What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

momyshaver
on 10/18/19 4:03 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Wonderful photos including your daughter. I am sure those are special moments. Learning to parent adults has been such a new experience but it has its perks, I think. You both look like you are enjoying yourselves. Man, that whipped cream incident... rough times, man. I had to laugh at the comment about whipped cream jenga. It is good you have a sense of humor. It helps in life.

bethmal
on 10/18/19 4:04 am
RNY on 12/26/17

Omg... I am a whip cream piglet too, but I have never cut myself over it! LOL

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Emiepie
on 10/18/19 6:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pics. And, your whipped cream story...I can relate on so many levels (the balancing on the little jell-o cup and then needing just that little bit more directly in my mouth)!

I hope you get your bobble-head and THANKS AGAIN!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/18/19 6:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Spoken like a true former fat guy!!! Proud of you. Hope it heals quickly.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 10/18/19 10:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Jello jenga is one of my favorite games! My cousin went to Baylor! I think she either graduated last year or is a senior.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

MadisonRose
on 10/18/19 3:54 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Happy Friday all! Running late today so super quick post.

QOTD: no, I'm not that organized when it come to Tupperware. Lol. I have a space for them, but somehow I'm always hunting for the correct lid.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: salad

D: not sure....maybe turkey meatballs or a protein bar

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Queen JB
on 10/19/19 1:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Are you eating enough??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 10/18/19 4:04 am, edited 10/17/19 9:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! (although it's afternoon here in India)

we've been in Rishikesh for the last four days - it's the birthplace of yoga, and the town is full of yoga schools, yoga teacher training institutes, and yoga studios. We're staying in a retreat house about a mile from town - on the banks of the Ganges. It's pretty wooded with lots of birds, monkeys, and of course, cows (cows are pretty much EVERYWHERE in India). It's a beautiful place - both the house and the area. The mountains and the river are beautiful - and it's so wonderful having our balcony doors open at night (with the screen doors closed, of course) listening to the roaring river while we fall asleep.

I'm still eating too much, but the food is really healthy and the volume isn't outrageous. I'm mostly just focusing on not overdoing it at this point - it's too hard to stick to my plan here. I end up supplementing with protein shakes and bars because the place only serves vegan food, so I've been above my usual calorie range most days. Hopefully I will have only gained a couple of pounds by the time I get home (fingers crossed). In any event, I'll be dieting big time once I'm back in the US.

We have four hours of yoga & meditation in the mornings, an hour of restorative yoga and/or yoga nidra in the evenings, and the afternoons off. I've done things every afternoon so far except for today - I needed some downtime. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go into town to hit the bazaar one more time. So many fun things to look at and buy. My former yogis remind me that we have one more town we're going to (next week), and they'll have shopping areas, too - which is probably true - but I'm afraid if I pass something up that I really like I'll never find it again. Plus, most things are cheap here. I can afford to shop...

today I've had:

B: plain yogurt with fresh fruit and 2 T muesli (this seems to be the standard Indian breakfast - or at least in northwestern India), coffee with milk, chai tea, a small piece of fennel bread with peanut butter (to hold me over until lunch)

L: 1 C pumpkin curry, 1/2 C dal (lentil soup), raita (thinned yogurt. In Indian restaurants in the US, they usually put grated cucumber in it - but here, anything goes. Today's had pomegranate seeds). I've been a good girl and have skipped rice and naan for the last several days...

S: protein shake, protein bar

D: ?? It's always a surprise, but it's usually some kind of curry and dal. Plus they often have some kind of dessert, e.g., a half cup of rice pudding

not much in the way of exercise today, other than yoga. Most days we do some walking, though - some days A LOT.

miss you guys!!! (internet here is sketchy, so I'm not able to get on - or stay on - some days...)

EDITED to add a picture. These cows show up at the retreat center every afternoon around 5:00 because the kitchen staff feeds them food that would otherwise go to waste. I love them!! (the cows, that is - but the staff is pretty great, too!)

momyshaver
on 10/18/19 4:19 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Your trip sounds so amazing. Thank you for posting and giving a bit of insight about your experiences. I wish more people traveled. I think it would elevate the collective human experience. I love the cows. How incredible to experience another culture in an immersion opportunity through yoga. It sounds like you are enjoying every delicious day and yk, that is great, IMO.

catwoman7
on 10/18/19 4:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I"ve done a fair amount of international traveling (but not in awhile), but this trip is at or near the top. I LOVE it here. I know that feeling is not universal - some people don't like India - and I get that - it's noisy, it's chaotic, it's dirty, it's crowded, and there are animals walking all over the place (esp cows - they are EVERYWHERE!) -- but that's what I like about it! It's a crazy place - and I love it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 341 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 115 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?