What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/22/19 2:07 am
RNY on 07/20/15

It's Friday Eve! I have to say, this week went by really quickly for me, but I am definitely ready for the weekend, too :) I don't think we have any real plans, either, so I am looking forward to some fun and relaxing!

Funny story, I had my buffalo chicken last night for dinner and when I was done, there was a lot of Franks Hot Sauce at the bottom of the bowl. My (fat) cat came to lick the bowl, and he licked it for a solid two minutes! This is the 2nd time this cat has eaten something ridiculously spicy. Can you imagine???

Accountability: Perfect until I thoughtlessly grabbed a handful of cheezits in a late afternoon meeting.

QOTD: Do you have a really nice view of something every day? I have a few! When I drive in on the highway, there is a point when I am close to Boston and catch a glimpse of a pretty harbor with still water, and the city in the background (bonus points because I often see it right at sunrise!) And my new office is about 1.5 miles from downtown Boston, and my 4th floor office has a nice view of the skyline. I will try to remember to grab a picture today!

Exercise: Guess what? I don't feel like death! I am going to the gym after work for sure and will literally run until I fall down!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/22/19 2:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am so ready for the weekend!! Just two more days, yay!

qotd - I have a very pretty view of the mountains from my office and I think my area is beautiful in general so I'm lucky that way!

accountability - I was so hungry all day yesterday - I ate all the cheese and yogurt before going to lunch. It was a day I was very happy I don't have crackers, cookies or whatever in the house because I would have eaten all of them!

i am planning more food today than usual because of that.

b - carbmaster cottage cheese

l - 4 oz ever roast chicken, 1 oz mozzarella

d - 4 oz ever roast chicken, 1 oz mozzarella

Also have .7 oz ever roast, 2 oz mozzarella and a power crunch bar in my bag o' food for the office plus I'll have my 3 coffees with half and half

1117/122/31

i have a cardio Pilates class tonight follows by a center and balance (stretching class). Yesterday I did an easy level 1 class with only 3 people...so she increased the difficulty to challenge the newbies -- so my "active recovery day" was more like just active but she did a lot focused on the hips at my request and my IT band and Piriformis are much happier today. Winning!!

have a terrific Thursday all!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/22/19 3:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the class!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 8/22/19 3:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning and happy Friday-eve! I have a few calls on my calendar and need to catch up on some training and schedule some team meetings.

Accountability: I had some peanut butter crackers

QOTD: I usually see the sun starting to come up when driving home or to the office.

Oatmeal run days

TSS: 5 years

B: SF latte, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and eggbeaters

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: SF almond milk latte, 2 real good food jalapeño/cheese poppers, and carbmaster yogurt

D: Birch Benders pancakes, sausage, eggbeaters, cauliflower hash browns, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: low carb pita with SF jelly and butter, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: 6.25 mile run and 40 mins elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1509 Protein:132 Carbs:125 Fat:62

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 8/22/19 4:01 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post before Liky and I head out for our first walk. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise. Weight is 122 today. QOTD sunrise when we walk. Here's the food plan for the day B 2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D 4 oz grilled brats and 2 slices of tomato S if needed 3 peanut butter crackers--other 3 are for my walking pal,Miss Lily of course! Have a great day full of healthy choices!

Greateight
on 8/22/19 4:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I am going to a Gala tonight for Lyme Disease research, so I am working from home today. I guess I need to primp. Actually it wouldn't make sense to go into the city, come home and get ready and pick up Marilyn , and then go back into the city to attend the event. I'm in the mood to get something at the auction, so hopefully they have something cool.

One of the themes the Gala is Gluten-Free Dairy-Free cooking by restaurant chefs, so finding on-plan foods should be pretty easy.

This is off topic, but for the teachers/school administrators or college aged parents, is it standard to waive the right to review teacher recommendations? I did some research and it looks like all that you are waiving is the right to look at them after enrollment. I don't know what my daughter did or even if this is new.

QOTD: My office overlooks Millennium Park, Grant Park, Soldier Field and the South Lakeshore. Which reminds me that I was supposed to post a picture for Photo Friday

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: Jerky

Dinner: Gala

Have a great day all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

NYMom222
on 8/22/19 6:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Enjoy the gala. We want to see a picture of you primped. Ha.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 8/22/19 7:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Have fun!

Sheila_H
on 8/22/19 8:12 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Jim, what's the question about teacher review? I'm not sure I understood it. I'm a helicopter mom so always checking on everything. But what is this waving of rights? Sorry, I know I'm no help but just asking more questions ...in other words trying to understand to prevent my DD to do it!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 8/22/19 8:39 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Sheila - I hope that your injury is OK, that sounds scary.

On one of my son's College applications they asked if he would waive his right to review access letters or statements of recommendations written on his behalf.

We were surprised about this and did a little research and its in regard to a law called FERPA which provides the students the rights to review these documents. My understanding is that teachers usually request a waiver because they think it is inappropriate to request a recommendation and then reserve the right to review it. I also have read that college admissions staff tend to discount the recommendations if they were reviewed by the student.

But I also read that these review rights don't actually take place until after the student was accepted and enrolled. I can't imagine my son caring enough to review the recommendation after enrolling in school. Which seems inconsistent timing-wise with the concerns of the admissions departments.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views