What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/20/19 1:40 am, edited 8/20/19 3:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello! Raise your hand if you made it though Monday! Not me... :( I felt okay all day at work, but I was a mess last night. I think I only slept in 5 - 10 minute increments, so I tried sleeping in multiple places (toe to head, upstairs couch, downstairs couch, guest bedroom...), but I was achy and my chest hurt so nothing worked. I have no idea how I am going to make it through today--especially because, so far while I am learning, this new job mostly consists of reading 1500+ lines in a spreadsheets to find mistakes. I am going to go blind trying this without sleep!

Accountability: All good until 2 Hershey Kisses fought their way into my mouth last night.

QOTD: What internet rabbit hole have you fallen into, lately? This weekend I was on Wikipedia after watching the Last Czars, and suddenly I was lost in reading about the Romanov Family. Not gonna, lie--I also spent some time googling Pagan Motercyle gangs yesterday before work, too. Hmm.

Exercise: Blowing my nose. Coughing. Trying to breathe.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/20/19 2:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning JB! Maybe your colleagues will be " hey, why don't you take your spreadsheets home for a few days and look at them there, give your germs a chance to rest". Hope this is the last gasp of the cold!

qotd - it's been a minute but I once lost a whole Saturday morning down a pretty Crown Jewels/sparkly tiaras rabbit hole. There are some gorgeous rocks out there!

b - cottage cheese

l - 4 oz ever roast and .8 oz cheddar, 3 pickle slices

d - not sure yet

s - frozen light and fit

ex - cardio Pilates

have a terrific tuesday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 8/20/19 3:49 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

My lord, Julia...you and Jen are up absurdly early! I got up at 4 am and had too much on my mind so I finally got out of bed at 5. I hate the racing brain! I really hope you feel better ASAP. No meds are working?

QOTD: Hmmm a rabbit hole. The other day I was curious about the supposed terrible custody issues a certain Bravo reality star was having and ended up reading multiple articles on page 6 and a few other sites and now know way too much about her ex-husband, their terrible marriage, and all sorts of things that really are not relevant in any way to my life! I'm not proud of it!

B: either 4 oz boars head ever roast chicken (shaved, the best!) and 1 oz cheddar cheese or .5 cups cottage cheese mashed up with two hard boiled eggs. Both good options!

L: Mini peppers and mini cucumbers and sugar snap peas dipped into greek yogurt with ranch seasoning. Salads with leftover steak for the boys. I will likely need an afternoon snack.

S: popcorn?

D: Fried fish and homemade fries for Kris, panko shrimp from Costco for me

E: Body Pump tonight! It's a good mix of cardio as well as weights.

Feel better and don't go cross-eyed over the Excel sheet!

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hate it when I can't turn off my brain.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 8/20/19 2:31 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Haha, yes that is the type of internet rabbit hole that I'm familiar with! I watched an old repeat of wife swap a few weeks ago and lost hours looking up the "where are they now" pages. How did we ever survive before google?

catwoman7
on 8/20/19 4:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I love those kinds of pages! Sometimes someone I remember from my childhood (either famous - or not) will pop into my head, so I look for those "where are they now" pages (or if they're not famous - like a former classmate from the 2nd grade - I'll just google search them to see what happened to them)

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 3:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I hope you feel better, take care of yourself. I didn't go to bed early enough last night and am sleepy this morning but I have a busy day lined up (need to start purging stuff at the office for this downsizing).

Accountability: I had PB crackers at bedtime.

QOTD: Usually just FB and sometimes here (Lol)

TSS: 5 years

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Iced dessert latte bar, P3 ham pack, a handful of pistachios and Carbmaster yogurt

D: BBQ chicken pizza in low carb lavash, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6.25 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1417 Protein:126 Carbs:106 Fat:62

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 8/20/19 4:15 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today I am going to the Courthouse to observe a day of hearings at the Juvenile Court. I serve on the Board of an organization that works with children who are part of the Juvenile Court system as a result of abuse or neglect. We are for the most part a fundraising Board, and we are encouraged to observe a day in Court in order to better understand how the system works.

This photo came on our Instagram stream last weekend - it was taken in Italy about two months before surgery. I don't know why I am so excited about being on Instagram.

QOTD: I resisted the urge to google the bikers because I didn't want it on my search history. I know way too much about Patriot players who will probably not be on the team by Labor Day.

Breakfast: Steak

Snack:Protein Bar

Lunch: Not sure what Courthouse has

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 8/20/19 4:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

First of all, I fear for the forensic internet expert who would be tasked with reading through my search history if I'm ever accused of a crime, lol.

Enjoy your day. Did you listen to the most recent season of the Serial podcast? Overall I don't think it was a very strong season but when she delved into the juvenile justice system, I was hooked. I'm pretty clued into those issues because of my work, and I learned a lot.

Emiepie
on 8/20/19 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That pic is totally awesome!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics