What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 11/21/19 11:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is awesome! I hope you'll share the article when it's published.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 11/21/19 12:16 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Congrats on the feature article, please share if you are able too!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Christina135
on 11/21/19 6:23 am, edited 11/20/19 11:22 pm

*edit to correct foods!

Good morning yall! Happy Friday Eve!

QOTD - I am artistic, but in writing, such as short stories or poetry. Give me a paintbrush and I'll give you a stick figure!

Breakfast - IF done,chia pudding with almond milk, coffee with snickerdoodle nut pod creamer.

Snack - Rice roller with peanut butter

Lunch - vegan soup, slice of multi grain bread with vegan cheese

Snack - Pretzels, hummus

Dinner - none, going to start IF at 3pm today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 11/21/19 6:34 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning JB & menuers,

That poodle is adorable and that pose! Hilarious! Happy you were able to sleep in (4:45!!!).

I am usually not star struck. In my job I meet with people that you read about in the paper so I'm good with power, it doesn't affect me. On the other hand with beautiful people I'm start struck. Yesterday I met with the surgeon who would take my gallbladder out. It was a long process; first the bariatrician, then the ultrasound appt, then the PCP and finally the surgeon. You should have seen me when the dr walked in. He is in his late thirties, tall, dark hair, and the bluest eyes I have ever seen. I'm a sucker for blue/green eyes. I had a hard time concentrating on what he was telling me. Finally he got my attention when he told me I have stones 1 cm large. For me he could have cut me up right then and there. But when I came out I called my WLS center asking to see if it was OK to have it with this surgeon. They are all under the same umbrella and connected being in the same system. So the coordinator informed me that the same surgeon that did my RNY can do my gallbladder. That surgeon has zero bedside manner but is one of the best in Silicon Valley. So in short I gotta leave my blue eye surgeon for my original one. In my head I was almost cheating on my original surgeon having even talked to the blue eye one. He was a true eye candy! ;^)

QOTD: I don't think I'm artistic but if I have a pattern I can knit or crochet anything. In other words I'm not creative but I can copy. Same way when I make wreaths. I gotta see it to make it, I can't come up with my own design.

My meals (4 days down 4 more to go):

• coffee, coffee, and more coffee with PP as creamer
  • Fage yogurt
  • SF jello
  • Miso soup

Happy jr Fri-yay, everybody!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Theduffman27
on 11/21/19 7:08 am
VSG on 11/19/14

So - are you trying to get a second opinion, with the same Dr??? LOL

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Sheila_H
on 11/21/19 7:34 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I only wish!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

ScaleSkater
on 11/21/19 6:57 am

Good morning. Still texting with my trainer on what we are eating. I like the constant check ins and reinforcement. Keeps me focused and I've lost about 6 pounds so far this week. I'm almost CAWAW eating and feel great now that I'm beginning day 4. I have eliminated all the carby night eating as I'd have to text my trainer and she goes to bed at 8:30 (she'd be mad on multiple levels).

QOTD - I like woodworking, but haven't done it since moving back to Chicago 20 years ago. So I'd have to say I like crafty things, but am not currently crafty.

Exercise - 45 min training session this morning

PWO 1/2 cup oatmeal and a few berries and 2 tbs sunflower seeds

B 2/3 cup Fish egg salad (added some trout I purchased to the OH recipe for egg salad)

L The last of the actual trout, small salad, small apple

S meat stick and cheese 3/4 oz

Late snack before the Hawks game - Apple and nuts

Dinner at the game - Beef sandwich with peppers and giardiniera (use the bread as a dish without eating)

Emergency food - only if get hungry or tempted late in game - Half protein bar from Quest

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

Theduffman27
on 11/21/19 7:11 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Oh I beg to differ, I am sure you have you are still "crafty"!! LOL

ecm1109
on 11/21/19 7:03 am

Good morning all,

I am a gal without a plan today...I attempted to air fry some chicken with leftovers to be eaten today but somehow dropped the whole pan of it on the floor last night and could not salvage it! So last nights dinner ended up being not very satisfying Lean Cuisine swedish meatballs and I did not have anything to pack for lunch today. I can usually cobble something together from the office fridge but this could be dangerous today. So here is my best guess...

B-coffee with half and half and later a yogurt

L-i think i might have a pouch of tuna and some mayo

D-I took more chicken out of the freezer last night, so i am going to try again for chicken and brussel sprouts

I need to do better on my water intake

Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 11/21/19 7:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi JB and all!

It's a lovely and sunny morning in DC, though the clouds are supposed to roll in. I am SO glad it is Thursday. And knowing the next 3 weeks are short (next week we have Th and Fri off, the week after I took off Fri and the week after that Mon) is giving me major HAPPY VIBES.

I am munching on my fancy king crab (it lasted 3.5 meals) but this is the last of it!

QOTD: not in the least. Not artistic at all. I am creative - I work in Marketing and I have a special talent for booking and planning travel, but art, not happening. I can draw a house, with a sun in the upper corner, and a stick figure person. That's where my talent ends!

B: 2 oz king crab, mini organic avocado 90 calorie cup from Costco, 1 oz cheddar cheese

L: homemade chicken meatballs - I use ground chicken, a little panko, egg, parmesan cheese, tons of spices

D: out with a co-worker so TBD. I will have a glass or two of wine, and then eat high protein

E: nada, once again. I swear, once I am in slug mode, the inertia is strong...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics