What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Jannie7
on 12/3/19 6:15 am
VSG on 06/17/19

I forgot to add my 2 cents to the QOTD: I am not a huge fan of wrapping but I will do it and it depends on my patience level whether I do a good job or not. :) I am with some of you in that I prefer to do gift bags, so much faster!!

catwoman7
on 12/3/19 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I was at a frustrating board meeting last night. We have two members who were former chairs who want to dictate practically everything we do. Tired of it - and it stresses me out. At least the other co-chair is adept at shutting them down - at least most of the time. She just says bluntly, "We're not going to do that", and moves on. Why can't I handle them more like she does? I just sit there and stress out. I guess I'm not comfortable with conflict and confrontation. One of them announced last night that she's stepping down after this season. THANK GOD. Now, for the other one. I hope she decides to leave, too. Things were so much easier before the two of them decided to join the board again. We needed the extra help and were excited to have them given their past experience on the board, but it's turned out to be a mixed blessing. I'd strongly think about stepping down after this season myself if both of them were coming back.

I need to exercise this morning, even if it's "just" yoga. I'm hoping I'll find a good cardio class, though, because I need to move. I have my Mah Jongg group this afternoon. And I need to figure out what to do with that Instant Pot full of disaster yoga I made yesterday (I've been making yogurt at least once a week for the last two years, and this is only about third time it hasn't "worked", but still...what to do with this mess?). I can make pancakes with some of it and use some of it in protein shakes, I guess. Or maybe make frozen yogurt out of it......

Accountability was good yesterday. I took baby carrots, celery sticks, and ranch Greek yogurt dip to the board meeting and was glad I did. I didn't eat any of the snacks other people brought, most of them not bariatric-friendly. YAY!!

QOTD: I HATE wrapping presents, so I go the gift bag & tissue paper route whenever I can! The people opening the gift don't care, so why not??

4+ years out:

B: protein pancakes with disaster yogurt, 1/2 diced apple, and SF syrup, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: at Mah Jongg all afternoon - I'll take a protein bar or fat bomb in case I "need" it

D: chili

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 12/3/19 6:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Good good morning menu folks.

decided to quit WW and go back to basics with counting EVERYTHING...so back to the lose it app. my Stomach is upset this morning, nothing new but still annoying.

This is the first time in nearly 5 years we've had a tree up and it's still staying up. Our cat Percy is a turd and would literally tear it down. He is finally mellowing out. This is our small tree.

qotd:I mix it up. I like bags because we get em at the after Christmas sales or the dollar store.

b:pp shake and an hard boiled egg

l:soup

s:yogurt and crustless pumpkin pie

d:???

Teenie
on 12/3/19 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning JB and Menuers,

I have a little more time this morning so I may be grammatically correct today. Sorry JB I was missing a few punctuations yesterday and threw you for a loop. You educators you. LOL

QOTD: My DH does all the wrapping he is great at it so I let him have at it.

Accountability, Peanut butter and no Gym

TSS: 1 year 11 months 22 days 136.2 (lowest 135.8)

CB: Dark roast coffee with and SF pumpkin spice creamer with miralax and fiber

MS Jimmy Dean Eggwich

L: Left over filet mignon veggies and breakfast sausage .

D: Thai turkey burger and coleslaw

ES: Gloria Jeans Toffee coffee with SF French vanilla Creamer

Exercise: None Got a hair appointment

Everybody have a great day.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

ecm1109
on 12/3/19 7:05 am

Good morning JB and all,

we have a lot of ice on the roads this morning and hopefully it will clear up before the evening commute.

QOTD: Bags for sure. I am a terrible wrapper, even the tissue paper in the bags never looks right! I also prefer to receive bags so that I can reuse them.

B-Coffee with half and half followed by hot black tea-very poor planning today.

L-Moroccan chick pea soup and a salad with hb egg, parm cheese and asparagus

D-ricotta bake (stuffed shells for the bf)

Tonight I am going to my dads to pack him up for his trip to California (my sister lives in Thousand Oaks). He is 88 years old and looking forward to getting out of the cold for a few months. I have mixed feelings about the trip. My oldest sister(she lives local) and I have a great system in place for providing his care so he is able to remain in his home. We share the responsibility and while it is a lot of work, my dad is a pleasure to be around, so we are happy to be able to do it. My sister in CA is the leading expert on everything, including what my dad "needs" but I think she is going to have her hands full for a couple of months with dad. I am going to miss him terribly.

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/19 7:03 pm

I took care of my mom in her final years. I work at home for myself, so it was doable, though challenging, as it was pretty much full time. But she was such a pleasure to be with, so kind and cheerful and gentle. It was a genuine blessing for me to be able to have that time with her, and to return to her some of the generosity she had always shown me. This time of year always is comingled with poignancy for me, as she died on December 20. I love reading that you and your sister have the same sort of loving relationship with your dad. I wish everyone could care for their elderly family members in the same hearfelt way, because as I said, it is an undeniable blessing to us. But I know that for a variety of reasons that isn't always possible in every family. But I was lucky, and you are too.

ecm1109
on 12/4/19 5:45 am

Thanks Au Conraire, I do feel very lucky. I had the privilege of caring for my mom in her final years too, she passed in March of this year. So this first round of holidays without her is different for sure, but I am grateful for the memories. Grief is strange and appears at the most unexpected moments, and I hope that your coming weeks during the holidays are filled with the joyful memories of your beloved mom.

White Dove
on 12/3/19 8:14 am - Warren, OH

I have a spreadsheet for Christmas gifts. It has a line for each person, with their name, age, gift for the year and cost of the gift.

Each year I create a current sheet, update the ages, and fill it in with this year's gifts. This year there is a new baby to add, which is always fun.

I also can consult my list during the year when I will be seeing a lot of nieces, nephews, and cousins. I do a quick study of all the names and ages. And which kid belongs to which. I had twelve brothers and sisters. My husband had twelve brothers and sisters. There are lots of people to keep track of.

I then purchase all of my gifts and have them shipped to the house. I set aside one weekend for a mass wrapping session. I wrap everything. I have a place in the basement with boxes, rolls of paper, ribbons, scissors, tape, gift-tags, and extras like flowers, holly, small plastic ornaments, and little toys. I set everything up and get it all done at once. Then put it away for another year.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Patty R.
on 12/3/19 9:12 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

You win the wrapping prize!!!

Greateight
on 12/3/19 5:50 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Hi Patty!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?