What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Theduffman27
on 11/14/19 9:58 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I have been doing lazy or dirty keto for almost a year. I did have success with it and have hit a plateau where it does not seem I can lose. I am close to what I weighed one year ago. Maybe I should be happy with that.

I like Keto and it does fit into our low carb goals. I am anxious to see what the end result will be , and am not sure I will do this for 7 days. May cut it at 5 days. Time will tell.

Keep up the good work with Keto.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Dcgirl
on 11/14/19 5:32 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi JB and everyone! Congrats on your perfect eating day! I cooked my first Blue Apron Weigh****chers meal last night. I liked it but Kris said, "hmm that was good, but not very filling". It had a lot of veggies! It was basically a little bit of couscous, chicken sautéed with thinly sliced onions and za'atar seasoning, and a salad of mini peppers and mini cucumbers in sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. 7 points total. I think they send 10 oz of protein per meal and I can eat 4ish but Kris prefers 8ish so I dunno, as much as I like getting out of my comfort zone and trying new recipes (also in this box were roasted chickpeas and farro and spicy salmon and veggies as well as cheesy lime chicken with brown rice and veggies), I am just not sure how to make the protein stretch. Unless maybe I buy extra of each meat at the grocery store and bulk up the protein, which now that I am typing it, would work well, since I could then have lunches for the next day. Hmmmm, this might actually work!

Ok, sorry for thinking out loud!

QOTD: Yep, we have an elliptical that I paid a grip for, and never use. I prefer classes at the gym. Kris has some elaborate weight-lifting bench that he uses five times a week, plus he goes to our neighborhood gym for more machines twice a week.

B: Trader Joes smoked trout with whipped high protein cream cheese, iced coffee with half and half and sugar-free syrup (might have to move to hot coffee with these outside temps however)

L: Tuna with pickles and mayo

D: TBD, a friend is in town from the UK so a group of us are meeting for happy hour and dinner somewhere!

E: Nada. I did go to step class yesterday! It was me and a bunch of senior citizens but the actual exercise was good - lots of cardio plus some weights. I strongly disliked the instructor, however. She was very abrasive and I think she was "joking" with her regulars but I found her personality extremely off-putting. I don't often have such a visceral dislike reaction to anyone, really, but yes, I don't think I will return to her particular class!

Stay warm, friends! Sheila, I saw Venice on the news this morning. So terrible. I love Venice, it's such a gorgeous and historical place, and I hate to see it under water :(

Queen JB
on 11/14/19 7:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Interesting on the blue apron review. I am alone in whatever I cook, so I think it sounds like too much protein for me...!

Where did you find a high protein cream cheese?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 11/14/19 8:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Aldi has a high protein whipped cream cheese

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 11/14/19 8:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yep, Chrissy is right - it's Aldi!

Dcgirl
on 11/14/19 8:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh and I meant to say, 10 oz - it would be your dinner and then easily lunch again. You could get 2 meals for 2 people, and have 5 meals total, I bet :)

Queen JB
on 11/14/19 9:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh good, I will definitely try the Aldi cream cheese...

If you find a keto-friendly blue apron meal, give me a heads up! I am interested but since I am rocking the keto right now, I don't want to switch it up.

Patty R.
on 11/14/19 5:48 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

It's the full moon, JB!

Queen JB
on 11/14/19 7:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Don't I know it, girl!

Maddymoe2
on 11/14/19 6:09 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. My day off yesterday was glorious. I accomplished a lot and finished the day with a bubble bath.

QOTD- I have an elliptical, treadmill and a garage full of racks of dumbells, 2 squat racks, a bench and about 5 lifting bars. My son is obsessed. There was a gym that went out of business last summer and he rented a uhaul and bought all their weights. There could be worse things for him to spend money on. He uses it daily as well as my husband and son in law. I need to get into weight training more. I like my DVDS and elliptical.

Food for today-

2 black coffee

1 egg scrambled with onion, spinach, ham, low carb wrap

chomps at 11

chicken kale motz burger with onions and light swiss

halibut and broccoli

No snacking!!! Must stay focused and resist the biscuits and gravy today at work. I am making Brunch for Lunch today for my Seniors. I have my 3 year surgiversary next Friday and I see my Dr on Wednesday.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 480 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics