.

I am up 2 pounds to 127.5 this morning but am a little puffy from the flight, plus there was a lot of eating out going on in AZ. I know within a day or two I'll be back down to 125 despite planning to go out tonight for a friend's birthday dinner. I intend to have Alaskan halibut plus some veggies, and will have no wine, bread, potato, rice, or desert, so I should be fine.

I realized I have been confusing squats with lunges. Lunges get my knees but I can do squats and am going to try working up to 100 a day.

First: coffee

B: Boar's Head Ovengold turkey

L: some ham, a little cheese

D: halibut, some sort of veggies

Have a lovely day, my friends!

Julia S.
on 7/15/19 2:55 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I started to post yesterday but my laundry pulled me away, and I never got back to it. But today is a new day.

I had a successful weekend, a few extra carbs but I was at my lowest post-op weight.

QOTD- I made it to the gym yesterday and had a really good swim, and did the elliptical. It wasn't very crowded either so I had a lane to myself again. I'd like to work up to maybe 3 days a week at the gym but my getting there I consider a NSV.

I'm trying to stay focused on getting to my goal weight. I have 30lbs to go, and I don't want to give up. When I get to 150 I will be at a normal BMI and will see if getting down to 145 is practical. I haven't been there since I was 35 and only stayed there for less than a year and was really obsessive about it. I swore I would kill myself if I gained a pound. Obviously I didn't but it was a very intense time. I'm not eager to revisit it.

Have a great Monday everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics