5 days post op and still feel terrible

Alyssamoore01
on 8/19/19 8:40 am
RNY on 08/14/19

Hey everyone I had RNY on 8/14/19 and I still feel terrible I'm talking I eat half a jello and my stomach starts bubbling and I wanna curl up and not move. Is this normal? I tried 1oz of protein and I cant get that down either without my stomach feeling crappy. Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal?

Please help!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/19/19 8:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You should call your medical provider if you're feeling worse than expected or if you can't tolerate the foods they have you on.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/19 9:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That's about how I felt. I was on nothing but liquids for two weeks. If I tried jello, I let it melt in my mouth first.

Take it slow, but if you are alarmed, call your doc. This was major surgery! It will get better soon.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/19 9:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

My first week after RNY was absolutely miserable!! So you're definitely not alone.

Are you still on pain medication? I found that it helped a lot, I had a much harder time getting in my fluid and drinking protein shakes when I was in pain.

When you eat your jello, do it VERY slowly. Take tiny bites, like the size of a grain of rice. Put your spoon down between each bite. Give your stomach time to deal with it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MadisonRose
on 8/19/19 10:06 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Sorry you are having a difficult time. Definitely talk to your doctor about this as others have mentioned. I think this surgery affects us all differently. I know the first week after surgery my doctor had me on soft foods immediately....skipped the whole liquid stage. I felt great the first week aside from being a little sore and the gas pains. I was actually hungry and tolerated everything I ate really well. It was about a month out when all my problems seemed to start. I was nauseous all the time and could not keep anything down. I got really dehydrated because I wasn't getting my fluids in. It was an awful time that I do not wish to go back to. Everyone kept telling me it will pass and get better including my surgeons office, but I was starting to believe I'd never feel better. Well eventually one day I did and I have felt great ever since. So definitely get advice from your doctor about what's going on and just hang in there. You'll get through this.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

jenorama
on 8/19/19 2:34 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

It's going to take a while before you feel back to normal and more like yourself. For a long time, even after I was back to eating solid food, drinking felt strange and would start up the gurgles. You're also going to be very tired for longer than you think--getting over the anesthesia takes a while. If you're like me, you're raring to jump into life now that you've taken the step of surgery, but you have to take it easy in these early days. Be kind to yourself!

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/19 12:37 am

Walking helps a lot . I followed my surgeons orders to get up and walk 10 minutes every half waking hour ( my pet Persian paced beside me :)

try eating n drinking Very Slowly ... ((())) hugs

and welcome to the losers bench !

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?