What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Patty R.
on 8/23/19 8:13 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Hoping for the best outcome with your testing!

stacyrg
on 8/23/19 8:47 am, edited 8/23/19 1:58 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Happy Friday!!! Soooo glad it's the weekend. Last night I went to Bingo under the Stars along with about 600 of my best friends. Really, they got a crowd of 600 people. For $20 you got dinner, and 10 Bingo games. So much fun. I was one number away from Bingo during 4 of the games, but alas, didn't win. Too bad because the prizes were incredible. It's definitely on the to do list for next summer. I'm having dinner with friends tonight. We went to college together but didn't become friends until significantly later. Not surprising, even though we all went to UCLA, we all had different majors and spent our time at different parts of the campus. Mexican food is on the menu, so I'll probably gut carnitas or fish tacos. Tomorrow night is Elton John night at the arboretum which should be fun.

QOTD: really someone to clean my house. I don't know how things get so so messy when I'm never there, but they do and I don't have time to get it all done.

My plan

B: Costco egg bite

L: chicken thigh meat and kale salad (the Kale salad is leftover from last night. When my friend and I went to the booth to pick up my dinner, my friend asked if we could switch choices. The server said yes, but my friend had stopped and picked up a cuban sandwich that I was going to gut, so I just stuck with my salad. When she handed me my bag, she said "I put two in there for you." Don't say that to a fat girl. All night all I could think of was "why did you give me two salads" "do I look like I need two salads?" Maybe it was because these salads were super tiny and she thought it would never satisfy a normal size person, but who knows. the mental games we play with ourselves.

D: Guacamole and then the inside of tacos. I'm hoping that since there are three of us going we can get a variety of tacos and split.

E: none tonight

edited to add my friday photo. The view from my office

Queen JB
on 8/23/19 1:51 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, that's a great view!

I am sure she gave you extra because she was being kind and generous--in fact I think an average person would be inclined to serve a fat girl less, right?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 8/23/19 2:10 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I think the average person would give a fat girl more because there is an expectation that we need/want more food. But it's just me and my warped sense of food and how people treat me.

Dcgirl
on 8/23/19 3:33 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well here's the thing. I have met you in person. And you're not a fat girl

AND, even if you were, getting someone two very small salads is not a commentary other than, hey that looked small so I got you two.

Our brains are our own worst enemies

Julia S.
on 8/23/19 9:05 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- All of the above, I have someone that cleans for me every 3 weeks, but I would love to have someone do my yard. I don't mind mowing but it's become a jungle and I need a machete and lots of room in my yard debris bin to deal with it. I'm thinking of paying a yard service to do it. I feel like it is really beyond what I'm able to do.

I did 3.4 miles last night so my total is 48.4 for the month. I should make the 50 today. I want to get back to swimming again. I had a suture from my breast surgery that was bleeding and I finally found it and pulled it out, but I was afraid of swimming with an open wound. It's closed up now so I should be good to go.

Working from home today so more relaxed. No plans for the weekend other than to get to the gym.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Queen JB
on 8/23/19 1:52 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Great job with the walking!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

artchikk
on 8/23/19 9:05 am
RNY on 02/12/18

happy friday friends!

I think I forgot to post yesterday...this week has been weird, taking a day off weds in the middle just jumbled me all up...but it was good!

Story loved her first day of pre-school, she told me all about it- they read 2 books, played on the playground, had snacks and learned songs. the teacher sent me a picture too. it was very cute.

This weekend we have no real plans. Hoping for some nice weather and maybe we can hit up one of the local end of summer festivals going on or maybe just get some yard work done before it gets cold again.

I went for a nice walk after work yesterday with Story. she really wanted to run so we jogged for a while but I was wearing the wrong shoes lol...so I promised we would do it again today and I would wear better shoes. I am actually looking forward to it.

QOTD: I would absolutely get someone to clean my house. no contest.

Accountability: I am fighting my night-time snack urges and was back down to 150 this morning...plan is to keep it up and get in more activity!

Morning: coffee w/2 tbsp caramel PP and 2 tbsp coffeemate (x2)
B: 1/2C overnight oats w/almond milk and vanilla L&F greek, cinnamon, craisins and 1tbsp pbfit.
L: apple chicken sausage, kale and bean soup, peach
D: turkey tacos
ES: L&F greek yogurt

pics: Story's first day of pre-school

my Outfit of the day today which I am kind of obsessed with...these mock thigh high tights are everything!

Amber
RNY 2/12/18
5'4 1/2" tall, HW : 315 lbs, Surgery Wt: 297lbs.
M1: -17.5lbs M2: -11.5lbs M3: -12lbs M4: -13lbs M5: -13lbs M6: -13.5lbs M7: -12lbs M8: -14lbs M9: -10.5lbs M10: -7.75lbs M11: -5.25lbs M12: -4lbs M13: -3lbs M14: -7lbs M15: -2lbs M16: -1lb **made it to goal!**

CW 148

Partlypollyanna
on 8/23/19 9:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love her "when i grow up"...also noted that she's wearing her favorite colors for her first day -- total power move!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Patty R.
on 8/23/19 9:43 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Awe, she is too cute!! Cement the memories in your mind and hold on; the ride is over before you know it and she'll be in college...

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 415 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404