Food Intake

Reese123
on 10/8/19 9:20 am

Hello group, 4 weeks post op....been eating/drinking fine....was ahead of schedule....eating chicken, egg by week two...my portions were decent eg; two eggs, beans for breakfast.....but last three days, my portions have become significantly smaller...I will eat two bites of something and become full....is this normal? Any thoughts?

Teenie
on 10/8/19 9:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yes two bites is normal. I'm a year and 9 months out and could never eat two eggs in one sitting. You may want to slow down your eating if your only able two have two bites try to make it last 20 to 30 minutes and don't eat past 30 minutes. However if you are concerned or uncomfortable it's never a bad idea to contact your surgeon. Good luck on your journey.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/8/19 9:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19
On October 8, 2019 at 4:20 PM Pacific Time, Reese123 wrote:

Hello group, 4 weeks post op....been eating/drinking fine....was ahead of schedule....eating chicken, egg by week two...my portions were decent eg; two eggs, beans for breakfast.....but last three days, my portions have become significantly smaller...I will eat two bites of something and become full....is this normal? Any thoughts?

By "ahead of schedule," do you mean you're moving to solid foods before your doctor tells you to? That's a BAD idea; pushing your diet progress can cause serious damage.

Early on, you will not feel any sensation of fullness as the nerves in your stomach have been cut and need to regrow. You MUST measure your portions, and two full eggs is far too much for a brand-new pouch; two or three bites is probably appropriate for someone this new post-op.

If you eat too much, or eat something more solid than you should be having, you run the risk of ripping your pouch open, and it can literally kill you.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 10/8/19 11:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

2 eggs and beans for breakfast at 4 weeks is not mormal. Its way more than you should be eating.

Chicken at 4 weeks? I don't know what your plan says, but you need to reign it in, now.

You most likely didn't feel full before because your nerves were cut during surgery. You were full, but didn't know it. You were likely piling food all the way up into your esophagus.

If your nerves are healing, that's likely why you are now feeling full.

Weigh and measure your food. Cut back, now. It gets much, much harder down the line.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Reese123
on 10/8/19 1:36 pm

Thank you very much guys....appreciate the feedback...thanks for the advice....will definitely change my eating pattern.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics