What's on your Sunday Menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/18/19 4:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a relaxing Saturday. I was flat out sick all day yesterday. I did manage to get to the grocery store, but I was so exhausted and shaky and feverish when I got home that I laid down before I even put the groceries in the fridge. I spent 99% of the day watching the stupid shark movie marathon on SyFy. Atomic Shark must be the best-worst movie ever made, lol.

QOTD: Do you meal prep over the weekend, or do you plan on that day of? I love to plan ahead, but last year it got tough to find the time. I am enjoying planning my menus ahead, creating a shopping list and doing the prep work on the weekends, again!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/18/19 5:47 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! A cloudy humid day here in the cornfields of Illinois but Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in already. Yesterday was a busy day with finishing packing the camper,driving an hour and 10 minutes and setting up here at the distribution center but we got it done in time to go to church even. Today we are going to go to the last day of the Illinois State Fair so I'll definitely get my steps in there. QOTD I usually plan the day of but the only meal that involves much prep is dinner. Accountability was spot on food wise yesterday but I only hit 8000 steps due to rain in the morning and no walk with Lily. She sure was ready to go this morning though! Weight today 122.4. Here's the food plan for the day B 2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz onion burger with cheese no bun S if needed 1/2 pk peanut butter crackers (have to share with Lily,of course!) Pic of her on our walk this morning. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

catwoman7
on 8/18/19 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' folks!

We spent most of the day yesterday running errands and posting flyers all over town for the organization I co-chair. I was beat by the time we got home. Today we're meeting MIL for lunch at this Indian buffet. I'm feeling bloated from yesterday (too much sodium? Calories weren't horrible so....). I may just order an appetizer off the menu and punt the buffet. I don't tend to overdo it at those things anymore, but still... Nothing else on the agenda at the moment, but I have a lot of things I could be doing around the house.

QOTD: I usually just figure out my plan the morning of based on what we have in the fridge, but sometimes I'll make a big pot of something (e.g., pulled pork) that'll dictate what we'll be eating for the next several days.

4 years 2 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt, diced peach, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: probably nothing due to having lunch out

L: Indian food

AS: same as MS - probably nothing!

D: salad with diced turkey breast

ex: either a Zumba or a yoga class

have a great day, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 8/18/19 6:39 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good Sunday morning everyone! Today I kind of just want to be lazy and stay home as it's that time of month for me and feeling extra bloated and crampy. But I promised my friend I'd see a movie with her today so I'm not going to back out. Just wish the weather was better here today....looks like another rainy one.

QOTD: I usually plan ahead....especially for lunches during the work week because in the mornings I'm always rushing around too much and don't have time to try and figure out what I'll have for lunch that day. Sometimes dinners don't get planned until the day of though.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: protein bar

S: I'll probably end up eating some popcorn w/o the butter at the movie theater. I know I shouldn't, but it aways smells so good!

D: was gonna have leftover spaghetti w/zoodles, but the family wants me to meet them for dinner out at some steakhouse so guess it's steak for dinner with a veggie of some sort.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Amy Liz
on 8/18/19 7:46 am, edited 8/18/19 12:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! I hope you are feeling better today JB! I didn't do much yesterday, a lot of lazy couch time but it was relaxing. Today we are taking the dogs to the park, running some errands, house stuff and weekly prep. I am tired of this up and down on the same painful pound for-ev-er... I've lowered my calories again and tweaked the macos some more, back to 600 - not sure why I thought I'd lose with higher cals, but keto gave me hope and worked for a while. Come on scale!?!

QOTD - I am a total planner! I love it and it keeps me sane. I like knowing exactly what I'm eating and when and if I have to deviate, I have plan B also!

Accountability - good - we got jersey mikes and I'm not confident about the macros, but I enjoyed a turkey sub in a tub, no oil, no cheese, w/added mayo.

TSS 2 years 8 mo - 169.6 - come on!

Have a great day!

eta- fix typo

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Melody P.
on 8/18/19 8:41 am, edited 8/18/19 8:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Sunday morning folks.

going to be a scorcher here today. I?m ready for fall & winter!

qotd: I should but I don?t.

b:PP shake

s:sharp cheddar cheese

l:2oz shrimp, riced cauliflower, sf sauce

s:egg with 1 tbs of cheese

d:pp shake

edited to add all the food

Greateight
on 8/18/19 10:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I am in our Instagram stream for a winery cooking class that we did last summer in Italy (before surgery). I think that I am helping to make Tiramisu. But I don't know how to copy a picture from Instagram onto the IPAD to save it.

Its still off and on thunderstorms here in Chicago, so plans are a bit up in the air. Going to Home Depot with Marilyn and maybe Dick's to get back to school clothes (i.e. gym shorts) for one of my sons. Other than that, plans are pretty much weather dependent. Rest day from the gym for me.

QOTD: Probably the day of. I tend to eat the same breakfasts and snacks every day and Marilyn makes dinner. Work brings in lunch for various meetings fairly often Once a week, I try and go to the Palm for Ahi tuna salad because it is so yummy. And we have a cafeteria in our building.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Cheeseburger

Snack: Light and fit

Dinner: Skirt Steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 8/18/19 11:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Take a screen shot! Click the top right button and the home key at the same time while displaying what you want to screen shot.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 8/18/19 12:15 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, Jen! Marilyn and my son are headed to Golden to visit School of Mines at the end of September.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 8/18/19 7:26 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, let me know if they need any tips for the area! I'm sure they are already engaged with people at the school but one of my best colleagues's Son is a sr there this year and I'm sure I could connect them!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?