What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

JuniperBerry
on 8/20/19 1:40 am, edited 8/20/19 3:44 am - MA

Hello! Raise your hand if you made it though Monday! Not me... :( I felt okay all day at work, but I was a mess last night. I think I only slept in 5 - 10 minute increments, so I tried sleeping in multiple places (toe to head, upstairs couch, downstairs couch, guest bedroom...), but I was achy and my chest hurt so nothing worked. I have no idea how I am going to make it through today--especially because, so far while I am learning, this new job mostly consists of reading 1500+ lines in a spreadsheets to find mistakes. I am going to go blind trying this without sleep!

Accountability: All good until 2 Hershey Kisses fought their way into my mouth last night.

QOTD: What internet rabbit hole have you fallen into, lately? This weekend I was on Wikipedia after watching the Last Czars, and suddenly I was lost in reading about the Romanov Family. Not gonna, lie--I also spent some time googling Pagan Motercyle gangs yesterday before work, too. Hmm.

Exercise: Blowing my nose. Coughing. Trying to breathe.

• 4'11"
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200
  • High Weight before RNY: 160
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110
  • Maintenance Weight: 120
  • CW: 130 (and dropping... thank you Keto!)
  • below goal in 9 months

Partlypollyanna
on 8/20/19 2:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning JB! Maybe your colleagues will be " hey, why don't you take your spreadsheets home for a few days and look at them there, give your germs a chance to rest". Hope this is the last gasp of the cold!

qotd - it's been a minute but I once lost a whole Saturday morning down a pretty Crown Jewels/sparkly tiaras rabbit hole. There are some gorgeous rocks out there!

b - cottage cheese

l - 4 oz ever roast and .8 oz cheddar, 3 pickle slices

d - not sure yet

s - frozen light and fit

ex - cardio Pilates

have a terrific tuesday

HW: 306 SW: 282 CW:144.8 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19), next goal - 132.9

Jen

Dcgirl
on 8/20/19 3:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

My lord, Julia...you and Jen are up absurdly early! I got up at 4 am and had too much on my mind so I finally got out of bed at 5. I hate the racing brain! I really hope you feel better ASAP. No meds are working?

QOTD: Hmmm a rabbit hole. The other day I was curious about the supposed terrible custody issues a certain Bravo reality star was having and ended up reading multiple articles on page 6 and a few other sites and now know way too much about her ex-husband, their terrible marriage, and all sorts of things that really are not relevant in any way to my life! I'm not proud of it!

B: either 4 oz boars head ever roast chicken (shaved, the best!) and 1 oz cheddar cheese or .5 cups cottage cheese mashed up with two hard boiled eggs. Both good options!

L: Mini peppers and mini cucumbers and sugar snap peas dipped into greek yogurt with ranch seasoning. Salads with leftover steak for the boys. I will likely need an afternoon snack.

S: popcorn?

D: Fried fish and homemade fries for Kris, panko shrimp from Costco for me

E: Body Pump tonight! It's a good mix of cardio as well as weights.

Feel better and don't go cross-eyed over the Excel sheet!

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hate it when I can't turn off my brain.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 137-140 (10/2018)GW 150

JuniperBerry
on 8/20/19 2:31 pm - MA

Haha, yes that is the type of internet rabbit hole that I'm familiar with! I watched an old repeat of wife swap a few weeks ago and lost hours looking up the "where are they now" pages. How did we ever survive before google?

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

catwoman7
on 8/20/19 4:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I love those kinds of pages! Sometimes someone I remember from my childhood (either famous - or not) will pop into my head, so I look for those "where are they now" pages (or if they're not famous - like a former classmate from the 2nd grade - I'll just google search them to see what happened to them)

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 3:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you feel better, take care of yourself. I didn't go to bed early enough last night and am sleepy this morning but I have a busy day lined up (need to start purging stuff at the office for this downsizing).

Accountability: I had PB crackers at bedtime.

QOTD: Usually just FB and sometimes here (Lol)

TSS: 5 years

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Iced dessert latte bar, P3 ham pack, a handful of pistachios and Carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ chicken pizza in low carb lavash, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6.25 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1417 Protein:126 Carbs:106 Fat:62

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW 291.4/CW 137-140 (10/2018)GW 150

Greateight
on 8/20/19 4:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today I am going to the Courthouse to observe a day of hearings at the Juvenile Court. I serve on the Board of an organization that works with children who are part of the Juvenile Court system as a result of abuse or neglect. We are for the most part a fundraising Board, and we are encouraged to observe a day in Court in order to better understand how the system works.

This photo came on our Instagram stream last weekend - it was taken in Italy about two months before surgery. I don't know why I am so excited about being on Instagram.

QOTD: I resisted the urge to google the bikers because I didn't want it on my search history. I know way too much about Patriot players who will probably not be on the team by Labor Day.

Breakfast: Steak

Snack:Protein Bar

Lunch: Not sure what Courthouse has

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 53 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

World Class Fitness in 100 Words: Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, Clean, Squat, Presses, Clean & Jerk, and Snatch, Similarly master the basics of gymnastics: Pull-ups, Dips, Rope Climb, Push-ups, Sit-ups, Presses to Handstands, Pirouettes, Flips, Splits and Holds. Bike, Run, Swim, Row, etc. hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

JuniperBerry
on 8/20/19 4:29 am - MA

First of all, I fear for the forensic internet expert who would be tasked with reading through my search history if I'm ever accused of a crime, lol.

Enjoy your day. Did you listen to the most recent season of the Serial podcast? Overall I don't think it was a very strong season but when she delved into the juvenile justice system, I was hooked. I'm pretty clued into those issues because of my work, and I learned a lot.

• 4'11"
  • below goal in 9 months

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That pic is totally awesome!

Recent Topics
Depression
Tracywaites · 4 replies · 102 views
10 years out, need support
Betty S. · 3 replies · 116 views