What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 10/28/19 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Monday, Team! I hope all of our CA friends are safe and sound... Yikes!

Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was nice. Nothing too exciting, but I was crafty and got lots of things done, including wood projects and some Halloween baking for work this week :) Yesterday, Grim woke me up with breakfast in bed (all bacon!), and I legit forgot to post all day, haha.

QOTD: What do you drive? Do you like it? I have a dark grey 2018 Kia Niro (hybrid). It's technically an SUV but it is really more like a small station wagon. I really love it--it drives beautifully, and it gets excellent mileage. Grim has an enormous black truck, and when we take that, I have to literally CLIMB into it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 10/28/19 2:57 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Morning All!

I'm B-A-A-A-C-K!! My trip to India was FANTASTIC! I absolutely loved it - best trip I've ever been on!

Not stepping on the scale until at least Wednesday - but never fear, I WILL go back to daily weighing. Not doing so has a huge factor in previous re-gains (pre-surgery). At the very most I will HAVE to weigh by next weekend, but I'm thinking this Wednesday will be the best time (I weigh every day but only record on Wednesdays). Hopefully I will only be up a couple of pounds. Any water weight should be gone by Wednesday, so whatever the scale reads should be my true gain.

So today I get back to my normal eating routine. Also, exercising (although we walked A TON most days while in India). I'm going to water aerobics at 8:30 this morning. It'll be so great getting back to my routine! I'm going to add some Indian foods to my regular diet, though. Like dal - I may make a big pot of it today!

QOTD: we have a 2013 burgundy Honda Civic and a 2015 silver Honda Civic. We're a Honda family - we've had at least three of them before these two. Love them!

3 years 4 months out:

B: Greek yogurt

MS: protein shake

L: salad (if we have some deli turkey (haven't looked in the fridge yet), I'll put some of that on it. Otherwise, some kind of protein, too...

AS: L&F yogurt. Or maybe raw veggies with ranch yogurt dip (I need to go to the store today - we're out of a lot of things - raw veggies are on my list!)

D: not sure. We have turkey meatballs in the freezer - so maybe some of those on zoodles.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 10/28/19 3:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome home!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 10/28/19 4:30 am - Brighton, IL

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Loved getting to see a different part of the world.

Christina135
on 10/28/19 6:13 am

Welcome back! I'm so glad you had a great trip! I must have missed the pictures, I'm going to search for them!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 10/28/19 9:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have them on Facebook - but I can put a few on here on Friday. I have a gazillion - will pick five or ten of the best ones!

Theduffman27
on 10/28/19 6:20 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Welcome back!!! I enjoyed following your trip on FB. I have to be honest, I have been resisting the opportunity of a trip to India for work purposes. Your posts made me re-think my stance. Looked wonderful

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 10/28/19 10:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think India is one of those countries that people react strongly to - whether positively or negatively. I know people in both camps. It's an intense place. It's noisy, dirty, REALLY crowded, smelly (although that includes good smells, too!), colorful, chaotic, polluted. Traffic is horrendous. Animals roam around all over the place. Lots of tra****'s definitely a crazy place! But...I loved it. If you've been to Bangkok, it's somewhat similar - although I don't remember animals roaming around in Bangkok other than homeless dogs and cats. India has cows (lots of them), boars, dogs, and monkeys - also horses, donkeys, and camels - although those three were doing things like pulling carts - not roaming freely like the others - but they're still part of normal traffic.

This is only based on the cities we visited (and India is a HUGE country, so I probably shouldn't generalize), but it's not a place where I'd feel comfortable walking around on my own - or even with my husband. There are pickpockets, people in your face trying to sell you things, lots of begging in the cities (didn't see this in Mussoorie - but it's a much smaller city and we were mostly in a more "upscale" area there). Also, not all vendors, taxi drivers, etc, are honest - although I've seen this in other places, too. I felt fine in a group, though. So a group tour might be the best way to see it. But again, there are undoubtedly areas that are fairly safe, too.

I found the culture really interesting, though - and the food was fantastic. And there are some BEAUTIFUL areas. And I really liked the intensity and the chaos - I thought the place was absolutely fascinating!

Theduffman27
on 10/28/19 11:08 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Your trip looked amazing and Thanks for the update. I do not usually stray very far when traveling alone. So will make a mental note. I am working with a vendor at this time, I might see a trip within the next few months.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Teenie
on 10/28/19 9:18 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Welcome back Glad you shared with us it looked fantastic.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 230 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics