Meal plan help

cheapskate
on 8/21/19 6:55 pm, edited 8/21/19 6:56 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

im 4 years out. Remember me???

anyhow. Maintaining pretty easily. But a small gain recently I?m trying to nip in the bud. 2 recent surgeries and no working out. Blah.

I started a new job with 12 hour shifts. I have a very long commute. I only get one meal break in the morning and then don?t get home from wor****il 830.

I have figured inwill drink a shake on my way to work, eat lunch, drink a shake on my way home. But i need an idea for easy, protein forward snacks that i can have at 830 at night, knowing i go to bed by 10 to wash, rinse and repeat. I want it to feel like a ?meal? but not have the punch of a meal. Inwill prep during the weekend. But i dont. want to do like a cheese stick and beef stick kind of crap.

I prefer hot/warm foods.

Emiepie
on 8/21/19 8:01 pm
RNY on 08/11/14
  • Hi! Good to "see" ya!! I prep my eggbeaters for the week- I put a serving in individual containers and freeze them to pull out during the week. I also do shredded chicken in my instant pot on occasion.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 8/22/19 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi!

I held similar hours last year... and while I could technically eat any time I wanted during work hours last year, I never found time. I almost always packed a nice lunch but rarely ate it because I was a combination of too busy and too stressed.

My advice is to have the shake as a morning or afternoon snack (you can drink while you work, right?) and have more dense finger foods that you can manage while you drive to keep you more satiated!

Some ideas for quick dense high protein snacks that you can grab from the fridge with no prep:

• Hard boiled eggs
  • Costco Greenridge beef stick
  • Grilled Chicken strips sprinkled with Everything but the Bagel Spice
  • Deli meat in romaine lettuce with cream cheese
  • Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs
  • Shrimp ****tail

Good luck with your new adventure! Hows the new house?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ScaleSkater
on 8/22/19 2:09 pm

I love those beef sticks. I just ate one with a wheel of cheese (mini baby bel)

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TheLeanBigGuy
on 8/22/19 5:42 am

I too work similar hours, this is what we did, and it's working. Take some deli meat (ham ,turkey, chicken, etc.) place the slice in a cupcake pan - then scramble some eggs - fill the cups (Just over halfway) over the deli meat - you can add some cheese or just spice - bake for 15 to 20 minutes around 350 to 400.

When they are a golden brown on top - let them cool and pop them out and prep for each day.

I freeze them and take one in my bag. I'll let it thaw or put it in the fridge till later, when I can heat it.

Hope this helps

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/19 1:09 pm

OMG !!! Ok ... some actually filling and deli ious easy 2 make non fattening suggestions .

Do you hav access 2 a microwave at work ? Please check th thread for Mexican recipes _ five minute cheese ( or you can add ready made pulled meat ) fat free refried bean corn enchiladas .

Greek salad w fat free Ranch dressing ( Hidden Valkey is by far the best ) w fat free feta cheese chickpeas from a can stuffed grape leaves olives tabouleh wheat salad ( fat free) homemAde Tzaziki ( fat free Greek yogurt w garlic cucumbers n dill )

fat free lasagna ( please check Italian recipe thread ) or fat free cheese stuffed shells w fat free pesto sauce . I could tell you sixty fat free non fattening delicious filling recipes . You can eat lovely n still lose weight ! ((())))

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/23/19 3:28 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

To the OP:Bariatric patients should generally eat high-protein, low-carb, low-calorie, and few (if any) of Ava's recipes fit that profile.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cheapskate
on 8/25/19 4:43 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I was reading and seeing most probably won't work in my macros. I have to be very careful with carbs

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/19 12:14 am

Low carbing only keeps 10-15 lbs off and you can do exactly the same thing simply switching from coffee to tea ( tea speeds the metabolism slightly )

Low carb protein pushing diets particularly followed long term severely stress the kidneys too ... way too dangerous 4 me .

I find that calories aren't created equal .. if they were we could all live on fast food cheeseburger s/ out the bun n lose weight and stay healthy . Unfortunately eating like that neither losing weight or staying healthy is possible .

Look at what happened to Dr. Atkins the originator of the original high fat high protein low carb diet ( The Atkins Diet ) first he shriveled up into an ugly hunched over shrunken old man then a few years later he suddenly dropped dead of a stroke .

I find eating carbs is fine provided they're strictly fat free and that I wait 2 hours between eating fatty meaty meals ( where salad is allowed but few carbs) and fat free carby ones .

I've eaten this way ( following my surgeon recommended low fat high veggie post WLS diet to the letter ) since I had RNY 9 or so years ago and reached goal weight 4 months post , dropped 30 lbs below that and have stayed a stoopidly healthy size 0-2 ever since . ((())) good luck

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 417 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics