Morning Nausea

Travelbuglp
on 10/4/19 11:11 pm - Fall River, MA

Hello everyone. I tried searching before I asked. I had surgery 9 days ago. RNY. I find myself nauseous in the mornings. Had anyone else experienced this?

momyshaver
on 10/5/19 3:42 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I get very severe nausea in the mornings. It seems to taper off as the day goes on to where it is not as bad. I have tried so many things for relief and it has been hit or miss. I don't know why my nausea has been so severe. My experience is not normal and you are pretty early post op so in your situation I would think it probably would get better. If it doesn't get better discuss it with your surgeon.

White Dove
on 10/5/19 3:42 am - Warren, OH

I would be very dehydrated in the morning and put a water bottle on the newsstand and woke up to sip often

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/5/19 11:13 am

I had that for a very long time post op. Even now, over 11 years post op, I need to baby my pouch in the mornings. I have to start with warm drinks. Cold, or ice drinks, no way. Eating before my pouch is ready, nope.

I make a large thermos of warm water and keep it by my bed. Contigo thermos bottles keep drinks warm for hours. I sip that if I wake up during the night, and drink more first thing in the morning. I need to "warm up" my pouch, or else.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 245 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?