What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 11/25/19 9:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh, sounds like you got lucky with the floors! I have memories of my parents ripping up parts of our house to see what was underneath (1880s Victorian) and sometimes they would find something that would end up being a years long project... :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Theduffman27
on 11/25/19 6:40 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and Menu Folks. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had a busy weekend. Saturday morning Joddie and I went to a Craft Fair and then grocery shopping, Saturday evening we went to MIL's and helped her with a couple of things around the house to be ready for Thanksgiving, yesterday we were at the gym bright and early, then went to watch our god daughter for a few hours, back home to start decorating for Christmas. Joddie is hosting one of those Paint parties ( Christmas theme on a piece of slate) on Sunday and wanted to ensure she has the house decorated prior. Back to work today and so far it is very quiet. many people are out this week.

JB - I think it is great that you are reflecting back to help yourself re-set. I have done the same recently and the "old" tips are invaluable.

QOTD - During the week I do, we have a scale on the counter and I measure, w eigh and log. we tend to go out to dinner more on weekends, I do not eat until stuffed, I always bring home a doggie bag. We went to Breakfast yesterday and I ordered an all meat omelette with no bread or homefries, I was only able to eat half of it, the waitress asked me if something was wrong with it...I explained I was just full.....

B - unjury shake

S - premier protein shake

L - Egg salad

S - premier Protein shake

D- Left over Chicken stuffed with mozzerella, sundried tomatoes and asparagus.

E - light cardio

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Jannie7
on 11/25/19 6:44 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Good morning everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join you. I read your posts everyday and recently was encouraged to join you as everyone says it helps with accountability. I appreciate your abundance of knowledge! I am still working through my journey, had surgery just over 5 months ago and am working towards goal. I live in Canada so am envious of your short Thanksgiving week this week! :)

QOTD: At this stage I still weigh and measure everything and I don't know if that will change for me. I have been having difficulty in the evenings recently with having a bite or two of something here and there, not measuring it and not logging it. That needs to stop! My goal is to not eat after supper - I need to make that happen!

My menu today looks like this:

Decaf tea latte with sugar free almond milk

B: 85 grams Skyr plain yogurt with sugar free peach syrup,1/4 cup blueberries and 1 T chia seeds

L: 3 ounces Sugar free teriyaki chicken breast with 2 tablespoons cauliflower rice

D: Alaskan Pollock burger

S: 1 turkey pepperoni stick and 2 light laughing cow cheese. Probably another tea latte in there too with almond milk

Thanks again everyone for letting me join you!

catwoman7
on 11/25/19 6:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome! We always love having new people to join us - we're glad to have you!!

Jannie7
on 11/25/19 7:57 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Thank you catwoman!! :)

Teenie
on 11/25/19 6:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Most of us struggle with that after hours grazing as we like to call it. My go to is that damn peanut butter jar. I try different tricks to keep me away from it. I try flavored coffee or some other type of low calorie flavored liquid like crystal light. You too will find something that works for you. Good luck with it. And welcome glad to have you here.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Jannie7
on 11/25/19 7:59 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Thank you so much Teenie! It seems my willpower is so weak in the evenings!

Teenie
on 11/25/19 10:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Me too but remember you can always plan for it too. Save some calories and protein and plan a snack for the times the cravings are strongest. I sometimes do a string cheese, Balance Break, Yogurt, 1/2 protein bar. Just make sure there is something that fits in to your menu that is healthy laying around so your not going for the bad food.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 11/25/19 10:40 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Just looked at your Menu it looks great but your final snack of the day instead of doing 2 laughing cow do one and save one for the crave. You've done great so far I am sure you will find the balance.

Jannie7
on 11/25/19 10:57 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will save one of my laughing cows for tonight IF I need it. I used to keep protein bars but they are too much of a trigger for me - too much like a chocolate bar so I tend to steer towards cheese or meat. Sure wish I could have tried some of the samples you had in your pictures - they look delicious - your brother is very talented!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views