What's on your Saturday Menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 8/17/19 6:26 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! No walk for Miss Lily and I as it is thundering and lightning and raining a bit too. She is in her covered crate and has had her melatonin. We are heading out today for a week at the distribution center in Chatham before.heading to Indiana for 3 weeks. Mostly ready to go but have a few more last minute things to take out. Not a big fan of doctors but do follow up as they request. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 122 today. Here's the food plan for the day B 2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli chicken and cheese D 4 oz burger with cheese and no bun S if needed 1/2 c blueberries. Need to hit at least 100 ounces today as I didn't yesterday. Have a wonderful day full of smart and conscious choices everyone!

catwoman7
on 8/17/19 6:39 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I didn't make it to my early morning yoga class this morning. I have to do SOMETHING today because I didn't go to my yoga studio or my gym this week, and I feel like I have to go to each one twice a week, at least, to make the membership fees worthwhile. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time motivating myself these last few days.

Not much on the agenda today other than a couple of errands.

QOTD: I'm not one who goes to the doctor with every new zit or cold (OK - so I have not had "zits" for decades), but on the other hand, if I have something unidentifiable for more than a couple of days, I go (I'd even go with identifiable things if they were lasting longer than what would reasonably be expected....)

4 years 2 months out:

B: protein pancakes topped with plain Greek yogurt, diced peach, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing (late breakfast)

L: cottage cheese or salad with diced turkey

AS: frozen protein shake

D: if I'm home, maybe turkey on a low-carb wrap

ex: SOMETHING!!

Patty R.
on 8/17/19 7:46 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Ugh, new work environment with 'new' germs to test the immune system. Warm sal****er gargles worked amazingly well with my 2 petri dish kids.

QOTD: My Mom is/was a nurse so we had to be on death's door to go to the doctor..."nurse heal thy self and thy children" Me as a nurse, not so much. Things changed since an idiot doc denied/mistreated my obvious tick bite and bullseye rash...

TSS 2yr 11mo

B coffee w/sf coffee mate, left over chicken

L: tuna on greens, ranch dressing

D: bunless cheeseburger, onion and tomato slice

S: ??

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

peachpie
on 8/17/19 7:48 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Sorry your under the weather JB- feel better. Is urgent care management without insurance? If it's strep I don't know if suffering through will work.

Today we'll be painting the interior of the house. It's been over 10 years and we need a change. Heading out now to get supplies and paint.

Qotd: we always went to the routine check ups growing up- occasionally a sick visit. My Dad worked for a local clinic for years, so he was always able to bounce questions off of medical staff there. We were generally were a healthy bunch- outside of by brothers car accident nothing significant health wise. I don't avoid the doctor at all, but I too often say to myself- what can they really do about X. When I was sick with my thyroid/Graves' disease I waited so long to see the doc because my symptoms were so nondescript, stomach upset, weakness, I assumed they wouldn't know what's wrong.

219 today, a frustrating uptick, but overall I've been on a great downward trend.4.3 years out. 6.7 miles ran.

m1: core power protein shake

m2: chicken drumsticks, fried

m3: ?? Depends on how much of a disaster the house is

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

MadisonRose
on 8/17/19 9:56 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Oh no! I hope you don't have strep either! I had a really bad sore throat last week and one of my co-workers was out sick with strep throat. Thankfully, I don't think mine was as it finally cleared up after lots of hot tea and warm sal****er gargles. Hope you feel better soon!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Amy Liz
on 8/17/19 10:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Morning folks - afternoon for many of you! Woke up excited for a meet up with Cara (Au_Contrair) this morning only to discover a flat tire as I was planning to leave. There was piece a metal stuck in the tire that made a 2 inch cut so it wasn't salvageable. Thankfully they are brand new (2 days old!) and under full warranty so my car is at the shop getting a new one put on. What a pain and unfortunately I won't be able to see Cara before she flys home since I have no idea when my car will be done and she is an hour away. BOO!! Rob is off doing his thing today and I'm home w/DS waiting on my car, putzing around the house. May go see a movie with DS later but we can't agree on what to see! We will BBQ for dinner and watch a movie tonight.

QOTD - If I need to go, I go and I always follow up with whatever the Doc referred me for EXCEPT the colonoscopy referral he gave me a year ago. At my last appointment he scolded me and now that doctors office calling non-stop for an appointment. What is my hang up? It's the prep, not the procedure at all. Ugh I know I need to do it but I just don't wanna!!

Accountability - great

TSS 2 years, 8 months 169.2! yay

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 8/17/19 10:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

That stinks!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Greateight
on 8/17/19 10:31 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Well, aside from the gym, my entire day was built around nice weather: weeding the walks, getting my car washed, taking my son fly fishing and dinner by the fire pit. As Karen mentioned its rainy here in Illinois today, so I'm a bit up in the air.

QOTD: ignoring medical issues hasn't worked well for me, so now I try to go whenever I need to. 2018 was tough, I had something like 38 doctors appointments. 2019 has been fewer and as I get to the one year point from surgery, it should be fewer still. I have been able to move a few doctors to once a year and one I don't see at all, so I feel like I am making progress.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Snack: Peach

Lunch: Brisket

Snack: Jerky

Dinner: Cheeseburger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

MadisonRose
on 8/17/19 11:58 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I need to get my butt to the grocery store and get everything I need for next week. Cooking a big Italian dinner for a friend and baking their favorite cookies. Haven't made this meal since before surgery, but I will not give in and try any of it. They are taking all the leftovers home with them! It's just so gloomy out today I don't feel like going anywhere. Tomorrow I'm seeing a movie with a dear friend of mine who is expecting her first baby girl come November so I'll be taking her baby gifts to her tomorrow as well since I won't be able to make it to her baby shower.

QOTD: I don't like going to the doctor, but I will go if I'm deathly ill. I have to be pretty sick though. I'm not stubborn about going, but I don't go for every little thing.

B: premier shake

L: L&F Greek yogurt

D: either leftover salmon and veggies or some turkey meatballs

S: maybe a cheese stick or an apple

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Melody P.
on 8/17/19 12:04 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday everyone. Sorry to hear you're sick JB

It's been a slow day. We're supposed to get up to 105 today but i'm freezing my butt off. I talked my mom into getting rid of a bunch of junk food. Well not a bunch but most of what we had. The only thing junky left is pop tarts for the kids and I really don't like those.

I've done good so far today. Except...I tired to eat a few bites of chicken breast for lunch...making sure to chew well and I still feel like i'm going to throw it up sooner than later. Chicken is getting to be on my not ever food list. The only dense protein that doesn't make me feel like crap is shrimp. Getting my water in today will be a challenge due to my stomach feeling this way.

qotd:I used to never go. Uncontrolled type 2 diabetes for years and years. Then I got retinopathy so I applied for district clinic THEN was approved for social security disability for my mental health issues. So I keep up now. I go to a local mental health clinic every 6 or so weeks. I really try to be better and take care of myself better. I still don't do all that I should but i'm A work in progress.

b:pp shake

s:Apple sauce

l:butternut squash with Alfredo sauce and that dang chicken

s:1oz sharp cheddar

d:pp shake

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views