What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/10/19 2:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Sunday! Sundays that are in the middle of a long weekend are my faaaavorite! Usually I hate waking up on Sunday and knowing it's only one sleep until it's over...

I had a lovely day yesterday. Nothing extraordinary, exactly, but it was nice to catch up with mom, run some errands, hang out with my Grim and totally relax. Today should be similar--lots of hanging out, getting ready for the week, setting up our ETSY store, and a friend coming for dinner. We haven't made a plan yet, but I assume there are tacos in my future :)

Accountability: Another great day. Mom offered me a chocolate croissant when we were leaving and it didn't even tempt me! But I did have a mindless handful of pretzels later in the day, which made me so mad at myself...

QOTD: What's your stance on Extraterrestrial Life? I believe there is life out there, and they are probably advanced and smart, but I also don't think our paths will ever cross, or that any of the unexplained stuff in our world is from UFOs...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

momyshaver
on 11/10/19 5:04 am
VSG on 06/28/17

Ah Sunday, yes, one sleep away from manic Mondays, lol... I digress with my elderly self I hope Everyone has a great Sunday, whatever that looks like for you.

Trying to keep things "in routine" with "the kids", waiting for the swelling to resolve. I can tell things are changing by the day but my face is still pretty misshapen and I can tell I will need to reschedule some outside appointments next week. We just aren't there yet. :/ I struggle to get my mouth open to get pureed things in, (think greek yogurt, cream of wheat, protein drinks, water, etc.) and I am still to my embarrassment, drooling uncontrollably. It is what it is. My poor kids have been so sweet. I can see their thoughts on their faces so I have had to do a lot of reassuring that this is temporary and that things will be better soon.

QOTD: I do believe there are things beyond our understanding that exist. I think the scope of history confirms that...I guess maybe we will find out more in the future or not. Who knows. I do think we are living in interesting times, yet interesting times are littered throughout even recent history so it is impossible to say if our times are more or less interesting than the ones that came before our time. I think it is comforting to think that there is some sort of more intelligent life out there that might intercede on the behalf of humanity. If they are more intelligent I would hope any intercession or communication would be positive and not negative

MadisonRose
on 11/10/19 5:21 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! Yesterday was fabulous! Had an awesome time with family and got some new clothes while out shopping. I think it's still taking me some getting used to being in a smaller size now. I have always been the type to look at the clothes first to determine how wide they are and if it would fit around me. Then I look at the size. I'd find something I liked and say "oh that's pretty" and my mom would say put that back, that's too big for you....it's a 3x. Sure enough she was right. It was a 3x. Guess I just naturally gravitate toward the larger sizes because in my mind I am still that big. Today I'm going to get my nails done. Haven't done that in so long and I figured what the hell! It's so cold outside this morning though....I kinda just want to stay inside and drink coffee all day. Lol

QOTD: yes, I believe they are out there. It's hard to believe otherwise.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: L&F yogurt w/granola

D: leftover steak and broccoli from lunch yesterday

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 11/10/19 6:18 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Hope those of you who have a long weekend are enjoying it. Yes we're retired but we work at the warehouse on Monday because there are volunteer teams booked for the day. QOTD yes I think there is other life but don't think our paths will ever cross. Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do 2 more later today. Accountability was perfect yesterday both food and stepwise and weight is 121 today. Plans today include cleaning and laundry to begin here soon. Here's the food plan B2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c loaded potato soup D 4oz turkey meatballs with pasta sauce S if needed L&F yogurt. Have a fun day full of smart choices everyone!

Greateight
on 11/10/19 6:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I slept for more than 8 hours last night. That has only happened 1 or 2 times since surgery. Friday night's 20.5 was tough, I didn't sleep more than 5 hours Friday night and then Saturday morning we did a long workout with 140 Burpees.

Does anybody remember that I said I had to take m two sons clothes shopping yesterday. Well, it was 4 hours in the store! They were troopers, but their thighs caused fitting problems that required a complete re-do of everything that was picked out for them.

We go back in about two weeks to pick up the alterations, etc. After the shopping ordeal we went to Gibsons and had steak. That was a bit of an adventure because my youngest was wearing gym shorts and flip flops and we had to kind of sneak him in. The steak was glorious.

Today we are going to see Midway and hopefully I will go for a long (for me) run outside.

QOTD: I think that there must be. I am not sure whether the recent things that have been happening are UFO's, but the tone of communication about the unidentified objects from the military has changed over time in a way that makes me wonder if there is an attempt to slowly socialize that idea to the public.

Breakfast: Chaffles

Snack: Protein Bar

Lunch: Chicken

Snack: popcorn at movies

Dinner: TBD

Have a great Day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 11/10/19 6:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I went to the movies last night (our second run place) to see the Molly Ivins documentary. Loved it but I was having coughing fits, so I spent most of the time sitting in the back of the theatre so I could quickly run out and cough (and not disturb the other people). So I missed some of the movie, but at least I saw about 80% of it. I think I'll stay in today as I'm clearly not over this crud yet. I woke up with a horrible headache from all the congestion, but at least that's gone now (thanks to Tylenol, coffee, and/or sitting up in bed). This coughing is going to drive me out of my mind, though..

accountability - I skipped dinner because I knew we'd be going to the movie, and DH ALWAYS gets popcorn. So I did go over my calorie range, but not by too much. Weight was down this morning. YAY!

QOTD: the universe is so huge that I'm sure there's a much better chance that there IS other life out there than not, but I agree that we'll probably never cross paths.

4 years 5 months out:

B: protein pancakes with homemade fruit compote and plain Greek yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: leftover sushi and/or leftover dal

AS: L&F yogurt or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: fish tacos

I'd love to go to an exercise class, but I should probably stay home. I don't know if I'm still contagious or not.

have a great Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 11/10/19 6:57 am
RNY on 11/22/16

I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I think I was in denial yesterday. I thought I didn't feel that great because I woke up at 3:30 am to take a friend to the airport and I had a busy week. I don't have time for a cold! I am making Thanksgiving dinner for 65 people on Tuesday at work. I just had some breakfast so I am waiting 30 minutes to take some meds. I am thankful that in Washington state that we can still get the good sudafed behind the counter from the pharmacist.

The kids came home last night and stayed the night. It was nice having dinner together and hanging out. I really wanted to go on a hike today, but my leg still isn't healed. I went to the Dermatologist Friday and he took out my stitches. He took them out too soon and now my wound has opened up. I am frustrated. He told me that I was too active and I needed to take it easy. I literally can't even get off the toilet without using my thigh muscles. It is just in a bad spot. Good news though, they did get all of the melonoma and we have good margins.

Accountability- I had a slice of pumpkin roll yesterday. Wasn't as good as I remember. Won't do that again.

Food for today-

2 eggs, 1/2 c. cottage cheese with EBB seasoning

Not sure on anything else. My son is smoking ribs for dinner. I just feel like I don't even have an appetite.

QOTD- Yup, there is life out there. Who knows, they are probably living amongst us now, we just aren't aware.

Have a good day everyone. Stay healthy and enjoy breathing out of both nostrils. LOL!

momyshaver
on 11/10/19 6:14 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

OH wow you are certainly having a rough time of it with the health issues. I am sorry your wound opened back up and yeah...taking it easy is easier said than done when you have people relying on you. I am happy that they did get all of the melanoma and have good margins. That must be such a weight lifted as you deal with the physical pain of recovery. I hope that you are feeling better as all that you need to get done is calling out to you HOWEVER, I hope you have some help that you can call on to delegate some things if need be.

White Dove
on 11/10/19 7:27 am - Warren, OH

QOTD:

It was in the early 1950's and I was about four years old. We were riding with my mother's friend to see her husband who was stationed at Wright Patterson Airforce Base in Dayton, Ohio. It was a clear night and my mother remarked to her friend about how big the moon was.

Her friend said, "That is not the moon, the moon is over there". A big bright ball of light was in the sky and seemed to be following us. It was almost directly over the car as we drove. After a while, the car started to make a sputtering noise and the friend pulled to the side of the road. We were not out of gas, but the car just would not start.

We sat there for a while and the light stayed right over us. Then after maybe fifteen minutes of so, the ball of light flew off and disappeared. After that the car started and was fine. When we got to the base and found the friend's husband, she and my mom were excitedly telling him what had happened.

He listened, then told us that we were correct about what we had seen, but that he would lose his job if we ever told anyone about it. He made it very clear that we could never speak of it again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 283 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views