Had RNY 12 years ago and have regained some weight - Need support

maraboricua72
on 10/28/19 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery in 2007. I lost over 100 lbs and felt great! I have, however, gained about 30 lbs in the past 3 years and feel horrible. I know that I can do better - I have been snacking a lot and even having dessert. I don't eat fast food or anything but do eat more sugar than I should.

Today I started the high protein / no sugar / low carb diet. I would love to get support from long term RNY patients who have succeeded years later. I need reminders.

Also, I have fibromyalgia and every time I try to exercise I get a horrible flare-up. I miss working out and walking and know this has something to do with my weight gain.

Recently, I was on a medication that had a side effect of significant weight gain. I gained 10 lbs in a month! I asked my doctor to take me off this drug.

Hope everyone is well! :)

Female, 5ft 1in. Highest weight: 215. RNY - 11.22.2007 at 211 lbs. Lowest weight: 111. Weight as of October 28, 2019: 149. Current weight: 145. Goal weight is 118 lbs.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/28/19 1:34 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

The daily menu thread is a great place to get support and be accountable for what you're eating!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 10/28/19 3:17 pm - Warren, OH

I have lost 15 pounds this year using Weigh****chers points system. It took three months. I have kidney disease and can no longer do high protein. Whatever you do, make sure you track, exercise, and weigh yourself daily.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/30/19 6:11 am

I have back problems, arthritis, and most likely fibromyalgia. We don't need to exercise to lose weight. Just movement, like easy yoga, brisk walking, stretching, can help us with circulation and better health.

Diet contributes to weight loss, exercise can help me staying healthier (hopefully).

Exercise can stimulate cortisone production and that can affect the appetite. I always gain weight when I exercised. Always. Some of that was muscles, but some was just pure fat.

My to go diet to lose regain Keto-Paleo. With more of gentle activities. Too much proteins can affect someone BS balance. Adding fat, my too much, but just enough, helped to make me feel full and limited appetite.

FYI: I used Paleo because of my food allergies and intolerances. I have IBS-C and done foods made me very uncomfortable, gassy and cramping. Even trying to take digestive enzymes with things like beans or high fiber food did not help very much.

For my IBS- I do best limiting high FODMAP foods.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 379 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 313 views