Friday menu

Tracywaites
on 11/20/19 10:43 am

(breakfast) soft scrambled egg, 1/2 slice wheat toast!

water

protein drink! So far

(lunch) 2oz turkey lunch meat, 1 piece string cheese, 2 crackers

protein drink

water

1/2cup mashed beans with 1 oz cheddar cheese

protein drink

water

ladygodiva1228
on 11/20/19 11:16 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On November 20, 2019 at 6:43 PM Pacific Time, Tracywaites wrote:

(breakfast) soft scrambled egg, 1/2 slice wheat toast!

water

protein drink! So far

(lunch) 2oz turkey lunch meat, 1 piece string cheese, 2 crackers

protein drink

water

1/2cup mashed beans with 1 oz cheddar cheese

protein drink

water

I'm going to tell you that the toast, crackers and beans have a lot of carbs and if you are having issues losing weight I would bet even though it is not a lot that those items are holding you up.

How far out from surgery are you?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

    

White Dove
on 11/20/19 2:32 pm

Some protein drinks are high carb, so check the calories and carbs, as well as the protein grams.

I did not eat toast, crackers, or beans for the first three years. I also stayed away from fruit, except for berries.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/20/19 3:10 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Agreed. The carbs are probably part of why you've been stalled so long.

Nerdy Little Secret (#42) - Derby Strong!
VSG 2013, lost 150lb - RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD


Vanvooh
on 11/22/19 9:15 am
On November 20, 2019 at 7:16 PM Pacific Time, ladygodiva1228 wrote:
On November 20, 2019 at 6:43 PM Pacific Time, Tracywaites wrote:

(breakfast) soft scrambled egg, 1/2 slice wheat toast!

water

protein drink! So far

(lunch) 2oz turkey lunch meat, 1 piece string cheese, 2 crackers

protein drink

water

1/2cup mashed beans with 1 oz cheddar cheese

protein drink

water

I'm going to tell you that the toast, crackers and beans have a lot of carbs and if you are having issues losing weight I would bet even though it is not a lot that those items are holding you up.

How far out from surgery are you?

really? You think a half a piece of toast is high in carbs? Its probaly like 7 grams of carbs. Im sure its fine

ladygodiva1228
on 11/22/19 10:18 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On November 22, 2019 at 5:15 PM Pacific Time, Vanvooh wrote:
On November 20, 2019 at 7:16 PM Pacific Time, ladygodiva1228 wrote:
On November 20, 2019 at 6:43 PM Pacific Time, Tracywaites wrote:

(breakfast) soft scrambled egg, 1/2 slice wheat toast!

water

protein drink! So far

(lunch) 2oz turkey lunch meat, 1 piece string cheese, 2 crackers

protein drink

water

1/2cup mashed beans with 1 oz cheddar cheese

protein drink

water

I'm going to tell you that the toast, crackers and beans have a lot of carbs and if you are having issues losing weight I would bet even though it is not a lot that those items are holding you up.

How far out from surgery are you?

really? You think a half a piece of toast is high in carbs? Its probaly like 7 grams of carbs. Im sure its fine

Yes really.

After WLS carbs, even small amounts can make a persons weight stall or go up. So that half slice of toast can very well be causing the OP to stall and not lose weight. The majority of folks on here do very low carbs daily to either lose or maintain their weight loss.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

    

Christina135
on 11/20/19 1:53 pm

I agree, get rid of the toast and crackers. Beans in moderation are a decent source of protein and filling, much better source than simple carbs.

Christina


Let it begin with me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/19 2:04 pm

B- low-fat Thai chicken breast w carrots n fresh peppers

S- fresh pita bread w butter buds spinach garlic n grilled shrimp

S - European danish ( yep the " real " buttery sugary kind w apricot n morello cherry jams ) of course I only nibbled a bit ( ty no writhing on the floor for me from too much sugar lol)

tom ka gai ( coconut chicken Thai soup )

beef satay sticks w peanut sauce

salad w peanut dressing

thai spring roll

pad Thai noodle dish ( low fat ) with lean beef

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/19 3:45 pm

You're only a few weeks post op so beans n fat free cheese r right on.

Do your research !

The ones of us who eat healthy carbs are usually far thinner healthier and happier than the ones who try to control them ( but substitute " bacon egg n cheese high fat chaffles / miracle bk vegan sandwiches... high fat creamers cheeses etc )

its YOUR life ... be responsible to ur self . this miracle surgery is essentially a once in a lifetime thing ... you blow the opportunity that's it .

catwoman7
on 11/22/19 1:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

that's a very individual thing. A lot of people on here are very carb sensitive. Different diets work for different people. I do not agree that people who control carbs and eat more fat are not as thin, healthy, or happy as people who don't. There are thin, healthy, and happy people in both camps. If low-fat, high-carb works for you, then fine - but that eating pattern doesn't work for everyone. A lot of us were told to follow low-carb diets (I was not - my plan was pretty balanced - but a lot of plans are low-carb).

×