Felt Like A Bu**** Me

Utodc
on 9/15/19 1:24 am
RNY on 03/23/17

This must be food related and I'm guessing I know which type of foods are likely culprits but wondering if anyone has these symptoms.

Here's what I ate all day.

Breakfast

• eggs
  • mixedveggies

Lunch

• Tuna on rye
  • Potato chips

Dinner

• Lentil soup
  • Meatballs
  • Broccoli
  • Tomato sauce
  • Brownie / icing
  • Ice cream cake
  • (Daughters birthday)

Right after dinner I felt like a bu**** me. Like a zombie and was crying and immediately went to bed. Slept from 730pm until 330pm.

Upon waking feel better but still done residual feeling.

In the past when having these feelings have checked blood sugar and it's normal.

It's debilitating.

Feedback appreciated.

D

Partlypollyanna
on 9/15/19 5:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

A number of people have said ice cream hits them hard so that is a logical culprit.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/15/19 5:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I wouldn't be able to handle all that sugar. Tomato sauce doesn't always sit well with me (the acid), but it wouldn't cause that particular reaction. I'm betting on the sugar overload.

Candrews1
on 9/16/19 7:20 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Im the same way..I cant do "red sauce" anymore. The acid kills me.

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

White Dove
on 9/15/19 6:06 am - Warren, OH

Even though your blood sugar was normal in the past, I think it might have dropped low after all that sugar and carbs yesterday. When we eat sugar, our pancreas sends insulin to control the blood sugar. A big surge of insulin can lower your blood sugar quickly and cause anyone to feel awful.

Or it could have just been dumping, where the food leaves the stomach and hits the small bowel too quickly.

Sometimes I get extremely sleepy after eating any kind of sugary dessert. I am glad you were at home and able to just go and lie down. It is worse when you are in a restaurant or someone else's home, or if you have to drive.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Utodc
on 9/15/19 7:42 am
RNY on 03/23/17

I'm wondering if there is a Gluten component.

The fatigue is debilitating.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/15/19 8:42 am

A lot time after eating I end up in a "food coma". I can get so tired, that no mater how hard I try, I can't help it, and nay fall asleep almost anywhere, including at my desk at work. Seriously. Sometimes this can be triggered by too many carbs - specially as many different ones I see in your food throughout the day.

If I even try to eat what you had - I could be in extreme amount of pain, due to gas some of the food could affect me.

The last meal : even 1/2 of it would make me crying. Lentil soup, broccoli, - just that is a really no-no for me.

But brownie? with icing? And then ice cream? The carb coma would be guaranteed, together with gas, pain ... followed by low BS in a middle of the night. Problem with low blood sugar, RH, during a night, is that our body may correct that but that still cause some serious BN issues down the road...

Sometimes when I get RH or just middle of the night hypoglycemia - I may end up with a morning headache or even migraine, if my blood sugar dropped very low. (I.e - to my low 40's or 30's).

Every time we cause high blood sugar that may be followed by low blood sugar, that can create a serious stress to our system, pancreas, hypothalamus, pittuatary and adrenals..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Utodc
on 9/15/19 9:01 am
RNY on 03/23/17

Having such hard time believing my system could be so sensitive.

Very frustrating process of figuring this all out.

Grrr

MadisonRose
on 9/15/19 9:49 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Last time I had ice cream I felt really bad. Sick to my stomach, broke out into a cold sweat, severe cramping....literally wanted to die. I don't care to eat ice cream again. Lol

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views