What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

ScaleSkater
on 8/15/19 7:22 am, edited 8/15/19 12:23 am

Good morning. Having good success with my accountability (mostly), thought last night I did taste one of my wife's new cookie recipe trial batches - she only bakes a 5 times a year and I only like them fresh baked. I give myself that indulgence - though the blood glucose god gave me a 120 reading this morning. So I guess that's enough feedback to keep those to a minimum, if at all ;)

My therapist and my trainer are having me log my food to reestablish that behavior and they will review it, so I do need to keep all in check. I'm also weighing everything. Those are important habits that slide a little. Still weigh my protein as I just can't judge 3.5 ounces.

I feel last night - tripped over a carpet edge, so training was more about core today to not hurt my ankle that I aggravated. I hope to get on the bike tonight.

PWO - 1/2 protein bar

B - Half of a 2 yolk egg-white omelette made with veg, peppers and 1 sausage link (it's $4 omelettes at work and they are big enough to last me two meals. I keep a little Tupperware at work to put in fridge for that reason)

L - Small salad, 3.5 oz chicken/.5 oz dried salami, mini-baby bel light

S - Fage and nuts

D - Small salad and 1/2 chicken burger, small chunk cheese

S - cup of frozen mango

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Emiepie
on 8/15/19 9:41 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you aren't hurting to bad!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/15/19 7:26 am, edited 8/15/19 12:26 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin!

Late posting for me - but I was in sleep deficit and actually slept close to eight hours last night (and woke up much later than usual). Fabulous!

Hamilton was absolutely wonderful. Too bad I was so tired (after 2.5 hours sleep) and therefore had a hard time maintaining my focus during the second act (I slept on the bus all the way home). I loved the singing and dancing but had a hard time following the plot during the second half because I was so freaking exhausted by then. Although then again, it's often difficult to follow plots in musicals even when alert - at least for me - the music and dancing are kind of the "thing" with musicals, and it's sometimes difficult to catch all the lyrics. I did read the synopsis before, during the intermission, and afterward, though, so I feel like somehow, I eventually "got" everything. I'd love to see it again, but at those prices, no. Maybe they'll make a movie at some point. I hope.

accountability was good yesterday although I ended up eating three protein bars due to being stuck on the bus half the day. I'm a little surprised they didn't stop around dinner time so people could grab something to eat.

4 years 2 months out:

B: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt and homemade strawberry/rhubarb compote, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing since i had a late breakfast

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: meeting a friend at Panera this afternoon. Maybe soup - or I may just take a protein bar along with me

D: sushi??

ex: I'll be walking around a lot this afternoon, so that. I may go to to a yoga class tonight, too.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/15/19 8:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I think I've been playing roller derby too long, because my first reaction to your post was, "Oooh! I want to see pictures of those epic bruises!" :-D

Still pretty exhausted and went to bed at the same time as my preschooler last night. I feel bad about not having the energy to do much exercise, but I know I need to be kind to my body and give myself time to heal. After all, it's only been 2.5 weeks, geez.

I'm officially down 20lb after surgery and I'm wearing pants that are one size smaller today. My tummy jiggle is extra pronounced in these since they haven't stretched yet, but I don't care. Now I'm just waiting for the three-week stall to kick in any freakin' day.

QOTD: Had a moment of it here on the boards! A certain delusional OH poster told me I was lying when I said "alcohol and psych meds don't mix," so I posted some expert information to refute it. Sometimes I don't know why I keep it up, it's like talking to a wall, but I hate misinformation-- especially when it could get somebody hurt.

Chows -- 2.5 weeks post RNY conversion

B: Fairlife milk, steel cut oats made with protein shake

L: Greek yogurt

D: scrambled egg or fish

S: Tons of Fairlife

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Teenie
on 8/15/19 8:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Congrats on the 20lbs. Hope the revision has made you feel better.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/15/19 8:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, I'm definitely feeling much better! I haven't had any GERD trouble since I left the hospital, which makes the miserable recovery 100% worth it :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Julia S.
on 8/15/19 8:38 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

The person who gives that advice is really scary. She puts stuff out there with nothing to back it up and gives really bad advice to people. When I see her posts I just ignore them. I only hope the newbies don't listen to her.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 8/15/19 6:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

that's my fear. I've been around here long enough to just ignore her, but I worry about the new people who see and believe her posts.

Teenie
on 8/15/19 8:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sorry about the fall JB

Just glad I was not there I have not one empathetic bone in my body I would have lent a hand to help you up but would have laughed the whole time while doing it. I am sorry I think falls are hilarious. Even my own. I drunk fell in a resort in Mexico all 300 wet bathing suit pounds of me laying on the marble floor with nachos and guacamole all over me. I am glad there are no photos of that incident but pretty much turtled for a least 5 minutes because I was to wet and too drunk to get up. I laughed threw the whole thing. Friends still remind me of it all the time. Now that I have been rearranged there are very few ****tails in my life .

Accountability was great yesterday with liquids vitamins food and no exercise but weight was down. Scale said 141.4 today first time I've seen that number. .

TSS 1 year 8 months 4 day

B: Bariatric Advantage Iced Latte w/Miralax

CB: Dark roast coffee with Stevia and SF ID Caramel Macchiato

MS Carb Master cinnamon roll yogurt No bake carrot cake

L: Real Good Beef Enchiladas and bruschetta topping

D: Stuffed burger with smoked Gouda bacon and home made pickles and butternut squash fries done in the air fryer

LS Dark roast coffee with Stevia and SF ID Caramel Macchiato

My car has been in the garage and I hate driving my husband truck so i been avoiding the gym. I'll get back there net week.

Have a great day everyone.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

artchikk
on 8/15/19 8:56 am
RNY on 02/12/18

hey guys! I am back!

actually I've been back from vacation since Monday but I haven't been posting because 1. work was really busy and 2, I wasn't ready to fess up to my terrible eating habits over vacation...and also into Monday. ugh.

As of this morning I was up 4 lbs from my lowest so I am ready to buckle down and try to get the vacation weight off. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for getting so far off track and allowing myself to eat all the snacks...now it's twice as hard to re-set my mind into "that's not OK to eat"...especially since veggies have been causing more discomfort lately but the crackers and popcorn were going down just fine!

I had my 18 month f/u appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday and despite my 4lb gain (still 15lbs lower than from my 1 year appt), he was super happy with my progress. He said I have done better than 90% of his patients and am basically at a normal BMI. they usually expect about 60-70% of excess weight loss and I am at about 95% so that's pretty great!
He also asked me about skin removal and I said I was still considering what route to take. He said he could get insurance to cover it (he does it himself but he is not a plastic surgeon) for the panniculectomy...but I think if I am going to do it, I want to have it done by an actual plastic surgeon and probably go for a lower body lift/tummy tuck. I may be able to get insurance to pay for part of it though. I need to pay off some other debts before I start serious consideration though. Maybe by next spring.

QOTD: I have several "i told you so" moments a day with my 4 year old...mostly it's a repetitive "don't climb on that, you're going to get hurt". lol

Morning: coffee / miralax / sf coffeemate hazelnut
B: 1/2C cottage cheese, 3 oz diced smoked ham, ebb seasoning & dill
L: seafood chowder (I got a soup mix from the Garlic company in Galena and it turned out super yummy-only 192 calories per serving and 23 grams of protein once I added my shrimp and crab meat!) & 1 small peach
AS: L&F greek yogurt
D: more seafood chowder
ES: baby carrots & hummus (as long as my pouch tolerates it).

happy Friday Eve my friends!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views