What's on your Sunday Menu RNYers?

Queen JB
on 8/25/19 3:51 am, edited 8/25/19 4:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying similar weather to what we are having here! The oppressive humidity and temps in the 90s cleared, and suddenly we have beautiful weather in the 70s. Grim and I went for a walk yesterday and it was lovely. It was so cool and lovely outside, that I found myself craving a pumpkin spice latte :)

Yesterday was a super weird day. I have no idea where the morning went--I was up before 6am, but didn't do anything productive until 1pm, when we went for our walk, then grocery shopping. Then we were rushed to get home and ready for dinner with friends... and they ended up canceling at the last minute! Needless to say, I didn't get to the gym, and it was no one's fault but my own.

Accountability: I switched up some food, and no running, but took a nice long walk.

QOTD: Do you like surprises? Not me... I like my life planned and prepared. Surprises scare me. A surprise party is my worst fear.

Exercise: I swear to god, I am going to the gym first thing, this morning...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 8/25/19 4:29 am - Brighton, IL

Ultra fast post as we paused in our walk by the internet. Yes the one place where we can get it. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 122.2 today. Heres the food plan for the day B 2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli chicken and cheese D 4 oz grilled citrus shrimp S if needed sm apple with 1 T peanut butter. Pics of our view here at Pine Creek camp. Many more to come later. Sorry they may be sideways?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/19 7:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You are so diligent in your exercise and posting Karen! It's inspiring.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Greateight
on 8/25/19 5:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

This week I have five doctors appointments. Thursday will be my Surgiversary, so I have my one year Baritrician, Psychologist, Surgeon, and Nutritionist this week. Plus, I have a take home sleep study to, hopefully, get off of the CPAP (knock on wood).

Today is kind of a pokey day, I think. I need to call my daughter, do a few minor errands, etc.

QOTD: Generally, I like surprises.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Hamburger

Snack: Light and Fit (we have so much!)

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/19 7:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yay for the one year mark - your Dr is going to be so please with you Jim!

Jen

Greateight
on 8/25/19 10:48 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Thanks, Jen.

I've said this before, but you and Cassie had surgery almost to the day that I started reading OH, so I feel like I've been rooting for you two since the beginning.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 8/25/19 6:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

yesterday we went to the downtown farmer's market (the huge one which I usually avoid) since MIL wanted this granola that one of the vendors there sells. She found it - and I bought a bunch of salad-related vegetables. We also took her to a couple of Italian grocery stores which she was elated about since they were everywhere in the NYC area, and she was afraid we wouldn't have any here. We also went to a pet supply store where one of the animal rescue places brings their cats on Saturdays. We got there too late to see all of them, but there were a couple of them still there waiting for their foster parents to pick them up. She fell in love them with, although she's not sure she's quite ready for a cat yet - maybe this fall. I really liked those cats too, though. If I didn't already have five, I'd have taken them home with me!

accountability was good yesterday - both calorie-wise and exercise-wise (an hour of Zumba plus a TON of walking around). I'm going to really try to stay on plan for the next few days as I"m going to North Carolina on Thurs for a few days, and it's usually a crap shoot when I'm away from home.

QOTD: I'm finding the older I get, the more planned I am. SO...not really. Sometimes surprises are fun, but they throw me off regardless. So...no.

4 years 2 months out:

B: I'm thinking cottage cheese with homemade fruit compote this morning. And coffee with half & half.

MS: probably nothing since we're going out to lunch with MIL and a neighbor

L: I have no idea where we're going, but I'm definitely having something safe

AS: light yogurt or a frozen protein shake

D: salad with diced turkey breast, maybe corn on the cob if I can afford the calories

ex: it's another beautiful day, and there aren't any classes of interest at the gym - so walking. And maybe yoga this evening.

have a great day, all!

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/19 7:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I wish I could get a cat. I travel too much so not in the cards just now but I miss having an orange tabby. Have you seen the rag doll cats? There are too many cars that need to be rescued so I wouldn't go that route but they look delightful! I've also thought if I were to get one of those Maine Coon cats it's like having a cat and small dog, lol.

Jen

catwoman7
on 8/25/19 7:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Ragdolls are beautiful - my late stepmother had two of them.

I feel the same as you do re: pedigreed cats (loving them but knowing there are a lot of cats who need to be rescued), but I do have some. I have two friends who are Turkish Van breeders, so I've gotten cats from them who were retired show and/or breeding cats - and one who has a neurological disorder (so they wouldn't have been able to sell him). I figured they needed homes, so... Anyway, that was my way around it. I didn't feel quite as guilty since I wasn't really perpetuating selective breeding. We've also owned a lot of rescue cats, too - and in fact were a foster home once for our local humane society. So when someone publicly chastised me on Facebook once about owning a pedigree cat (it was one of my ones who was a former stud whom the breeder had retired and had to re-home - so I took him), I threw that back at him. I've owned and fostered WAY more rescue cats than he's ever had in his life..

Partlypollyanna
on 8/25/19 7:41 am, edited 8/25/19 12:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh that is lovely!! I would absolutely take a cat like that, they do need happy homes! My last cat was a sick cat. My friend has had a rescue Siamese for years that was essentially her baby; her boyfriend at the time adopted this stay cat that just kept coming to his house (Oliver). Oliver had FIV and was not doing well and when they got married, they asked me to take him for the little time he had left because they didn?t wAnt to put him through the stress of the blended car family and also didn?t want sassy to get FIV. That couple of months turned into 6 years which was awesome. He was a good cat (and sassy the cat lived for another 12 years to be 20!) so everyone was happy!

edited because cat and car are not the same (but hey, if someone wants to give me a car, I'd take that too)

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?