What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Sheila_H
on 12/2/19 8:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I send links to DH for my Xmas gifts (a cinnamon color leather jacket that I'm drooling after). If left up to him I would get only gadgets.
He is very much like you, buys himself everything and when you ask him what he wants he says nothing. He is not even the clothes type of guy, how many T-shirts can one have? Hence, my every year dilemma.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Queen JB
on 12/2/19 7:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Did DD enjoy her trip? I have never heard of South Hamilton, but Gloucester is a lovely little coastal fishing village, north of Boston. Close to where Jim grew up, I think!?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 12/2/19 7:37 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Close to where I lived before we moved to Chicago. We used to go to watch polo at the club in South Hamilton.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 12/2/19 7:43 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

She loved it. The beach house belongs to friend's grandma and they all got together there for Thanksgiving. She sent me pics of the beach with beautiful sunsets (I always send her pics of our beaches to remind her of home) but everybody was wearing long parkas, it was so cold. It was weird seeing a "cold beach"!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

supershopper
on 12/2/19 4:49 am

hi all have a call in 10 min have to bust it...

so everything went to plan this long weekend- feel like I haven't been at work in a zillion years. and guess what? I didn't come bac to 900 emails! sisters went well though I ate toooo many sweet potato and carb things so needed to almost lay down! I didn't get sick so that is good but the scale is up 1.5 pounds since last Wednesday. I'm on water patrol today!!! we still don't have a washer and dryer up here so need to do that- tv is coming today and the mount for it Wednesday, so I suppose we can jus****ch it on the floor for now. I reall don't care. dogs are not used to being in a busier town (versus only animals at barn house) so this has been a little hard onthem. my husband is also not used to the excess noise of hearing cars drive by, train, etc. its still country but close to city.

QOTD: well we would really only have 'snow' maybe once a season if we were lucky, usually only ice which is horrible in GA.

food for today:

veggies/skirt steak

coffee

tuna on salad green

work is doing the Christmas stuff today, so not sure at all what that will be.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

White Dove
on 12/2/19 5:07 am, edited 12/1/19 9:07 pm - Warren, OH

I remember coming home from school and changing to a jacket, mittens,boots, and snow pants and playing in the snow until dark. Then for many years, I never set foot in the snow if I could avoid it. I went from the house to the garage, and parked as close as possible to work or stores.

My husband either shoveled the walks and driveway or had someone do it. After he passed away, I realized that the pile of snow outside was not going to go away on its own. I hired a guy to come and plow the driveway, but I would sometimes have to clear the walkways with a snow shovel.

I did not own any boots that were safe and suitable for shoveling snow. My boots were all pretty with high heels. They were not meant for outside work.

I went to the Land's End site and ordered snow boots in a pretty gold color. I ordered a white down filled jacket, and gloves, hat, and scarf in the same color gold as the boots. I figured I might not know what I was doing but would at least look cute out there with the snow shovel.

I have people now who come and shovel when needed. I still wear sensible boots and sometimes put traction cleats on them. The fancy boots with three inch heels are long gone. I want warm and safe.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 12/2/19 7:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I feel super guilty that Grim does all of the shoveling, but not guilty enough to get out there and help... He is my hero

I had to do it alone for 20+ years in the city where there is NO place to pile the snow so it was awful for a short girl like me to navigate. I just loathe shoveling. Being hot & sweaty + cold & shivering is just the worst feeling in the world.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 12/2/19 8:43 am - Warren, OH

Don't feel guilty about the snow. I am sure you are doing lots of things that Grim would be stuck doing if you were not there. I lived at home until I got married at 21. My father and brothers shoveled snow. Then my husband and son did. When I tried to help they just said I was too slow and told me to go in the house and get warm.

It was a bit of a shock at 62 to start learning. Now I am not strong enough to do it and can either pay someone or buy a snow thrower. I still do the lawn but with a riding mover and self propelled push mower. Every year I buy more outdoor tools and learn to use them. Last spring I had a lot of branches fall down.

I am afraid of having an accident with a regular chain saw. I bought an electric alligator lopper chainsaw. I had all the branches cut and bundled in about an hour. In the fall I clean up leaves. The first year I hired someone and watched.

Now I do it on my own. I like working outside but not shoveling snow.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 12/2/19 5:26 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Monday!! Just three weeks until we get another holiday week:-).

Stay warm JB and everyone caught up in the east coast snow storm!

QOTD - I loved playing in the snow, still do!

I have to do some wrapping today and then I can drop the only package I have to ship off at UPS; still have a few things to gather up but I'm pretty done with the holiday shopping!

I'm going to switch to day in review on my menu so not listing it today but should be nice and protein forward.

Have a fantastic Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 12/2/19 5:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Morning!

just a dusting of snow here, thank God. The northern part of the state (WI) got hit badly. I don't think they're calling for any more snow this week, so this dusting may be it for awhile. YAY!!

accountability was good yesterday, down 3 lbs since Thanksgiving. And that was with a not-so-great Saturday (went over my calorie range by 300 calories that day - had the moms over for Thanksgiving leftovers). Anyway, I'm glad. Now to keep trudging on. I'd like to lose the five pounds I've put on since last summer.

QOTD: I used to love to play in the snow. Not anymore. I hate being out in it!!

4+ years out:

B: protein pancakes with plain Greek yogurt and homemade strawberry sauce, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chili

AS: I have a 5:00 board meeting that will include snacks, so I may have a Keto bar before going - and maybe take some raw veggies along with me in case there are no good snack options there. Otherwise, given the hour, I'm sure I'd be eating the snacks....

D: if needed, turkey and vegetables

ex: I'm waiting on a call back from a garage door repair person to arrange a time for him to come over. So depending on when he can come, either water aerobics. a strength-training class, or yoga. But SOMETHING. Still feeling like a slug...

have a great day, all!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views