Regrets?

missmichelle78
on 11/26/19 1:08 pm - Fresno, CA
I have the sleeve and now have a hiatel hernia and GERD. My dr wants me to get the RNT revision but I’m already sick all the time, I get low blood sugar if I don’t eat soon enough and I feel like the bypass will be a whole other set of problems. Does anyone regret the RNY because of the problems?
Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/26/19 1:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I had a revision to RNY for this exact reason-- serious GERD and a hiatal hernia. Since I had my RNY done this summer, I'm much healthier! No blood sugar problems, malabsorption hasn't been an issue as I take all of my supplements, and I'm feeling really good.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

White Dove
on 11/26/19 3:47 pm - Warren, OH

I have RNY and sometimes have low blood sugar problems. I have also had GERD at times even after RNY. I would not wish that on anyone. I have to be careful about my blood sugar getting too low and watch what I eat, but am still glad I made the choice to have RNY.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/26/19 5:30 pm

I deal with reactive hypoglycemia due to RNY. But, as a name indicates "it's reactive " hypoglycemia, it means I get that when I eat too many sugars and /or too many carbs. Over the years I learned what are the carbs that can affect me the worse. At the same time, those carbs that can cause the worse reaction are the same carbs that can cause a significant weight gain overtime.

Avoiding reactive hypoglycemia is possible. It takes time and effort to identify what and how much carbs I can eat safely. But as long as I am careful what and how much I eat, I can not only prevent getting RH, and also prevent significant weight gain over time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cris1976
on 11/26/19 8:02 pm, edited 11/26/19 12:11 pm

Lamento por razões psicológicas. Não tenho problemas físicos com RNY, mas odeio vitamina Control etc.

Edit:

I'm Fine and my mental health os good now. 1, 8 years after RNY, but sometimes I think about RNY like a vulnerability. I dont have the same liberty because I nerd vitaminas and medical Control Labs. Maybe ia a lot an cultural trace because vitamines and Labs dont are normal in the everyday life. Aneway, RNY was my choice. I drink watter and chance my alumentation for evoid ultraprocesed foods. Os my journay, dont os posible generalizations.

Queen JB
on 11/27/19 2:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Zero regrets. My health was terrible after my lapband failed and I was very worried about the RNY but it is not even a comparable experience. I am healthy again. No complications. Good luck.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ilovemyguts
on 11/27/19 7:37 pm
RNY on 08/07/18

I've only had the RNY and I had a rocky road after surgery. My GERD did not resolve so I take a PPI and will probably have to for the rest of my life. But I don't regret it at all. I take my supplements and my vitamin levels are excellent. My T2D has gone into full remission--even my fasting blood glucose which was the most stubborn, has dropped nice and low. I've also lost a lot of weight, my mental health is better, I'm active every day, my knees don't hurt anymore, I'm not socially anxious, food doesn't control me like it once did. I LOVE being able to eat a "normal" amount of food (less than the average person but still, it's now normal to me) and feel that fullness early. I've learned to eat much more slowly. It has brought a lot of health and joy. The positive outweigh any negatives for me.

RNY August 17, 2018 | HW 240 | SW 230 | M1: -23 | M2: -9 | M3: ? | M4: ? | M5: ? | M6: ?...

momyshaver
on 11/28/19 3:14 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I had similar issues after VSG. I don't think you can compare it to a "virgin surgery". At this point you are looking at the hand you have and so I think it is either wager on the RNY or continue as things are and with that, I think RNY hands down

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 517 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 254 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics