What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 11/14/19 6:16 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It seems to be warming up a bit here in Wisconsin (still cold - but better than the last couple of days!), but it snowed again last night. Not much, but...ugh. At least it's supposed to be in the 40s again next week. It'll feel like summer after this!

I'm going to a luncheon/talk today (my friend who coordinates the speakers for this group insisted I go to do the tech setup. Ha! Well, I hope it all works...). It's at an Italian-American place that I've never been crazy about. Mostly 1950's era Italian-American fare. None of the three lunch choices worked for me, but I chose the sandwich with ham & salami & spicy cheese & tomatoes. The other two choices both involved pasta, as I recall. So...that's lunch. Other than that, not much on tap for today. Hopefully I can find a yoga class or something over at the gym that looks appealing.

QOTD: currently I have barbells, which I haven't used in years, and yoga equipment (three mats, blocks, a strap, two bolsters, and a blanket). I occasionally use the yoga equipment in the winter when it's too cold or snowy to go out. I also have LOTS of ancient exercise VHS tapes, which I used during the polar vortex last winter (but other than that, almost never use anymore). We used to have an exercise bike that I think I got at a garage sale, but i rarely used it and I think it was broken at one point, so DH tossed it a couple of years ago. I won't buy any more equipment because I"m sure it won't get used. I'm only a five-minute drive from my gym, so unless it's really bad out, I'll just go over there and use their equipment.

accountability was good yesterday - plus I went to water aerobics, too. YAY!

4+ years out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt, diced cooked apples, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: ham/salami/cheese/tomato sandwich (restaurant...)

AS: if needed, L&F yogurt or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip. Or maybe a SF "latte"

D: fish taco (need to use up this fi****'s getting a bit old!)

have a great day, all!!

Teenie
on 11/14/19 7:16 am, edited 11/13/19 11:16 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

For you JB

QOTD: Many pieces have been hauled in and out but right now we only have a treadmill. I like planet fitness for now and I can not do any core exercises do to the hernia surgery so no need to have anything else.

Accountability: Spot on

TSS 1 year 11 months 3 days 138.4 lbs (lowest was 138.2)

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF pumpkin spice creamer with miralax and fiber

MS Jimmy Dean Spinach eggwich and Oikos Vanilla .

L: Real Good chicken alfredo and butternut squash. .

D: Totally Thai turkey burger and slaw.

ES: Gloria Jeans Toffee Coffee and Aldi SF French Vanilla creamer

Exercise: Elliptical at Planet fitness.

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessings

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 11/14/19 7:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That squirrel is my soul-mate.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 11/14/19 7:46 am

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - My exercise machine consists of the following: 1 acre of yard, 8 dogs, and a yoga mat!

Breakfast - Coffee, nut pods peppermint creamer

Snack - Fruit smoothie, fruit with water

Lunch - Amy's vegan burrito, two Gardein chicken tenders, habanero hot sauce

Snack - rice rollers with peanut butter

Dinner - eh, not sure. I start IF at 3pm, so we may skip dinner this evening.

I hope you all have an awesome day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

ScaleSkater
on 11/14/19 9:47 am, edited 11/14/19 1:47 am

JB

I absolutely love my Peloton and I'm approaching 1 year with the bike. I've logged 220 rides so far. There is so much variety in type of class, instructor and genre that its always different. It's changed the way I workout. If you use my screen name as a referral you'll get $100 merchandise credit that could be applied to shoes (as the bike uses Look Delta cleats vs. spin club SPD cleats). So almost free shoes. I would get a t-shirt, so no biggie on the referral if you have other friends with the bike. SpinSkater is my screen name. I have a ton of at home equipment and right now I mainly use the Peloton because I'm having so much fun with it.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

ecm1109
on 11/14/19 11:00 am

Late to the party, but posting for accountability.

B=Coffee with stevia and half and half

L=Roast beef sub (half the bread) with lettuce, tomato, onion and horseradish sauce

D=Meatballs in Sauce

S=Carrots, small apple if needed

QOTD=I have two exercise balls that I rarely use. May have to take one out tonight. I prefer group classes especially the boot camp that I go to in the mornings.

White Dove
on 11/14/19 4:48 pm - Warren, OH

If I was going to make an investment, it would be an Endless Pool. They run about $20,000. I have thought about putting one in a sunroom. I don't even care about the retractable roof. I belong to a private swim and tennis club where I swim all summer, and then go to the gym pool in the winter.

I have a really good treadmill in the basement but have not used it in years. Exercising out of water gives me sore muscles and leg cramps.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views