What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Teenie
on 11/27/19 6:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

It sounds like a work out on it's own. Do you really need a formal work out? I can't wait till this is all over and you can relax. You make me tired just reading your post.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 11/27/19 9:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Not to be a bad influence but I'd totally count all the moving and hauling as my exercise.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/27/19 5:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

We have an appointment with our financial guy later on this morning, then off to the DMV so DH can renew his driver's license, then one of the cats has a vet appt later on this afternoon. Plus I have to make sweet potato casserole sometime today. I hope to get in some exercise, too. My weight is up a couple of pounds this morning (for no reason I can think of), and I'm feeling bloated and sluggish. UGH! Not a good feeling - esp right before Thanksgiving!!

accountability was good again yesterday. Still on a roll...

QOTD: I have no idea. This is the most unorganized Thanksgiving EVER. It was originally supposed to be at my house, and we'd divved up all the dishes and decided who was making what, and then my sister suddenly hijacked it and handed it over to her daughter (age 22) to start afre****'s at the daughter's apartment. She hasn't assigned any dishes that I'm aware of, so my MIL and I are just making what we originally decided to make. I don't even know how many people will be there, or if we'll all fit into her apartment. It'll definitely be me, DH, MIL, my mother, my sister and BIL, and my niece and her live-in boyfriend. I know they wanted to have the boyfriend's family and my niece's other roommate, and possibly the other roommate's family as well, but I have no idea if they're coming or not (I'm making the turkey, so not knowing how many people are expected is frustrating. Plus I'm faced with schlepping a turkey across town). I'm guessing we'll be crammed into an apartment eating off paper plates, with half of us sitting on the floor? I have no idea. I guess we'll just be going with the flow here...

4+ years out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade blueberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese with raspberries (???)

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: vegetarian chili

have a great day, all!

Queen JB
on 11/27/19 6:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

OMG the lack of a plan is killing me on your behalf.

I don't really know what dishes people are bringing to our house but we are providing: Charcuterie Board (appetizers), Turkey, Stuffing, Corn, Potatoes, Salad, Rolls & 2 Desserts... so even if no one brings anything else we already have too much food. I am about 95% sure the only thing people will bring are desserts, and maybe a veggie dish, but I don't think it really matters!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 11/27/19 3:04 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm definitely a planner, so this fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants approach my niece has has been driving me out of my mind. I guess it wouldn't bother me as much if I wasn't the one making the turkey, but still...

catwoman7
on 11/27/19 3:49 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

your dinner sounds great, btw!

Teenie
on 11/27/19 6:43 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My hope is your completely wrong and you have the best Thanksgiving ever.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 11/27/19 5:45 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love your glasses, JB!

Happy sorta Friday...I am off basically as of an hour from now. Most of my team is spending the day cooking so while I am not officially "off", I have to go to the DMV since I lost my license (and two credit cards) last week - this is so unlike me and I am endlessly annoyed with myself. I hope that the line won't be long considering most people are cooking or traveling today BUT the DMV is closed tomorrow and Friday so who knows. Since my license is lost, I have to prove my identity (passport), my social security number (W2), my proof of residency (mortgage statement, tax statement, car insurance bill) PLUS take an online driving test. I did a practice one. Do you know how many feet you have to leave between your car and a bicyclist? 3 feet. Hmph, who knew. So yeah, today is annoying.

QOTD: We get the kids Friday at noon so we do our Thanksgiving on Friday. That means tomorrow I will go to Zumba and then come home and make macaroni and cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. All that will be baked on Friday, along with the turkey. I will unwrap the turkey tomorrow and leave it uncovered in the fridge overnight so it dries out. Last year I did a turkey breast in the Instant Pot but it wasn't super tasty. I hope my big ole bird in an oven bag comes out good!

We will probably eat Friday around 3, and we may shuck out the big bucks to go to Enchant DC, a winter wonderland of lights at the Washington National Stadium. The price seems exorbitant, but they have all these lights and a market and spiked hot cider and hot cocoa and stuff...seems very festive!

B; 3 oz boars head ever roast, 1 oz goat cheese, 90 calories mashed guacamole cup from Costco...after my iced coffee with half and half and sugar-free syrup

L: TBD, gonna have a think on this at the DMV

D: creamy dijon chicken with herby potatoes (for Kris) and a cucumber salad

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all people on the thread who celebrate. May you have many things to feel grateful for. XO

Theduffman27
on 11/27/19 5:54 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I am glad to see that the DMV is a dreadful place regardless of where we live, god forbid you have to ask a question there...LOL

Enchant DC sounds wonderful, sounds festive, take pictures!!!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 11/27/19 9:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I did not know that -- is it 3 feet in front of them or 3 feet to the side? Rural eastern Colorado did not have a lot of bicyclists when I took my drivers test so o don't think that was in the book. I also had to "parallel" park between two cones that were telephone distance apart which tells you how much parallel parking there was, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics