Getting back on track

piggyangel
on 7/16/19 10:35 am - CO

Hi y'all from Texas. I had my RNY in Colorado in 06' & I was able to maintain my 124 weight loss for over 8 yrs. then I gained 50 pds or more but managed to loose it again for a short time (about a year) but unhappily the weight creeped back up so as of today I have regained that 50 pds +. Sad story I know. But I'm determined to loose it all again and stay focused this time to maintain as I did before. But I'm going to need some help this time. I'm all alone in Texas, and so lonely. Only hubby & me here & haven't found a good friend since me moving here in 13' it sucks being lonely. I'm a social butterfly and if not for church I would never talk to a soul except my hubby. I'm asking for support, the kind that only a kindered spirit can offer. I know this community bands together, I have been a member since 05' or 06' so I have seen what can be done. Plz help me

piggyangel

Ajeffries
on 7/16/19 1:19 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

It can be tough meeting friends as an adult. Do you have a dog? Could you walk him at the dog park. Could you take a yoga class or exercise class? Finding people who are active may help you to be more motivated.

Do you log your food? Do you eat protein first? Do you drink water. Those are all things that could help.

Liz J.
on 7/16/19 1:28 pm
DS on 11/29/16

You can start posting here on the daily menu! That has helped me get back on track! Plus welcome back!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Melody P.
on 7/16/19 2:50 pm - Amarillo, TX

Welcome back!

I'm friendless in Texas as well. I just have never made friends easily and i'm Socially awkward!

the accountability in the daily food post is awesome!

you can do this!

piggyangel
on 7/19/19 2:58 pm - CO

Melanie,

where are you located in Texas? im in Central Texas, living in the country. NO neighbors and I don't work due to accident years ago. So, that is why I have no friends cuz they don't knocked on my door. lol. Im socially akward as well.

have a great day

Melody P.
on 7/19/19 3:32 pm - Amarillo, TX

I'm up in Amarillo. I have lots of online friends but I even struggle with that.

thank goodness for computers!

Emiepie
on 7/16/19 3:08 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hello! As others have mentioned, visit and post to the daily menu thread. Lots of knowledge and support can be found there as well as friendship!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 7/16/19 6:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I agree with the posters above - I've made a lot of virtual friends on the menu thread (and have even met a couple of them in person!)

ScaleSkater
on 7/17/19 9:38 am

If you are cycling in weight, I'd suggest finding a therapist. You have to address the underlying behaviors and causes. This disease is not something you can just will it to a cure. Good luck.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

piggyangel
on 7/19/19 3:03 pm - CO

thank you for that advice,

I have gone thru counseling, with no help, but not keeping myself accountable is my main issue, I got lost in life before I knew it I gained the weight, what I have been doing this week is going back to basics and keeping myself accountable. I have been watching my eating habits, going back to eating a cup of food per serving and not drinking a half hour before and after meals. I'm not going to say its been easy cause its not easy at all. I have stretched out my pouch so eating so little is not easy at all but I'm doing it, and weighing my food before I eat it.

once again, thank you for your support

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 759 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 88 views