What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 9/12/19 1:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

We made it over the hump! Happy Friday-Eve!

Today I have my first visit to one of the schools I haven't been to, yet. Of course my meeting is at 9am and it is over by the airport, which literally couldn't be less convenient. I have no idea how long it will take me--I have gotten to the airport in 25 minutes or 4 hours! I will give myself 2.5 and hope for the best, I guess?

Accountability: I have no idea what happened to me yesterday, but it was a giant pouch day. G.I.A.N.T! I actually bought a Kind bar at the store across from work and ate it, then later in the afternoon someone had crackers and guacamole at a meeting, and I had some of that too. Then I had a chocolate covered rice cake after dinner. Meanwhile, every other day this week, I brought home 1/2 an uneaten lunch box because I forgot to eat. Such a weird little pouch.

QOTD: Which of the Seven Dwarfs best fits your personality? (Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey, or Doc). I am going with Doc for myself. I am not a "doc" obvi, but I tend to be the decision maker in most groups.

Exercise: Elliptical this morning before work.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 3:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep - so here I am, online and drinking coffee..

I went to a L-O-N-G meeting last night with the group that's going to India. I have so much to do before we leave - yikes! Although I'm really getting excited. I just ordered a couple of boxes of those individual packages of Syntrax protein powder because I know on at least a chunk of the trip, we'll be eating vegan. I'm planning to pack a bunch of protein bars, too. Tea and fruit in the morning (i.e., during the week we're at the yoga retreat place) isn't going to cut it for me. The leader told us coffee wouldn't be a problem - THANK GOD (someone else asked - another coffee addict, I presume...).

accountability was OK yesterday - but I have some minefields to navigate the next couple of days - a luncheon today, a breakfast meeting tomorrow, another lunch meeting tomorrow (my film discussion group), and my civics organization's brunch/speaker meeting on Saturday. Wish me luck..

QOTD: Doc. I'm a decision-maker, too - and I'm a perpetual student to boot.

4 years 3 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/3 C plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 small (diced) mango, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: if needed, a protein shake

L: I think I ordered the chicken dish. I'll skip any starchy carbs.

AS: if needed, baby carrots with ranch Greek yogurt

D: a Beyond Meat bratwurst (??) and vegetables

ex: something. I may run over to the gym early this morning. I need to do SOMETHING.

have a great day, all!

Emiepie
on 9/12/19 3:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, sounds like you have a busy day- I hope you enjoy retirement :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 9/12/19 4:42 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Unless they have a McDonald's somewhere, I think it would be impossible for me to find a single thing to eat in India.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I was going to say that they have McDonald's pretty much everywhere (except in Cuba - well, maybe not in North Korea, either), but then again, I'm not sure about India. Since most of the population doesn't eat beef (and many are vegetarian to boot), I'm not sure how successful it would be there. Now I'm curious..

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

well, evidently they have some franchises there - but even McDonald's is telling people not to eat there. Sounds like you might be SOL in India...

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-tells-customers-no t-to-eat-at-its-india-restaurants-2017-12

Patty R.
on 9/12/19 6:51 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Maybe Dunkin they're EVERYWHERE...

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 7:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they have it, but it's not doing well. Baskin-Robbins is a hit there, though....(how much protein is in ice cream?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXXdcgchAVw

Partlypollyanna
on 9/12/19 7:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Goat's kind of like beef...kind of...

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/12/19 8:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm pretty adventurous with most food, but not when it comes to meat. I pretty much stick to the popular ones (at least popular in the US, that is..). I've never tried goat - I'm not sure I'd want to. Eek! The leader of this group (who grew up on India) said you can find chicken in a lot of places - so that could work. But I'll take a lot of protein with me just in case. That vegan week is going to be the most challenging - the rest of the time I can probably find eggs and dairy products, I would imagine....

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics