What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 10/12/19 2:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Weekenders! What's up? Today is my dad's 74th birthday and wants to go to a lunch at one of his favorite restaurants. It's a pretty cool place up in NH that is a big beautiful herb farm and has a little restaurant on the farm that is in an old 1700s house. They do a monthly menu based on the herbs in season.

The little cottage was chosen by the illustrator as the model for her illustrations in the 1948 Little Golden Books Version of Little Red Riding Hood! Its a cute place all around. Here is what they are serving today on the October Menu:

Dip ~ Danish Lemon Dill
Soup ~ Smoky Butternut with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Salad ~ Autumn Cobb with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Bread ~ French Baguette Rolls

Entrée ~ Pork Tenderloin Scallopini with Lemon Twist Salt
-- or --
Entrée ~ Root Vegetable Sweet Potato Souffle

Side ~ Daily Best
Dessert ~ Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie

I am going to say that aside from a cup of protein coffee this morning, this will be my menu for the entire day, and I certainly won't be able to eat everything!

QOTD: Have you done Karaoke? As I mentioned, my team went out last night for drinks and every but me (I was driving) got plastered. They were all shouting about doing Karaoke next time! I have done it a few times with close friends, and I belted out Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive. But I don't really enjoy the public humiliation and definitely don't want to do it with my coworkers!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

seattledeb
on 10/12/19 4:39 am

I would rather have the tacos.

I am a Karaoke virgin. We are renting one for my MIL's 80th birthday. No recording devices allowed.

I have been sick for a few days. I hate "pushing fluids".I haven't eaten much because I'm sloshy.

Your glasses look great. I need a new pair. Perhaps after the scary dental bills.

Did you order online?

Enjoy your party.

momyshaver
on 10/12/19 5:45 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Goodness, I love reading everyone's menu is always inspiring. I have a really difficult time doing that beyond my morning cup of protein coffee and taking the morning round of vitamins, (and of course my other scheduled vitamins through the day and water in my trusty yeti, ...feels like I have climbed a darn mountain just to get that done some days).

To the poster who suggested the Manga Health app; I love it! It is definitely pushing me to be better in my daily routines and habits.

QOTD - I used to preform in my younger days, (pre kids). I loved theater, singing and acting, etc. I haven't participated in any of that since becoming a mom though. I think I have lost my voice. I just don't have it in me. Maybe someday. It always looks like fun watching others belt out a tune, uninhibited. =)

Today one of my adult kids has a birthday. They are coming over today to use my tub to take a nice long soak with a bath bomb. I put together a nice gift bag with some face masks, a nice candle, and some other goodies. I might toss in some cash too. This one is about to make me a Mimi this Spring and is still finding their footing as an adult. Parenting adults has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Learning to love with boundaries and looking at what is best for the long-term outcome as society has rapidly changed has been ... interesting, to say the least.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I think we got our first good frost last night here.

MadisonRose
on 10/12/19 5:55 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! I crashed early last night and now I'm getting ready to go to the hair salon. I'm always nervous when trying a new place because I never know how my hair is going to end up looking. However, my usual place I went to changed ownership and it's gone downhill from there. So fingers crossed I like this new place. Other than that I have absolutely no plans this weekend and I like it that way! Lol. I may go to visit my mom this afternoon and then I'm parking myself in front of the tv to watch the football game.

QOTD: I have never done karaoke and no way I ever would. Unfortunately, I did not take after my dad and get his amazing singing voice. Even if I had I probably still wouldn't do it. Lol.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt w/granola and banana

D: either a few turkey meatballs or another premier.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 10/12/19 6:26 am - Brighton, IL

Your meal out sounds amazing,JB. Our youngest son came up to help hubby some this weekend and we'll be going out to eat somewhere but not sure where. He got an excellent orthopedic surgeon to accept his case and has an appointment to see him November 6th. Unfortunately he's on vacation after next wee****il the 5th. Surgery should be fairly fast after he sees him according to his nurse. Hopefully so since he's been hobbling around on this torn ACL since June23rd. Exciting plans today include cleaning and laundry,including the kids. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and we managed to get all 3 walks in around the rain. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later. And yes it was 30 degrees with heavy frost when we walked. Weight today is 121.2. Here's the food plan for the day B 3 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup L 4 oz roast beef and cheese D 4 oz some sort of chicken and 3 bites of a side. I think today may be a small pouch day as stomach is rumbling and I didn't finish all my breakfast. QOTD no never. I have a good singing voice but don't think I'd enjoy those who are drunk and don't. I'm just pretty boring and not much of a party person. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone!

Writergurl08
on 10/12/19 7:06 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning!

I'm getting my hair colored this morning. Pink! Everyone has been asking if it's to support Breast Cancer Awareness for October, and it's not--but now I feel like a jerk for saying so. I'm just excited to feel like me again--my hair was "blank" all summer for practical reasons.

This afternoon I'm going to the pumpkin patch with some coworker friends, one of whom just moved here from San Francisco and has never really experienced seasons, so we told him he needed to get his autumn "basic *****" on! Haha. We had flurries here yesterday, which was a shock to him.

Qotd: yes, when I was in high school and very involved in choir and drama, but I don't think I would now! I was much more confident in my vocal talents 20 years ago

menu: coffee with Premier right now. I'll probably fix a salad at home for lunch, and dinner is up in the air, since we'll be at the patch. It's a huge park, lots of food vendors, and if I remember correctly, there's a pork chop-on-a-stick place, so that may be dinner!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

momyshaver
on 10/12/19 7:16 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Your evening plans sound like fun. I am sure you should be able to find something that is both on plan for you as well as a treat. BTW, I would not feel like a jerk for your (honest) response about your reason for coloring your hair pink. I am not a huge "pink washing" fan because of the lack of actual funds that end up making it to benefit actual cancer patients among other reasons but that is just me. I wish I was brave enough to try a fun color. Enjoy it!

Writergurl08
on 10/12/19 1:04 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I agree with you about the "pink everything" and not enough of the harsh reality of breast cancer. It makes it seem like it's a "trendy" cancer and that disgusts me. And yes, most of those organizations put their money back into making more pink merch, and not actual research funding.

Hair pics!

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

momyshaver
on 10/14/19 4:31 am
VSG on 06/28/17

LOVE the hair!

Librarian67
on 10/12/19 9:47 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I want some GREAT fish tacos but haven't found a good place near our new digs yet...argh!!

Woke up this morning with some sniffles and now have what appears to be a full blown cold. Not surprised because I'm sure that my immune system is shot at the moment. Got the morning errands to Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's and CVS done and now back in my PJ's and snuggled in bed. I guess it's my body's way of forcing me to get some serious rest!! Boo hiss!!

In more good news after yesterday, our house sold yesterday so we have completed the down sizing. Sad but a great relief too! Now just the stacks of boxes to unpack...

Started my day with black coffee x2 w/ Miralax. Then ate some leftover collard greens with cheesy grits.

Wishing that I had a big pot of soup simmering on the stove but I think I'll order a quart of Chinese hot and sour soup instead. The spice should help to clear my sinuses and scare the cold out of my head!!

Other than that...hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

No plans to exercise today, just be a sniffy vegetable today!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views