Whats on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Melody P.
on 11/23/19 7:13 am - Amarillo, TX

This made my day even better!

karenp8
on 11/23/19 7:06 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! We left the camper and came to our real home for a week yesterday. Need to get to the grocery store today to put some food in the house and have laundry to do too. Miss Lily and I have 3.5 miles at the park done and will do another mile this evening after dinner. Accountability was perfect food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 121.2. QOTD I am not an adventurous cook and make green bean casserole and sugar free cranberry sauce for the holidays. Then I spend the rest of the day trying to avoid the 4 pies that are usually there. None of us need them--yet they are always there. Just to torment and test me I th ink! Here's the food plan for the day B 2/3c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 1 slice bologna with cheese D half.of a 2 egg ham and cheese omelet. Lots and lots of coffee for sure. Have a great day everyone and I hope you get all you preparations done today,JB.

catwoman7
on 11/23/19 7:08 am, edited 11/22/19 11:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I was planning to go to water aerobics at 7:30 this morning, but I fell back to sleep after originally waking up at 5:00 and didn't wake up again until 7:15. Oh well.. I'll do something else today. It's bright and sunny out (for once!) and not too, too cold - so maybe a walk is in order!

other than that, we're heading out for coffee later and are trying to arrange something with my MIL to get her out of the house today, if even for just a couple of hours.

Accountability was great again yesterday, down another half pound this morning - yay yay yay!!!

QOTD: I've been making the same sweet potato casserole for the last five or six years (at least!). It's a recipe I found on epicurious.com (my favorite recipe site - it includes most/all of the recipes that originally appeared in Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines, mostly - although it includes a few recipes from other magazines as well). It was such a huge hit the first time I made it that it's become a family tradition. NOT bariatric-friendly - but I just indulge in 1/4 C of it! (even less when I was early out...)

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sweet-potato-s treusel-669

4+ years out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake and more coffee with half & half

L: if we're here, maybe vegetarian chili. If out, sometime safe (I'm on a roll and don't want to screw it up!!)

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: pork chop & salad or vegetarian chili

have a great Saturday, all!

edited to add a P.S.: I looked up a couple recipes for Alabama sweet potato casserole since I'd never heard of it (someone mentioned it above). Sounds like the same general idea as my old standby (one recipe for the Alabama one had cornflakes in it...hmmm....)

momyshaver
on 11/23/19 4:42 pm, edited 11/23/19 8:50 am
VSG on 06/28/17

It is funny as growing up I hated sweet potato casseroles I had tried at potlucks and thought that I didn't like sweet potatoes when it turns out that in fact, I do like sweet potatoes. It is a very similar sweet potato recipe. There are several variations on the recipe, (I first found it in a recipe book that was compiled for large families and it included a few variations. I usually make the one with strudel topping. It has nuts in it. I have left the topping off and it is still very good and no one complains. I make a huge pan of it and rarely have leftovers.) It is so delicious but it is rich and only made on certain holidays. It has always been heavily requested since I introduced it into the family potlucks or gatherings so I don't mind although I have not really cooked much in the past 2 years. It feels nice to be healthy enough to just cook for the family even if I won't be eating much.

White Dove
on 11/23/19 8:35 am - Warren, OH

My mission for the last few years has been to eliminate some unhealthy dish every holiday. I have gotten rid of the green bean casserole, the lasagna (my husband was Italian and we always had lasagna as well as all the American dishes), the corn pudding. and yams with marshmallows.

Last year, I made roasted sweet potatoes instead of the mess with syrup and marshmallows. That was meet with you don't have to eat it, but we enjoy it. So this year, I bought marshmallows and it is understood that I will be serving sweet potato casserole but l will not be eating it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/23/19 3:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I unfortunately love sweet potato casserole, but not with marshmallows on it. For some reason, that thought always turned my stomach!

JB1114
on 11/23/19 11:29 am - Grain Valley, MO

Hello All ~ I haven't been on OH for a long time. My RNY was 2008. No regrets and still watching what I eat.

I see you have Big Train on your menu and I wondered where you bought it. I've not been able to find it.

Thanks!!

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

catwoman7
on 11/23/19 3:07 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I just googled it - looks like it's available through amazon and netrition

JB1114
on 11/24/19 11:24 am - Grain Valley, MO

Thank you for responding. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Queen JB
on 11/24/19 2:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome back! Yes, I get it delivered though Amazon Prime! I add the mocha to my hot coffee every morning for a little extra protein boost. It's my favorite!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?