What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Sheila_H
on 7/17/19 3:14 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

One of these days I wanna hear the story of how you and Grim became a couple from OH postings. Have always been intrigued.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Sheila_H
on 7/17/19 7:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Way to go Julia! 3 lbs in less than a week.

Woke up that DH was gone. He had told me last night, when I was half asleep, he would leave really early because "surf is up"! But I had a moment of panic when I didn't see him. Luna is sitting on the bed looking at me like when am I getting my walk? By this time she would have had her walk with DH. So I guess I'll do the 4 miles hills wog with her. She is so funny, when we get out of the house if we turn right it's towards the park and she loves it. If we turn left it's my 4 miles loop. She always tries to get me to go right and pulls on the leash if I go left. She knows once we go left it's straight walking, no sniffing or stopping until we get to the woodsy area.

QOTD: I'm a one pet at a time kind of person. Since I've been with DH we've had three shelties. The first one was a sable and her breeder's name was korky, and DH started calling her korky. Second one was a blue merle sheltie, DD called her Gemma. I had always told them if I had a second girl I would have called her Gemma. This third one is a bi-black Sheltie and has the colorings of a dark night with moon so we called her Luna.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Turkey links
  • Dry rub ribs
  • Yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great hump day everyone.

Queen JB
on 7/17/19 10:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gemma is my favorite girl's name, too!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 7/17/19 5:17 pm, edited 7/17/19 3:29 pm

I love seeing dogs with their love/breed moms. I am a shihtzu mom. My mother was poodles. I had her last poodle for 7 years. My twin has had the most wonderful hairy golden retrievers.

A good friend just rescued a tiny little old shihtzu. I'm in love.

Sheila_H
on 7/17/19 5:57 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

My mom is a poodle person too. And always white!

Too bad dogs don't last as long as us. I always think I can't handle another dog death, but then the house is so empty that I want another one. My kids tell me I love the dog more than them, which honestly is not that far from the truth!

seattledeb
on 7/17/19 10:36 pm

My dog doesn't pout or forget to take out the trash.

I'm not going to get another dog after Lucy for awhile. I want that non mom freedom feeling.

They never live long enough. Lucy has a bladder mass and they told me she would die 11 months ago. She takes her pain med once a day and is still a perky love machine.

stacyrg
on 7/17/19 8:19 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Wednesday! I wish I could say weight was just dropping off me, but it's just not. I've been 100% on track with food and exercise and I have no movement. I'm thinking of removing a limb to get things moving in the right direction. Nikolai wasn't as bad last night and I only had to get up at 2:30 because he wanted water and he's too lazy (or I've done an incredible job spoiling him) to get up and get it himself. I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he's still in a cone and it's hard to drink without assistance.

QOTD: Nikolai is a siberian husky, so I was going with a "russian" theme (even though many siberian owners go with inuit names). Anyway, I liked Nikolai because it fit the theme, but we could shorten it to Nik. When we got him, there were a few girls in the litter and we were really considering taking two if they weren't all spoken for. If we could have, they would have been Boris and Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

My plan:

B: Ground turkey (3 oz); cauliflower risotto (1.3 cup) and .5 oz cheese

L: leftover BBQ chicken thigh (4.2 oz)

D: ? I have shrimp and chicken fajita available. Probably shrimp

S: Homemade latte, then before the gym I either have a yogurt or shaved chicken breast and a string cheese

E: Spin

Queen JB
on 7/17/19 11:02 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Um, keep your limbs please! It will happen!

When I was interviewing for that Ukrainian position, I was interviewing with Oksana and Vloydimyr. I kept joking with my family and calling them Boris and Natasha.

BTW I have been thinking about you a lot and want to thank you again for turning me on to the Jeff Galloway app! I did my 3.5 miles this morning in my first week back to running, and I know I would not have gotten there so quickly with any other program.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 7/17/19 11:07 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Yay! so happy. Jeff Galloway got me through my first 1/2. He's the official "trainer" for the Disney runs and always appears at the health fair thing at packet pick up. I literally cried when I met him the first time. I was so grateful to him. His plan took someone who couldn't even run for 30 seconds and turned me into an actual runner. He was very gracious and I'm sure he has people fan girling all over him all the time. I need to start running again. I really haven't run since I fell in November but I'm signed up for the Dodgers 10k which is a very hilly course so I need to get my ass in gear and start running.

We still need to plan our 1/2 together!

artchikk
on 7/17/19 8:27 am
RNY on 02/12/18

morning friends!

I had a weird mood last night and was grumpy and irritable like PMS but it's not really correlating...realized it was a full moon yesterday so I am attributing it to that, also maybe the fact I was grumpy because I am trying to get rid of the simple carbs lol...no more pretzels Amber!
my accountability was great yesterday, stuck to plan but changed out dinner since DH made something different- still worked out though.
carb cutting seems to be working since I am down 1.5 lbs since yesterday...I just can't seem to break past 150!
I am going to do it before the fall though, that is my goal (I am giving myself plenty of time here haha). Weight was 151.25 this morning.

QOTD: I really wanted to name my cat Gandalf but since my 2 year old daughter really wanted a "Blue kitten" when we asked her what kind she would like (her favorite color has always been blue), we ended up naming him Blue. He is all gray (not a Russian blue but the same coloring) and it seems to fit him.
My old cat was named Magnum (after Magnum PI because I really loved the show) and it totally fit him too because he was enormous (probably part Maine Coon)...he passed away 3 years ago due to a heart condition we didn't know he had til it was too late.
My dog's name is Pixie...she is a wire haired jack russell we rescued and the name just suits her...she's like a little sprite, even at 12 years old.

Morning: lg mug of hazelnut/french vanilla coffee w/caramel extract, 4tbsp SF italian sweet cream coffeemate. (I will probably have another one of these before lunch)
B: 1/2C cottage cheese w/3oz black forest ham diced up, EBB seasoning and dill
L: cheeseburger cauliflower mac (DH made this last night instead of the crab stuffed flounder I thought he was making) & 1/2 C red grapes
AS: L&F greek yogurt
D: crab stuffed flounder & green beans
ES: sugar free fudgesicle

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views