What's on your Sunday Menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 7/21/19 9:19 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Afternoon all. Been a busy but good day already. I had an early appointment with my therapist and did some good strategizing for the week ahead. Then came home a did some heavy yard work for almost 2 hours before it got any hotter. Temps over 100 and heat index of 115+ but it felt really good to my body and soul to get out and get some things accomplished. So much more to do but I have to be careful not to overdo things in the heat!

Now headed out to take DW to a book group and I'll head to the gym/pool for an hour or two. Probably won't get any PR's after the hard yard work but still will be nice to get in another workout and some time in the hot tub.

Haven't eaten much with the heat but I am super hydrating and included a protein shake and some PowerAde Zero. Taking some CarbMaster yogurt to the gym with me and I have some leftover cod for dinner.

Take care everyone!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

MadisonRose
on 7/21/19 9:23 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Sunday all! Been craving sweets today....it's that time of month for me and I always seem to crave them more.

QOTD: I absolutely love ice cream! That was my weakness before surgery and probably the main reason I gained so much weight. I remember years ago working 2nd shift at a hospital. My coworkers and I would go down to the cafeteria every Friday night (they sold pints of ice cream) and buy a pint of ice cream and end up eating the whole pint. My favorite was always cookies and cream. I tried ice cream for the first time since surgery back in May while on vacation. The beach resort we always went to has this ice cream stand and they have the best ice cream! The lines are always a mile long. Well I found out they have sugar free vanilla so I got a small cup of that. Oh boy was it delicious!!!! But oh boy did I pay for it after!!! I spent the next hour in the bathroom just wanting to lie on the floor and die! So it's not really worth it. I have tried the halo top which is ok....but I normally only eat one or two spoonfuls at a time and I don't eat it too often. My favorite are the sugar free fudgesicles! One of those satisfies my craving for ice cream and doesn't hurt my stomach. But I try not to eat them too often.

B: premier shake

B 2: turkey sausage and a banana

L: oven roasted turkey, baby carrots w/Greek yogurt ranch dressing

D: leftover stir-fry with chicken, zucchini and broccoli

S: either fruit or a sugar free fudgesicle if hungry

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Maddymoe2
on 7/21/19 12:38 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

Good afternoon everyone, late posting for me. My husband has been out of town visiting family in Minnesota and I am just not sleeping. I even took a Benadryl last night. Ugh! He will be home tomorrow night. I think I may try and take a nap.

I went to town early this morning since I couldn't sleep and I stocked up for the week. I am excited about the pesto parmesan Boars Head ham. As I was waiting in line at the deli counter, there was a woman sitting on a motorized scooter that I began to talk to. She was adorable! She started to tell me that those samples filled her up and that she was 2 months out from VSG surgery. I told her that I had RNY 2 1/2 years ago. We visited and laughed. I was feeling a bit down this morning before talking to her. It's amazing the random people that we meet and how they bless our day.

QOTD- I am afraid of ice cream. I have not had it since surgery. Tillamook chocolate peanut butter used to be my favorite. I just avoid all sweets and my body does not like sugar alcohols. I am afraid of dumping.

Food for the day-

Pot of black coffee

2 scrambled eggs, 1 T shredded parm

1 cauli wrap, 2 oz pesto/parm ham, 1 egg, 1 slice light swiss

grilled halibut with lemon and capers ( this seriously fills me up)

Light and fit pineapple yogurt ( found at Fred Meyers today)

Lots of water and vitamins always-

I feel good about my food. I am down 3 lbs since last Monday!! Success is the best motivation.

Have a great day and stay cool. I am 45 minutes from Portland and we are going to be 88 I think.

MadisonRose
on 7/21/19 1:11 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Just got back home from shopping today and I'm still literally in shock. I was wearing a size 26 pants before surgery and was able to fit into a size 18 comfortably today. Haven't worn an 18 in years. It may not be much, but little things like that make the rough days all worth it.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/19 4:32 pm

Ice cream. I don't even really like ice cream.

But I love ice cream bars covered in chocolate. And since I can now find dairy free ice cream bars (so delicious brand) stupid me bough them. Total 4 bars in a box.

Even though I can tolerate more sugar, but not as much as in 2 of them. And the following RH almost killed me. No joke. The dumping was bad, really bad, but an 1.5 hours later I had the horrible RH (Reactive Hypoglycemia). I don't remember last time I had so bad that I lost most of my vision. I really had problem seeing anything. I had no idea how did I managed to get and eat enough chocolate to stop it. And reverse it. I know I must have passed out while eating the chocolate, because in the morning I found some pieces of the chocolate melted into my nightgown and my sheets. And I am sure it was chocolate, not other brown substance.(lol)

BTW- 60-70% dark chocolate is perfect for me to reverse my low blood sugar and keep it from bottoming down again. And since when my BS is really low - I have aversion to most foods and problem swallowing - and the chocolate melts and I can eat that without gagging. Big plus.

Sorry for TMI, but I am trying to show that even a long term veteran of RNY, supposedly a smart, mature person I should be smarter than that. The stuff I put my body through still surprize me. Irresponsible choices. I always hope THAT one would be the last stupid choice I made. But I thought that so many times in the past. And still make mistakes.

Live and learn. Right?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 371 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 79 views
Recent Topics