What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 11/22/19 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Lucky you having such great support at home. Congratulations.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Christina135
on 11/22/19 8:13 am

Thank you, I agree. He didn't know about my surgery until after we were married. He just knew I was "different" and needed to be careful with everything. I am very lucky to have his support for sure. I just wish I had his metabolism!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/19 11:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Nice picture of you guys and it's wonderful that he helps you stay focused on the healthy goal!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 11/22/19 6:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning folks.

was a super long night, I was up no less than 8 times. I can tell! Lol. My body seems to hurt everywhere.

I had a little...well a lot...of faith in humanity restored. I am flat broke and I needed to test my old tutorials with new jumpring makers(my favorite closed up shop). No money to buy rings to test so I couldn't sell on Etsy to earn a little money. I made a post on FB in a private group, just about how frustrating things were. I had two people buy me a little bit of supplies to test one tutorial per each person. I was and am still shocked. I promised them I'll pay it forward, and I will when possible! I am on disability so my monthly budget is very tight.

qotd: I would speak in front of a crowd or be an advocate for mental health awareness/veteran issues. I am scared of people and people in large numbers especially.

b:greek yogurt, plain

l:PP shake

s:pudding

d:soup

s:???

my pics are of me as a baby, some pendants I've made that I rounded up and one of my cats before she came to live with us 5 years ago now.

Christina135
on 11/22/19 8:57 am

Hey Melody,

I really like the pendants, they remind me of sacred geometry, flower of life stuff. I'm all about that. Can you share your Etsy link?

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/19 11:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Really beautiful work, Melody! Also, what a nice surprise from your FB group!

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/22/19 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Everyone!

the only thing on the agenda today is speaking to another pre-op class. I just did this last Friday, but evidently they're cramming some more classes in before the end of the year (probably because some people's insurance policies - or insurance companies - change??). But that's fine - I like doing it. I may hit the grocery store afterwards to pick up things i need for Thanksgiving since I'm kind of busy next week - and I'll be cooking on Wednesday. Plus they're calling for a blizzard (cripes!) - although it's really too early to take anything like that seriously. I take weather predictions that are more than a couple days in advance with a grain of salt - too many things can happen in the interim.

Accountability was good again yesterday. I really wanted to eat last night, but I was already at the top of my calorie range. So I did what I used to do when I was in weight loss mode - put myself to bed rather than give into it. Down another 0.2 lbs this morning - so that's three pounds less than what I weighed this past weekend. So basically, water weight is now gone - now the hard part starts! I'd like to lose seven pounds. I never would have dreamed how hard this would be when one is at a normal weight! Losing that much when I weighed over 300 lbs was nothing.... Now?? UGH!

QOTD: I can't really think of anything. I'd be scared to do something like skydiving, but then, I have no desire to do that, so...

4+ years out:

B: protein blueberry pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: either vegetarian chili or a Beyond sausage in a Flat Out Fold It wrap

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: blackened pork chop with salad (and if I have enough calories left, maybe 1/4 C of stuffing - I found some in my freezer from last Thanksgiving! I made it for DH last night - he said it was still good!)

ex: none of the classes today at either my gym or yoga studio jumped out at me, but I have to do SOMETHING...feeling like a slug

this is me (middle) with two of my cousins from last weekend. We met up in one the Chicago suburbs (the one Jim lives in, in fact!). I was feeling super fat last weekend, so I was surprised to see this picture - I didn't look fat...thankfully!)

Teenie
on 11/22/19 7:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your look great.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 11/22/19 1:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/22/19 1:02 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Great photo with your cousins!

I remember one of those times reading that "all you need to do for health is lose 10% of your weight" or something like that -- I think it was one of the ways to treat type 2 articles....and that was overwhelming....now the single digits are still 5% of weight, essentially, and STILL overwhelming....somethings just don't change, right?

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?