What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 9/3/19 1:55 am, edited 9/3/19 2:00 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone! Back at it with a Tuesday-that-feels-like-Monday. How come four days weeks always feel longer than regular weeks? Actually today should be a fairly easy day for me--I am busy without a break from 7am - 2pm but leaving then and heading straight to the gym.

I am excited that some of you have joined me for the September 50 Mile Challenge! Sign up on the spreadsheet if you want to join us. Walk, run, bike, swim... whatever gets you moving! On my original post, Jim added some helpful exercise conversions to help.

Accountability: Great with exercise--I ran 2.2 in the morning, then went for an exercise walk/jog with a friend around a pond for another 2.3 later in the day. But oooooooohhhhhh did I f%#* up last night... First, we went to dinner and I got fish tacos. They came with the most delicious fries I have ever eaten. I don't usually have a problem eating just 5 or so fries, but this time I ate about 10, and they were huuuuuge... THEN, we cut the cake for Sarah's birthday party, and I only had less than half of a small piece, but basically after 5 minutes I wanted to DIE--serious RH blood sugar crash. I was sweating, nauseous, and writhing in discomfort on our drive home. When will I ever learn?

QOTD: If you could eliminate one thing from your daily schedule, what would it be and why? My commute, of course! When I was job hunting, I really made an effort to try to find something more local, but Boston is really where the jobs are, so there wasn't anyway around it. It takes me between 3 - 4 hours of a day.

Exercise: I have a busy end of the week, so I am trying to knock out as many miles as I can while I can. I am not generally as good at doing longer distances in the evening, but I will do my best to get to 3 miles.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Tri_harder
on 9/3/19 2:40 am

I will eat 3 servings each of protein, dairy, veggies, fruit, starch and fat again today and fill in the circles on my log sheet. It works for me. I also need to go to the gym to resume my triathlon workout. It is easy on my joints because most of the exercise is not weight bearing. Tri harder

Queen JB
on 9/3/19 2:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow, is that really 6x3 servings of food each day? Can you give an example of what that looks like? I see that you are over 10 years out from surgery--do you maintain on that menu?

Tri_harder
on 9/4/19 11:12 pm

I lose when I follow the dot diet. The problem is with my surgery that food races through me and it is difficult to not eat more. I haven't felt like I swallowed food since the liquid diet before surgery 13 years ago. I take 2 types of insulin for type 1 diabetes and that adds to the hunger. I woke up an hour ago starving and had an extra breakfast at midnight for example.

B: toast, egg, meat slice and cheese

S: Greek yogurt and a peach

S: veggie salad: lettuce, tomato, sugar snap peas, baby carrots and cucumber slices with fat free Italian dressing 1 tbsp sunflower seeds

L: 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta and 6 chicken meatballs

S: 2 clementine oranges and fat free cottage cheese

S: my veggie soup: broth, diced tomatoes, celery, frozen veggies

D: 3 oz. hamburger patty, 8 multi grain crackers and blueberry goat cheese

S: plum and almonds

catwoman7
on 9/3/19 2:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well, my long weekend in NC is coming to an end - boo hoo. It's been a great time - mostly because I lucked out and two friends happened to be in the area while I was here. Otherwise, with my brother working until 5:00 every day, it could have gotten pretty boring around here after the first couple of days.

I'm leaving for Charlotte around noon, plane leaves at 5:00. Then I have to catch a bus from Milwaukee to Madison, so I won't be home until around 9:30. Ugh. This is the food today, in no particular order since I have a crazy schedule and some leftovers:

3 oz pulled pork

1/3 C baked beans

1/2 a shrimp po boy

about five zucchini "fries"

a thing of Siggi's vanilla yogurt

20 blueberries

I also have some jerky, cheese sticks, and a protein bar that I can use if needed - or just take them home since they're not perishable and can go in my suitcase and through airport security...

exercise: I'll get some walking in at the airport

QOTD: I hate massaging my plastic surgery scars. I'm supposed to do it twice a day. Although it's been five months so I can probably stop in another month or so (and might since I'll be headed in India about then...)

have a great day, all!

Queenie600
on 9/3/19 3:07 am

I just came back to OH...the first time in a few years. I am going to the OH conference in October. I'm going alone and am scared to meet other people or to meet no one at all...very insecure in large crowds. I hope it is a good experience and I hope to meet other people like me. OH was so vital to my well being when I first began my journey back in 2005. My starting weight was 232 lbs. I am 13 years out and weigh 110 lbs. I'm 4'11", so it's a great weight for me. I keep it together by walking 4.5 miles every day and eating small portions. Sometimes I don't eat the right foods, but generally am on the straight and narrow...lots of fruits and almonds. I have had many WOW moments in the past 13 years...seeing my feet again, being able to tie my shoe laces, feeling good in clothes that I can buy anywhere! Walking into a big room full of people and not feeling like everyone is looking at me. Being able to wear sleeveless tops! Being able to wear a bathing suit and look good in it! Feeling pretty! Not sweating!

There has been a huge change in my life since I lost over 120 lbs. Back in 2005, getting gastric bypass was very scary to me and I felt it was my last hope, a gift from God to start over again. So I took it really seriously and did everything the doctors told me to do. Unfortunately, we had a support group, but our facilitator retired and the program folded. I could go to another place for a meeting, but just haven't done it yet.

Starting weight: 232 lbs

Present weight: 110 lbs

Height: 4'11"

Emiepie
on 9/3/19 3:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 9/3/19 6:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome back to OH. Feel free to join us here on the daily menu thread. It is a nice way to get new food ideas, stay accountable, provide support & inspiration to others, and make a smaller community within a larger group. I hope you have a nice time at the conference. I'd be curious to go if it ever comes back to the east coast!

bethmal
on 9/3/19 3:50 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Good Morning Menuers,

Today is the first day of school for students in Maryland. I am as ready as I am going to be. I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back asleep so I am a wee bit tired this morning. DH and the dog are still in bed. DH smoked a brisket yesterday (my favorite) and we had friends over for dinner.

QOTD: Exercise. I just loathe it. I keep telling myself I am lucky I get to exercise because there are people who would love to exercise and just physically can't. I hope that I can get into a better routine this fall. The 50-mile challenge is sure to help.

B: boiled egg and homemade applesauce

S: 1.5 ounces of asiago cheese

L: brisket with 1/4 cup of sweet potato and 2 tablespoons of coleslaw

D: salad with brisket and blue cheese crumbles

Lots of water and crystal light and vitamins

Have a great Tuesday!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Greateight
on 9/3/19 4:06 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good luck!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 545 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 529 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 418 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 131 views
Recent Topics