What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 9/6/19 5:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

SS, I have to ask, who gives you grief about the "cookie" and HOW do you react? I've been very lucky to no encounter any snide comments food policing from people -- but I'm afraid of what will come out of my mouth if I do! The only people I expect/would accept feedback from are the people here or someone I asked...unsolicited "constructive" commentary would probably result in either the death stare (and I have been told I have a good one) or some horribly rude comment from me, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 9/5/19 7:49 am, edited 9/5/19 12:50 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

At the moment sitting in the waiting room of the lab to get some blood drawn for my bariatrician bi-annual meeting and for PCP. My PCP is a little worried about cholesterol due to my diet, never had any problems before but we shall see. Very interesting looking at the ppl who are waiting. Average age is about 75, one lady is on the phone really loud. I wonder who she is talking to at 7:30 in the morning. Seems like a long winded convo. Buncha grumpy people fasting!

QOTD: roasted Brussels sprouts. My absolute favorite.

Accountability: had unplanned cheese whisps. In the afternoon had some work stress and I wanted something to munch on (my head hasn?t been cured, even after two years). At least I didn?t clean out the pantry and didn?t eat chocolate, chose the snack with most protein and low count of carbs.

My meals for the day:

-Coffee, coffee, and more coffee
-Tuna + hb eggs
-Making nachos but I?ll have just the goop without the refried beans or chips
-Greek yogurt or parm cheese

Have a great jr Friday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

NYMom222
on 9/5/19 8:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

QOTD: I like most veggies... goes by the season. Brussels Sprouts are yummy roasted as is Butternut squash. Pretty much any veggie roasted with a little olive oil, salt and rosemary- yum. Throw some whole garlic cloves in there too. I eat a lot of spinach because I call it the ultimate slider vegetable- easy to get down. Plus it is quick to cook. I do not really eat frozen vegetables. I eat fresh.

I honestly do not know what I am eating today. I lollyed in bed so was really hungry- so took my usual spinach frittata and threw some cottage cheese on it. weird I know but whatever. Protein!

• spinach frittata, cottage cheese
  • turkey on thin sliced wheat, veg
  • Salmon and TBD veg and carb
  • S: Pumpkin muffins, protein, cantelope

EX: Taking an unplanned rest day. Did some heavy lifting the other day and my body needs extra rest.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Au_Contraire
on 9/5/19 12:17 pm, edited 9/5/19 5:45 am

Hello my RnY friends! Happy Thursday!

I was feeling upset, stressed and anxious all day yesterday,the sort of upset and nervousness that is deep, distressing, reality-based, and not easily dismissed. That type of deep anxious feeling used to drive me to food (especially tons of sugar) in the past, and it did yesterday too. I didn't eat anything off plan (no sugar for sure), but I did eat more meats, cheeses, and SF popsicles than I had any legitimate business consuming. I knew I was doing it but didn't know how to calm myself down. The stupid thing about that is that the overeating didn't in fact calm me down at all, though it resulted in me clocking in at 127.8 this morning - 2.6 pounds up! So I am weighing my food again and logging it into MFP, two activities I had become lax about. This anxiety is likely not going to lift quickly as the things causing it are real and difficult, but at least I will not sabotage myself as life puts me through it's paces.

I saw a woman the other day who I haven't seen since I weighed perhaps 160. She actually didn't recognize me (different hairstyle, blonder, significantly more slender). She kept asking me why I had dropped so much weight. She repeated "Why?" at least five times, as I answered as politely as I could. She is much shorter than I am, extremely zaftig and bosom-y, very into revealing clothes which are designed to be Sexy with a Capital "S", in a viva Las Vegas! kind of way. But despite our personal style differences, I like her - she is very artistic, a genuine free spirit, and I do appreciate her gypsy vibe. In the end I just settled on my improved health as being the reason I had lost weight, because any of the crucial other personal reasons seemed to be taken as baffling at best, and I didn't want her to feel that I was insulting her style or choices. I found her lack of understanding (or refusal to understand) to be interesting, though. It doesn't matter of course - I love how I feel and where I'm at for all kinds of good reasons. It was just an interesting interaction.

Anyway it's back to weighing my food and keeping a full record of more than just my daily weight! I am confidant that I will drop the extra pounds in short order.

QOTD: I like all vegetables, though usually I prefer them cooked, especially roasted, to raw. Faves include broccoli, beets, cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, and man oh man, does this former Jersey girl ever miss those gorgeous Jersey tomatoes, fresh off the vine and bursting with flavor! They are the very best of summer gardens anywhere on earth! Give me one of those, some fresh basil, some salt, pepper, and a little vinegar and oil, and I am in gastronomic heaven! Add some fresh mozzarella and you might actually see me levitate! The only vegetable I don't care for is okra, with its gelatinous, thick, glue-y insides. But even okra is fine if it's puree'd into gumbo. I've heard it's great deep fried too, but have never had it that way, and probably never will.

First: 60 oz Dublin Donuts Cinnamon Coffee Roll coffee (absolutely delish!) with cashew milk and a little SF syrup

B: Maple ham, Sartori Bellavitano Black Pepper cheese I like this even more than their Espresso version!

L: Everroast chicken, a dill pickle

D: probably some tuna, but I will see, and possibly another ounce of cheese. Brussels sprouts.

Have fun today, my friends!

Emiepie
on 9/5/19 1:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Keep your head held high!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 9/5/19 1:53 pm

Thanks Kelly!

Sheila_H
on 9/5/19 2:22 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

So sorry about the stress, Cara! As you can see from my post I did the same thing. Tried to minimize the damage by eating cheesy things instead of chocolate. I guess all obese people have always chosen food as their drug of choice, so even when we lose the weight in hard times we revert back to our "drug". You are already back on track so no fear of regain.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 9/5/19 3:15 pm

We both have what it takes to be good to ourselves, and to find other ways of coping with difficult times. life is very beautiful, but definitely not easy! Love you! Can't wait to see you in October.

Greateight
on 9/5/19 5:41 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Thinking of you, Cara.

Google 8/27/72 Veneta. China/Rider will give you 15 minutes and 5 seconds of smiles.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

cc583
on 9/5/19 4:05 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Work has been crazy and this past weekend I hosted a BBQ for 12 friends and family.

QOTD: Brussels sprouts and broccoli rabe.

B: 2 eggs, turkey breakfast sausage, 1/2 slice of cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 3oz turkey breast

D: 4 1/2oz grilled london broil, 1/2C broccoli rabe

S: ostrim meat stick

MFP was down when I tried log on.

Enjoy the rest of your evening everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 408 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?