What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 7/23/19 9:50 am

I didn't know that keto suppresses hunger - good to know!

Sheila_H
on 7/23/19 8:06 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hello Julia and Menu family!

Julia - beautiful pics, looks like an amazing tour. I ordered the nutilight from Amazon thinking there is no way I'll like it. I gotta admit the first spoon was not good, it's grainy and I expected smooth. But after I got over the texture it's not actually as bad as I expected it. This might sound weird but I added a spoon to my Fage yogurt, it took the grainy-ness away and made my yogurt like a chocolate mousse. Win win. Can't wait for DD to come home so I can make her taste it.

Em & Jen - bought the green chili cheese at TJ. One problem: how do you stop at one oz? That's my dilemma with soft cheese, can't stop.

QOTD: recently I've been on a roll with British detective series. Vera Stanhope (Ann Cleeves). Shetland series with Detective Jimmy Perez (Ann Cleeves). Duncan Kinkaid and Gemma James (Deborah Crombie). I also loved the series written by Preston & Child with FBI agent Pendergast.

My meals for the day:

• Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
  • Chicken fajita
  • Hb eggs + tuna
  • Yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great Tue, everyone.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 7/23/19 12:54 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ugh, Sheila...portion control is my never-ending problem! I literally have a digital scale in my kitchen and I have weight out my deli chicken and then cut a piece of cheese and weigh it and put the cheese back in the ziplock back in the fridge in the drawer. This is why when I am near a cheese plate I probably eat like 19 ounces of cheese. It's so good!

Sheila_H
on 7/23/19 6:25 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Yup, all those steps. Weigh. Put in ziploc bag. Put in fridge drawer. Don't look at it again unless you wanna weigh and log in again. Sigh!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

stacyrg
on 7/23/19 8:16 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning and happy tuesday. I'm glad everyone's weather should be getting better. Things in So Cal. are not that great. We typically have a dry heat, but it's going to be humit all week. I left my house at 6:45 and it was already 89 with close to 100% humidity. It was drizzling when I was on the freeway. I know it's psychological, cause it shouldn't matter, but in my mind the heat/humidity is going to make hot spin tonight miserable. I think what will be miserable is I won't be able to stop sweating. I can usually count on the dry air to help, but not tonight.

QOTD: Alex Delaware in the books by Jonathan Kellerman. One of my favorites. I also read Nancy Drew growing up.

My plan . . . is not much of a plan. I have a Dr. appt right smack dab in the middle of the day, and I wanted to drive through a Starbucks for egg bites, but all the lines were SO LONG. So, I'll cobble together something

B: 4 oz ground turkey, 1/2 c cauliflower rice, parm

L: I'll either pick up poke on my way back from the doctor or I'll eat my planned snack (3 oz sliced turkey and 1.4 oz cheddar)

D: chicken thigh is the plan

S: coffee with heavy cream, then who knows. See lunch above. If I eat my snack for lunch, I can either have 1/2 of a protein bar or some cottage cheese and 10 blueberries before the gym

E: Hot (and I mean HOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT) spin.

MadisonRose
on 7/23/19 10:26 am, edited 7/23/19 3:27 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Hope everyone is doing well! So today marks 6 months since surgery. Didn't meet my goal of 100 pounds lost....sigh. A bit disappointing, but what can ya do?

QOTD: hmmm.....don?t really have one.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: salad w/walnuts, fruit and feta cheese

S: laughing cow cheese dippers

D: leftover baked salmon with zucchini and yellow squash

S: fruit if hungry

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Emiepie
on 7/23/19 12:21 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Keep at it!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 7/23/19 11:08 am

Morning, Menu Peeps! Happy Tuesday!

JB, I love those photos! You and Grim are adorable, the mansions are drool-worthy, the coastline is amazing, and chicory is one of my favorite plants - I just adore it's beautiful color, and it's roots, roasted, make a decent coffee additive/substitute...what's not to love?!

I kind of wish I wasn't such a picky person. I don't know that I can really help this, though, it seems terribly ingrained. My friend who I visited in Scottsdale told me that she had never before realized how picky I am. When I asked her to explain, she said "You don't settle - about anything". This is limiting but I honestly can't seem to help it. It is fine in many ways, even a positive, but limiting in others, and I am feeling that I would be much further along in life in various ways had I known how to settle for less, even as an interim step. Feeling a little blue about love and men right now.

I'm so looking forward to my visit to Santa Barbara in August! I miss the sunshine much more than I thought I would, and am more affected by the cold grey up here tan I anticipated.

Weight today is 125.4. I will tighten up on my intake a few days before I see my surgeon to pull this down to 123 or so, since his scale always adds a few pounds over mine, plus of course when I weigh there I am fully clothed and have had at least some coffee or tea that day, if not a little food. It may be silly, but I want to present there at my lowest weight, even if it means losing a few pounds beyond my 125-lb. standard. I haven't seen that office since around my 8-month surgiversary, before I moved to Seattle, and haven't seen him since my surgery! Plus it's my brother's birthday and I'm looking forward to seeing him, my SIL, and my nephew. And maybe even some CA friends!

QOTD: I read all of the Nancy Drew books growing up, but thought Trixie Belden was cooler. Though these weren't detective stories, I truly loved (and still love) all of the Narnia books.

I enjoyed the series of detective tales featuring Nina Reilly, a lawyer and single mom who lived in Tahoe. These were written by Peri O'Shaugnessy, a nom de plume adopted by a pair of sisters who wrote the books together. Lightweight reading, good for the beach or plane. Cagney and Lacey were an interesting tv detective pair I enjoyed way back when. Lisbeth Salander! What an incredible character, what astonishingly gripping books! Veronica Mars. Hercule Poirot, another utter original! Phyrne Fisher of Australia's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, if only for her absolutely drop-dead gorgeous wardrobe! I want to wear every single one of her outfits! Plus there are really so many more fine fictional detectives - these few just rose like bubbles to the surface first.

First: coffee with salted caramel SF syrup and cashew milk

B: shrimp and cubed chicken ,

L: ham with a little cheese

D: possibly an asparagus, !mushroom and cheese omlette

Have yourselves a sweet day, my friends!

Emiepie
on 7/23/19 12:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Keep your head up!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/23/19 2:52 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good early evening.

had a good visit with my new counselor and have some homework. It's going to be difficult as I nearly cried a few times during the visit. It needs to be done though.

i ate some jerky that I shouldn't be but it was very tender turkey jerky that I chewed to death and then some. I missed lunch at home so needed something.

Feeling discombobulated lately. Like I don't fit in anywhere. It's my brain lying to me. I have all these friends on FB for the chainmaille stuff. Just feeling odd talking about certain things. Most don't get it. Ah well this to shall pass I guess.

qotd: not much into mystery stuff. I like Sherlock but don't even watch it anymore.

Might add a snack...it'll depend. I may not get the cauliflower in either.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 536 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics