Help with daily diet- and demystifying the confusion

jmk187
on 8/20/19 2:40 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

It's the weight loss surgery program I attended for surgery's, post op lifestyle plan...they actually do post everything online of you want to look it over. Here is the link.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highland/bariatric-surgery-ce nter/life-after-surgery/bariatric-diets.aspx

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

dreamer1234
on 8/20/19 3:51 pm

i agree with you. i am 11 months post op and found that carbs are the killer for me so i just stay away from them. i get hungry at night and i eat cucumbers which seems to help me alot. i am not a real meat person so i get my protein thru fat free cottage cheese, salmon, boiled eggs and high protein,organic soy edame and black bean pasta. my stomach is real sensitive and lots of foods don't agree with me so i have to be careful with what i eat.

White Dove
on 8/20/19 8:57 pm - Warren, OH

Women need 10 calories a day to maintain a pound of weight and men need 12. So for a woman to maintain at 150 pounds, they would need to eat 1500 calories a day. To lose a pound a week, they would reduce to 1000 calories and that would mean 3500 less calories or one pound of loss.

Fruit is free on Weigh****chers because people are unlikely to binge on it. Weigh****chers works for me and sometimes I follow it for a while because I can do well with free foods. There are days when I have eaten zero points until dinner and still ate well. And I lose weight when I follow it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

siberiancat
on 8/21/19 9:33 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

My RNY was in 2009. I stayed at goal weight for about 8 years then gained 15 pounds. I tried journaling my food - counting grams carbs, grams protein, and calories and just wasn't losing those extra pounds.

I joined WW May of 2018 and have been at my WW goal for several months. I find it pretty easy to adapt WW plan to my bariatric needs.

First and foremost for me is 80-100 grams of protein a day.I am gluiten free, have reactive hypoglycemia, and just don't eat bread, noodles or sweets made with flour/sugar.

I eat many zero point fruits and vegetables. Although they are zero points the are NOT calorie free and I keep that in mind. I don't eat 5 bananas a day - for example.

I have boiled eggs, fat free cottage cheese, turkey or chicken breast and Fage 0% nonflavored greek yogurt every day - all zero points but high in protein.

No matter what food plan is out there - I would always consider bariatric requirements my first and highest priority. I do use Bluebonnet whey isolate protein powder once or twice a day to make sure I get my protein grams where they need to be. I use the ratio of 1 gram of protein per 10 calories to determine if it is a good source of protein. So I would say NO to a 200 calorie "protein bar" with only 9 grams of protein. For me a protein bar with 200 calories would need to be 19-20 grams of protein. Hope that makes sense.

Best wishes whatever you do,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 6:45 am, edited 8/22/19 11:46 pm

The way I see it 9-10 years post op and below goal weight 4 months after surgery and maintaining smoothly since ... is you have a choice

one - you can make regular cardio and even muscle building a priority and so will gradually get rid of leftover metabolic syndrome . Eventually your metabolism will speed up due to the extra muscle and you?ll b able to eat a lot more healthy calories without gaining .

Plastic surgery particularly liposuction also helps take away the empty fat cells that put out extra estrogen to perpetuate themselves which makes you hungrier and more prone to weight gain.

I DONT think all calories r created equal but do understand that many here justify eating a lot of their calories from fat . You can tell yourself that a McDonald?s cheeseburger is only 350 calories this is true but I ALWAYS find myself inflating if I eat fast or even restaurant food regularly . For me eating pretty much fat free particularly at home is the key to being able to eat basically what I want . Low-fat food can taste wonderful and b indistinguishable taste wise from rich versions of the same recipes ..... but you have to b willing to cook and even learn how to cook lowfat ....

I don't find I need to count calories at all ... that said I was always a lightweight and an ex athlete so maintaining my weight is easier for me than many others . Good luck ! Hugs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 247 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?