What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 8/19/19 7:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you get to feeling better soon. Today is catch up from being out Friday. I was unplugged from work stuff which is rare that I'm not keeping an eye on emails and such. It was nice but this morning I'm swamped.

Accountability: Not bad over the weekend. Completed the run challenge. I even did a 9-miler on Sunday to see how it went since I'm contemplating doing the 1/2 I usually do in November (hubby is already signed up since he didn't do as well as he wanted last year). I hadn't done a long run since my injuries in Feb from my last 1/2.

QOTD: Yup! I've had Pinterest wins and fails- lol!

TSS: 5 years

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage links and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: SF almond milk latte, starkist buffalo chicken pack, pork rinds, a few pistachios, and carbmaster cottage cheese

D: BBQ chicken pizza on low carb lavash, small salad, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with butter and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1427 Protein:137 Carbs:104 Fat:59

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Christina135
on 8/19/19 7:50 am

Happy Monday everyone! Wasn't it just Friday? How did we get here so fast?

I'm super happy I found another meat substitute that is super high in protein. It's called FieldBurger, available at (my not favorite store ever) Walmart. It was nice to be included in the burger grilling with my step kiddos over the weekend.

Today looks to be as easy as possible:

B - Coffee with almond milk, potato and cheese taco
S - Atkins shake (30g protein)
L - Salad or veggies of some sort
D - Quiche/salad - La Madeline with my mother in law
S - Atkins shake, (30g protein)

Still working on making sure I am getting protein in, and adequate water. All vitamins accounted for.

Have a great day everyone!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/19 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi all! Doing OK here, though I slept way too much this weekend. I just want to be able to get up and get moving at the gym again, I miss the pool! On the plus side, I went and bought a handful of tops in a size L, not XL, so that's pretty cool. Definitely a good victory.

I'm pretty sure I'm not eating enough and that's why I feel so awful. I think I'm getting hunger pains in my remnant stomach, is that a thing? My stomach has really been bothering me all weekend, I suspect it's because I've had so few calories and my body is just DONE with it.

QOTD: Major eyeroll at the folks (not naming names) think that making something "low fat" or "fat-free" magically means you can eat as much of it as you want. And recipes with "fat free half-and-half," WTF is that? I thought half-and-half is half milk, half cream, how are you going to take the fat out and have ANYTHING left at all? Geez.

Chows, 3 weeks post-conversion:

B: Fairlife milk, part of a protein bar

L: homemade egg bites with sausage, mushroom, and cheese

D: sesame chicken breast

S: lots of Fairlife, maybe some string cheese

Exercise: Going to take a couple of short walks during the workday, rather than trying to sit down and do something for 20 minutes again. Learned my lesson last time!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/19 9:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I don't get the fat free people at all, but I also don't get the fat bomb people, either. I get a lot of fat in my diet, but it's primarily just part of the foods I eat. The idea of adding a ton of some fat to something is just unpalatable.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Liz J.
on 8/19/19 2:21 pm
DS on 11/29/16

100% agree with you on both! If I need more fat, I eat normal food with more fat. That's not to say I haven't added whip cream to my jello to get it higher for the day!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Amy Liz
on 8/19/19 8:16 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Happy Monday folks. I had a pretty chill, lazy weekend. Started watching American Horror Story Season 1 - OMG, why did I wait so long? So good! I'm on episode 5 now and even Rob is watching! I was dreaming about it all night and I can't stop thinking about it, crazy! Today is an ease back into life day, it will be a long day at work, no gym, leftovers for dinner and more American Horror Story!

QOTD - I feel like I have tried every low carb hack there is over the last 15 years My favorite was probably banana nut muffins that were made with almond flour and banana extract but I would eat them until they were gone - ALL OF THEM. didn't lose weight, go figure! I could see making those again now that I can't eat as much, but not until I get to goal. For me these hacks seem to be pitfalls and stop any progress I am making.

Accountability - great - tweaked my macros again

TSS 2 years, 8 months 169.5 -still

Have a wonderful day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 8/19/19 9:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

JB I love the hydration tip!

Accountability was s**t this weekend. I've been averaging less than 900 calories a day so how could I actually gain 4lbs??? So I went off the rails and ate too much popcorn, milk duds and gummy bears. There was also a cinnamon roll in there, I've been craving one for the last year and a half so I gave in. I didn't even record most of the weekend. Getting back on track today.

I'm at 38.1 miles for the month, so I should make the 50 easily. If I do nothing else I have been getting at least 3.4 miles a day in.

I've been so frustrated seeing my weight go up when I can't account for why. Even if it is water retention I've been drinking more water, but I guess not enough. I haven't had a glass of wine in over 2 weeks and I know that was not helping me to lose anything. I've decided to cut out all alcohol until I reach my goal, and reevaluate it then. I'm just struggling, I'm depressed and in dire need of a vacation. Nothing planned, I was trying to get to the redwoods before the end of summer but I don't think that will happen.

My roommate is scheduled for surgery September 26 which is great, he's been trying to get the surgery for at least 3+ years. He came close before but they made him go through the whole process again, his holdup was the CPAP machine, but he has beaten it now.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Liz J.
on 8/19/19 2:25 pm
DS on 11/29/16

He's he getting a WLS? That would be great, then it's easier to plan shared meals!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Melody P.
on 8/19/19 9:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning/afternoon menu folks.

we are just about out of groceries but my mom doesn't feel like driving atm.

I'm feeling a bit more positive. I've resigned myself to the fact i'll Likely have issues with heartburn/GERD for a long while and I won't be able to eat a lot of spicy stuff. While it is 90% better it was bothering me a bit. Time to just pick myself up and learn new ways to eat stuff. I see my surgeon next Thursday so i'll be having a conversation with him about it all. I did read one of the symptoms of Cushing's can be heartburn/GERD so that's interesting.

QOTD:well I used to try this or that but I have a hard time controlling myself so now I tend not to. I do use sweeteners like stevia liquid in my coffees and have skinny mixes I use for my shakes and coffee too. I have tried FF cheese and just yuck. It is gross! I know some like or even love it. I do tend to get light sour cream or cottage cheese but I don't use them that much so they are often not even bought. During the holidays I usually will make a crustless pumpkin pie or some kind of dessert. Something I don't totally love so i'm Not tempted to go crazy with. I find sugar free/fat free gives a lot of people to much freedom to eat certain things. I'm one of em so I tend not to buy it!

b:PP shake

s:a couple of tortilla chips, 1/2 oz sharp cheddar

l:1 egg with 1tbs of shredded fiesta blend cheese

s:???

d:???

Melody P.
on 8/19/19 1:36 pm - Amarillo, TX

had an hour of high stress and I didn't handle it the best I could of. Had a small handful of Fritos. Good news? I stopped and didn't have the pizza I fixed for my mom. I really wanted it too.

instead I did a very vigorous exercise 30 min bike ride with varying resistance levels. Then I did a lifting circuit for about 15 minutes. I feel all sweaty and great! It was hot in the basement !

to update my original post...

s:Fritos and a yogurt(got to the store!)

d: may be another shake but also might be a pouch of tuna with a tiny bit of light mayo. Will update later.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics