What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 10/4/19 2:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

HAPPY FRIDAY! Ha, that meme was me this week. I way over ate last weekend then had a very light week. Hoping I can keep my s**t together this weekend and keep it light!

I don't have much planned for the weekend, thankfully! I want to lay low, go see Downton in the theater, and go apple picking. This is a Flashback (PHOTO) Friday from apple picking with Grim last year. Would you believe he didn't buy me a goat??

Accountability: I walked 7 miles to and from the train, with a heavy laptop bag. My neck and shoulder are a little sore, but it was worth it. I stayed low on calories again, too, but switched out dinner. I was tired, and skipped chaffle making in lieu of microwaving some low carb chicken nuggets. #solazy!

QOTD: Do you go to any in-person post-op support groups? I haven't been in years... Ever since I moved in with Grim, my surgeon's office is no longer nearby and the evening groups are not convenient enough to make the trip. But I am jealous of the OH'ers who are meeting up for the conference!! I think that the in-person connection is really important and special. I hope you guys have a great time!

Exercise: I think I'll do the 7 mile walk again today!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 10/4/19 3:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Friday-yay!! Great pics. I was looking for an apple picking place local and haven't found one yet. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend yet, Em said she's got a ton of homework so we'll have to see.

Accountability: Good

QOTD: We have a program that has several and I used to go to one each month but it's been hit and miss for awhile now. I used to go 4th Tuesday of the month like clockwork and then I just missed a few when we were getting ready to move and then it just came out of my routine.

TSS: 5 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Real good food poppers and carbmaster yogurt

D: Birch benders pancakes, eggbeaters, cauliflower hash browns, turkey sausage, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with butter and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1463 Protein: 135 Carbs: 96 Fat: 67

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

bethmal
on 10/4/19 3:44 am, edited 10/3/19 8:45 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Woohoo, Finally Friday!

My back is about 90% better and I plan on going to the chiropractor one more time this afternoon. My visit to the orthopedic was different from what I thought. He flat out asked me if I wanted to have shoulder surgery. I was kind of shocked. No, I don't want to have shoulder surgery but I would sure like to have some relief. How about an MRI first to see if there is a tear in the rotator cuff, sir? Not sure I liked his demeanor yesterday. I normally don't mind his assertiveness but yesterday I felt he was more ASSertive than helpful. My MRI is scheduled for the 10th.

Accountability: Okay, I didn't really eat until I got home late afternoon because of all the driving around.

B: coffee first and then a shake

L: last of the grilled chicken thigh

D: not sure, DH has a man cold so that is changing up the Friday night plan

100+ ounces of water, all vitamins and a walk with Max

Two pictures from the last few weeks. The first a pic of me with my very best BFF from Pittsburgh. She came to town a few weeks ago for a visit.

This is a picture of a winery we went to last weekend when we were camping. It looks like there is a deer coming out of the top of my head!

Have a great weekend!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 10/4/19 3:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you get some answers when you have your MRI. Great pics!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 10/4/19 6:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Love the pic with bff, such genuine smiles.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 10/4/19 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

What great Photos have a wonderful weekend.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/4/19 1:27 pm

Ode to my acupuncturist: (short story - she fixed my arm and a few other things during last 20 years of my life)

Here is the novel:

A good few years ago (21) I tore my rotator cuff. Right arm. Steroid injections mess me up but they did nothing good for my arm. I spent money on PT, and I would get a little better, only to get worse. I had days I could not use my computer mouse, and for someone who's work is dependent on computer work... it was not great.

I was in pain for a year. My orthopedic doc told me to let him know when I want to have the surgery, and that after that I would have a limited movement of the arm for a while. That the recovery and PT is long.

My friend suggested a acupuncture. She more than less told me that she would kick my ass if I don't give it a try. So grudgingly I called and made an appointment with a person she recommended. During my first appointment the lady (a pretty, young thing) was very professional even though I was supper grumpy to her. I had acupuncture done before that for something else and it was a total waste of time, and money. But this lady was different. Her treatment have an immediate results, not only for my arm, but for my attitude. So.. I had her treated my shoulder. First once a week, then every other week, then less often. Within 6 months most of the pain was gone. After that I was seeing her every 4 weeks or so. Within a year we were sure I wont need rotator cuff surgery. That was 20 years ago.

She helped me with my health, and with my attitude. i.e. I did no end up in jail, because I could control myself during my divorce process. My ex and I were kind of friends for a while after the divorce (and then he got married and the wife made him to block me).

I still see my acupuncturist often. At least once a month, but sometimes more than that. We were traveling and I had to deal with my heavy suitcases. And.. I think I strained the same place in my right arm. So she is treating that now.

Acupuncture in a good place is not going to be cheap. And if they are not very busy - that may indicate - they are not as good as they need to be.

I also had acupuncture done by a different person. A few of them, specially when Kathryn was out on maternity leave. And it is not the same. If Kathryn is not available, I get a message instead.

Finding a great acupuncturist who can match your energy and really help you would be the key. Having money to be able to afford that...may be another.

But - because of her, I did not need surgery so I did not have time of work. I did not have to spend more money on PT, and the copay for surgery. So when I would add all this up, I think her treatment just for the arm was less than the before and after surgery expenses. And I definitely saved on layers fee during my divorce. In fact, we just ha one lawyer. And we ended up divorcing amicably.

And in the last 20 years, beside the first 6 months I was seen by her, my arm is 100% functional at least 95% of the time. And the suitcases I was tagging with me in Europe (on a train, into the ship, out of the ship, etc) was a 25lbs one, and app 20lbs the carry-on. (I can't pack light)

Over the years, almost any injury that did not required real surgical intervention, she was a significant factor in my healing process. (I am clumsy and when I exercise, I would tore one or another something..)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

bethmal
on 10/5/19 7:34 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Thank you for taking the time to write that response. You are the second person to give the advice to look into other areas before jumping into surgery. I will surely take your advice and look around to see what I can find in my area. Glad your shoulder is 100% functional 95% of the time. I would love that!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/5/19 10:26 am

BTW - getting an MRI may tell you if you have a small tear or very large one. I personally didn't have, but I suspected my tear was not very big. Just enough to cause pain and discomfort.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cc583
on 10/4/19 2:54 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pics!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?