Whatâ??s on your Sunday Menu RNY'Rs?

Amy Liz
on 8/11/19 3:22 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I wish I could believe that about her but considering we've spent the better part of our lives dieting and trying to lose weight together I just don't believe her. We used to be really close, but no longer are. I think you nailed it when you said it probably triggers her own issues.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Teenie
on 8/11/19 5:38 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I think it is more arrogant than jealousy with my co worker. She would be appalled if I did my mention her accomplishments.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 8/11/19 6:38 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody! Have fun at the amusement park, Chrissy.

Today is my last day of vacation. In a way, it didn't really feel like a vacation. I worked a little, drove all over Massachusetts to visit family, and then went home to paint doors. Not really much different than a week at work. In late September we are going to West Palm Beach for our 29th wedding anniversary. We had won a hotel stay at a charity auction a couple of years ago and kind of forgot about it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Spider man was pretty good. Not the best of the Marvel movies but not bad.

My daughter comes home from England today. Unfortunately she is going straight back to school so I won't see her.

QOTD: I actually think that the people who want to talk about my weight too much are worse.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Barbecues place

Snack: leftover lunch maybe

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 8/11/19 7:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't like talking about my weight loss, either. And I got tired of the ooohs and aaaahs long ago - as well as the inevitable questions. I dread seeing someone I haven't seen since I was SMO, because I know I'll have to deal with that again. At least at this point almost everyone has either seen me since the loss, or never knew me as obese.

Maddymoe2
on 8/11/19 8:33 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Jim,

I am with you! I don't like it when people talk about my weight loss and go on and on about it. It makes me feel very self-conscious.

Greateight
on 8/11/19 10:09 am
RNY on 08/29/18

"You look good" and letting it go at that, is my happy medium.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Au_Contraire
on 8/11/19 12:07 pm

I agree Jim! One brief, preferably confidential "attagirl!" is more than enough for me, and I don't even need that. Maybe it's because I never really accepted that I was so incredibly heavy to begin with, despite all evidence to the contrary!

I hope your daughter had a wonderful time in England.

MadisonRose
on 8/11/19 7:41 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Been a bit depressed the past few days and crying at the drop of a dime. Trying to pull myself together. I hate it when I get like this because it ruins my whole day and I just get absolutely nothing done. Yesterday I was cleaning up a bit and found a half eaten bag of peanut butter m&m's. Thought I had gotten rid of all the junk in my house before surgery, but must have missed this somehow. Not proud of myself as I gave in and ate 4 of those m&m's. Moms coming over today so we can go shopping together so I'm just going to give the rest of the bag to her to give to my dad so I don't end up eating anymore.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: maybe a protein bar or mom and I may go out for lunch.

D: ?

S: perhaps some fruit or a L&F Greek yogurt

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Au_Contraire
on 8/11/19 12:15 pm, edited 8/11/19 5:15 am

I hope you feel better soon, and happier.

I have a long history of completely covering tempting things like that with dish soap, lemon Pledge, or something else dangerously inedible, and throwing it in the trash. If I've indulged I find whatever it is calling my name (I'm looking at you, nuts!) within a short amount of time, so for me this approach is safer than waiting to give whatever it is away, unless I can do so immediately. It's a waste, I know, but *****ally needs candy anyway?

MadisonRose
on 8/11/19 3:00 pm, edited 8/11/19 8:02 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thanks! Yeah, I probably should have just thrown them away, but I just hate throwing things away like that. Feels like it?s such a waste. They are out of my house now though as I gave them to my mom to take home for my dad. Probably wasn?t the best idea though because she said she may just eat them herself....and she?s a diabetic. Sigh...

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 567 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 218 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 373 views