What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 11/13/19 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hello JB and Menuers,

JB Hope your feeling a little better today.

It is 11° here is Pittsburgh. Maybe some time in my lifetime I will be able to have a winter haven to avoid this.

QOTD: I had a Johnathan Livingston Seagull Lunchbox at one point. My mother thought PB&J and Little Debbie's were nutritionally worthy. But we always got to buy lunch on Fridays for pizza day. I remember in First grade they had a Strawberry whipped mouse that was lovely and the pizza would have yellow cheese on it. But it was still very good. Thru Jr and SR High I bought my lunch. I loved the Johnny Marzetti it was ground beef and tomato sauce over elbow macaroni with american cheese melted on top. Rumor had it it was named Johnny Marzetti cause he was a bad kid they killed and they ground him up to make the dish, LOL

Accountability: good

TSS 1 year 11 months 2 days 138.8 lbs (lowest was 138.2)

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF pumpkin spice creamer with miralax and fiber

MS Jimmy Dean Spinach eggwich and Oikos Vanilla .

L: Chili and roasted butternut squash. .

D: Totally Thai turkey burger rand slaw. I doubled the recipe and made a meatloaf now I can just cut off a slice and heat it on the grill or air fryer and top with coleslaw it has worked out great.

ES: Gloria Jeans Toffee Coffee and Aldi SF French Vanilla creamer

Exercise: Elliptical at Planet fitness.

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessings

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 11/13/19 9:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'll have to make those Thai burgers - maybe next week. Making a loaf out of them sounds even easier!

Theduffman27
on 11/13/19 10:50 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Richard Bach , author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull was the father of a classmate of mine. Jon did not meet his Dad ( Richard****il he was in College. Jon was a great guy, intelligent and lived in the Lake Champlain Islands in VT.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

White Dove
on 11/13/19 12:12 pm - Warren, OH

I loved that book and wanted to see a seagull. Now there is a refuge for them nearby and I see millions of them in food parking lots.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Christina135
on 11/13/19 7:41 am

Good morning, Happy Hump Day!

QOTD - I always ate school lunches. I was always jealous of the kids with the cool lunch boxes, and thermos sets that had hot soup. Ugh.

Breakfast - Fasting until 10:45, so just coffee/hot tea so far

Snack - Rice roller with peanut butter, fruit smoothie with water

Lunch -NO idea, but a veggie sammich from JJ sounds decent!

Snack - TBH, I have no idea. Today is a hard food day for me, I didn't plan well at all.

Dinner - TBD

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

ecm1109
on 11/13/19 8:51 am

Hi-posting today for accountability. I read this thread daily but very rarely post. I am 5+ years out and am about 8 lbs over where i want so I am getting back to it. I am also following Weigh****chers, so this menu is in line with that program, but very different from how I ate early post op-not sure how this will work for me, but I will give it a try

B=coffee with half and half- later: grapefruit sections (3 points)

MS= medium gala apple (0 pts)

L= beef barley soup (7 pts)

AS= tuna pouch with 1tbsp of mayo (3 pts)- if needed

D=black beans and brown rice topped with salsa and shredded cheddar cheese (9 pts)

QOTD=In grade school, we didn't have a cafeteria so we walked home every day for lunch and my mom usually had a sandwich ready for us, in the winter we would have soup and grilled cheese. In high school, I ate crap food from the cafeteria chicken patties and the pizza were my favorite.

catwoman7
on 11/13/19 9:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Hi All!

I ended up going to a water aerobics class at the gym this morning instead of my usual morning lounging around and playing on my laptop (so I'm doing the lounging and laptop NOW!). A friend texted me while I was at the pool to see if I wanted to go for coffee, but by the time I was done with class, showered, and back home it was too late for her, so we'll go Friday instead. I'm secretly glad because I need my lounging around time!

it's supposed to snow later today, so I have to cram in some things right after lunch before it starts. We were going to go to a presentation/dinner tonight, but it depends on how much snow we get. It's not critical enough to risk my life getting there.

QOTD: it depended on where we lived at the time. Grades 1-2 everyone went home for lunch (no school cafeteria). Grades 3-5: I think I mostly brownbagged it. Or in my case, used my Doctor Doolittle lunchbox (this was in the 60s right around the time that movie starring Rex Harrison came out). Grade 6 (another new school)- I went home again because we lived like two blocks from the school. That school DID have a cafeteria, but I always preferred going home for lunch. Junior high: I mostly packed my lunch the first year, but after that, I mostly bought it. High school: at my first high school (10th grade), I usually bought my lunch because they had this snack bar thing that sold things like pizza and sandwiches (in addition to the regular cafeteria) (I always did the snack bar option - I don't think I ever had the regular cafeteria food). Grades 11 & 12 - that high school had open campus lunch, so we almost always went to McDonald's or someone's house.

4 years 5 months out:

B: pumpkin protein pancakes, plain Greek yogurt, cooked and diced 1/2 apple, SF syrup. And coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: fish taco

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: if we go to that presentation, they're having pizza - so I'll have one or two pieces. If we're home, probably salad with diced chicken and light dressing

ex: water aerobics

have a great day, all!

cc583
on 11/13/19 3:02 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

QOTD: I always brought my lunch.

Accountability: On plan.

B: 2 eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 slice cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 3oz turkey breast

D: 4 1/2 oz angus ground sirloin, 1/2C broccoli rabe