What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/2/19 3:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am wondering if there is a polite way to put this on my co-worker's desk. She is brand new (her first day was MONDAY!) and she is hardcore pushing Yankee Candles on us for her kid's school fundraiser. Seriously? I would barely expect my family to contribute to something like that, let alone co-workers who I have known for 2 days... I basically said, "don't ask me again" in the most polite way possible.

Accountability: All good until I came home and faced the big bag of leftover candy. It ends today--in the trash, dammit!

QOTD: Speaking of Yankee Candles.... are you a candle person? I hate them, but I know I am in a weird minority. I absolutely despise the smell of scented candles. They give me a headache. Grim thinks it is hilarious to walk me past a candle store in the mall, because I just go OFF about how much I hate them.

All Keto All Day.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

MadisonRose
on 11/2/19 4:55 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Quick post before I head into work. My friend is now 5cm dilated. She's been up for 24 hours and said she's exhausted, but excited! Hopefully baby Mia will make an entrance soon! Can't wait to see her! My friend is gonna make such an awesome mom!

QOTD: I'm a bit of a candle fanatic. I love them! I have a whole collection. I especially love the Fall and Christmas scents and the softer scents that aren't too bold or strong. I'm very sensitive to smells and anything too strong can trigger a migraine, so I'm very selective about which candles I buy.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: probably a protein bar

D: not really sure yet

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 11/2/19 5:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

JB - I had a co-worker once who sold some sort of nutritional supplement. We all pretty much hated her after about a month into it. She would NOT take "no" for an answer. I just started avoiding her. Luckily it was easy for me because our offices were on different floors of the library. I felt sorry for people who were in the same office as she was.

today we're going over to MIL's apartment because some of her new furniture is going to be delivered. Hopefully this load will include the new couch and chair since she's been sitting on those collapsible camping chairs ever since she moved in in July! Then at 4:00 I have to take my mother to a wedding reception. Hopefully there won't be a lot of tempting food there - I'm feeling really bloated this morning.

QOTD: I'm sort of indifferent to candles, although I hate scented things so no scented candles would "fly" here anyway. I haven't used candles at all for years because of the cats. That's all I need is for one of them to knock a burning candle over. My sister LOVES candles and often gives them to me for Christmas. They sit in a drawer...unopened and unburned.

4 years 4 months out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: something to keep me from overeating at the reception. Maybe a bunch of raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip - or a L&F yogurt with a T of tahini stirred in

D: ?? (at the reception)

ex: maybe yoga...

have a great day, all!!

Erin T.
on 11/2/19 6:00 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I've been at my new job now for over 18 months and I still won't bring in fundraisers for the office as a whole. Aurora was selling bulbs and I brought the sheet in for our director only since I knew she was all about her garden. Although I did recently let myself be conned into some boy scout popcorn and damn that stuff is good.

I woke up with a headache this morning. So, all the coffee and then I need to go run 4 miles. It's currently nearly freezing so I'd like it to warm up a bit first. It's also our community yard sale day so I'm going to walk around and see if I can find any 1,000 piece puzzles for our stash.

QOTD: We've been through a house fire, so no matter if I like the smell we don't use them at all. I buy the scent sachets that Kirkland's sells and I place those around the house. I only really do two types of smells - holiday (cinnamon, pine, etc) and citrus, so there are times of the year where I just can't find anything I'm willing to sniff for weeks on end.

My Food:

• Pre-Breakfast: Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Breakfast: English Muffin, Cheese, Sausage, Egg
  • Lunch: Leftover Chicken Tenders
  • Dinner: Pot Roast w/ red potatoes
  • Snacks: Maybe if I say "not halloween candy" I'll mean it?

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Greateight
on 11/2/19 6:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I saw something really impressive yesterday. We had a Friday Night Lights thing with another gym, and this young woman from the other gym Clean and Jerked (floor to over her head) 175 pounds five times.

I struggled with 135. I can talk about form and technique all day, but she is flat out much stronger than me.

Today is the chili cook off in our town. Its between 1-5 and we are going to go as a family. It didn't get much more enthusiastic than "I don't really like chili, but I will go", nevertheless, I am taking it as a win. Other than that, I need to go to the gym, get my oil changed and my hair cut.

QOTD: We don't have candles lit very often. DD loves them and it kind of stresses me even though she uses the kind that come in glass jars.

Breakfast: Turkey meatballs and cottage cheese

Snack: Protein bar

lunch: chili

Dinner: TBD

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Greateight
on 11/2/19 6:38 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Is not eating Halloween candy a win if I couldn't eat it because my mouth was too full of popcorn?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 11/3/19 2:07 am, edited 11/2/19 7:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I say yes. Let's take small wins where we can find them!

karenp8
on 11/2/19 7:45 am - Brighton, IL

I woke up sick and miserable yesterday with a terrible headache and very nauseous. Best as I can figure I was dehydrated. I drank and drank and drank some more yesterday and feel better today. Accountability I only ate lunch and dinner and not much of either. Morning walk yesterday was shortened as I got very dizzy and sick to my stomach but other walks were good and weight is 121 today. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later. Here's the food plan for the day B11/2 protein pancakes with sugar free syrup L 4 oz broccoli cheese soup D 4 oz burger with cheese and no bun S if needed 3 peanut butter crackers. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone!

Queen JB
on 11/3/19 2:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hope you feel better Karen! It seems like you have been sick a lot this year--that sucks! Hang in there!

White Dove
on 11/2/19 9:30 am - Warren, OH

I have one scented candle from Yankee Candle that I bough because my niece was selling it for a fundraiser. It was at least 10 years ago. Once in a while, I put it on a candle warmer and let it fill the house with scent. It is called Orchard Pear. I wish I had bought a different scent. I might replace it someday with a scent I really like.

I don't particularly like of dislike them and would only buy another if I was forced into it by a family member's fund raiser. I think it is hilarious that you hate them and would love to see you walk past the store at the mall and start complaining.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 120 views