What's on your Saturday Menu RNYers?

Maddymoe2
on 8/17/19 3:21 pm
RNY on 11/22/16

A lot of people tolerate dark meat easier than chicken breast.

catwoman7
on 8/17/19 7:13 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you may be able to tolerate chicken at some point. A lot of people seem to have trouble with it the first few weeks or months, but many are eventually OK with it again.

Librarian67
on 8/17/19 5:50 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Here's our bunch: feel free to copy and paste and send to your friends...

This is Louie. He came to us from a rescue 14 1/2 yrs ago as a 6 month old. He came from a MD feral colony and has a tipped ear and has never completely socialized. He is a sweet but shy boy. He loves to be combed and have his belly rubbed but he hides when anyone else is around. He needs a quiet home where he can sleep in the sunshine and be cherished.

This is Purl. She came to our family in August 2010 and was 2 yrs old. We call her Princess Purl because she rules the roost. She is very social, talkative, curious and loves to have her ears and belly rubbed. She came to us with a respiratory infection, so we give her Lysine treats regularly. She hasn't been around dogs or children but would be a great part of a family.

This is Bijou. She adopted us on Labor Day 2014. She wandered up the street to me as a 8-10 week old very sick kitten and asked for a home. We didn't think she would live but she has grown into a beautiful healthy house cat. She can still be a bit shy with strangers but loves to play with the other cats and take naps on the bed with us. She would make a good playmate for another cat.

And finally there is Pablo. He joined our family about a year ago after living in a cage at PetSmart for 6 months and is about 4 years old. We know nothing about his life before but he is a very active and playful but gets easily over stimulated and can play rough. He would love a playmate and might do well with dogs but not children.

All of the cats are indoor only but do enjoy sitting in open windows and lounging in the sunshine on our screen porch.

Please help us to find good homes for our beloved cat-kids! We will be happy to transport them to you!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

momyshaver
on 8/18/19 3:11 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Waking up sick always is worse than getting a heads up the day before, (for me). I woke up with a sore throat today but I had thought maybe allergies were coming on the previous week and one of my older teens had a cold last week so I think it is probably a combo here. I hope it isn't strep. If you feel like it might be strep please go in and get some antibiotics. QOTD: I don't remember going to the Dr often as a child but went through a time as a younger adult where I sort of fell into a movement that did a lot of self treatment and Dr. shamed. I am way on the other side of the spectrum now and my health is in the tank. It is what it is. I don't like going to the Dr. but it is necessary. They can help but I have also experienced some mistakes that have made a bad situation worse. (Medical mistakes are one of the leading causes of death in America so I still believe it is important to be involved in your care as much as possible.)

I will probably try harder to get fluids in today due to my throat. Starting with some hot coffee and after my limit there switching to SF cider or herbal tea. I am so happy for my electric ho****er kettle. Every home should have one! My kids are able to make themselves hot drinks pretty safely and it is so quick and practical. We are in the middle of moving and much is packed and over at the new home so life is a bit upside down right now. My body was already sore before this so I am trying to figure out what some tylenol will help and what I will have to grin and bear. 4 days until move out here and I am feeling the pressure but trying to be efficient yet patient with family. The crockpot has kept healthy meals going and there is plenty of leftover healthy choices for the family, thankfully.

I hope everyone has a great weekend full of conscious, healthy choices. Play the hand you are dealt

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics