What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/7/19 3:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks to Sheila for sending me this meme! #thetruthabouttacos! I love seeing everyone's decade pics!

Grim and I are off to a woodworking class today. We are learning how to add in epoxy resin to wood turning crafts. I'm not 100% sure what we are making today, but I think it might be something like this: Wood Turning Video. I am exited!

QOTD: What would you be more willing to give up for the rest of your life....coffee or chocolate? It shocks me to hear myself say, chocolate! There was a time when I would have not been able to give up chocolate, but now I go for long stretches without it! And I can't even imagine losing my coffee.

Menu is up in the air because we have to out to lunch during the class, and I don't have any food in the house at all for dinner, so we need to go grocery shopping on the way home. Breakfast is protein coffee & breakfast sausage :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

karenp8
on 12/7/19 5:45 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It's a frosty one here in the cornfields of Illinois but Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do more later. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2 today. QOTD I'd have to keep the coffee. That's about the only enjoyment I get now! It's essential for my mental health. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c chili with cheese D 4oz grilled trout before the bluegrass concert.S maybe share a bag of popcorn with hubby at the concert. Have a wonderful day and make your best choices. After all,you deserve it!

catwoman7
on 12/7/19 6:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm feeling like a real blimp this morning. I'll be slamming the fluids today and eating lightly the next couple of days. I HATE feeling like this! I do like the way I feel some pulling on some of my plastic surgery incisions when I'm feeling bloated, though (he got some areas pretty damn tight!). It serves as a further reminder to stay on my plan. I can't imagine what it would feel like if I started gaining a lot of weight - UGH!!! (I consider this a benefit of PS, though! Not that I'm relying on it to keep me in line - but it serves as a gentle reminder not to overdo it!)

I'm headed for yoga later on this morning (although I should really be doing heavy-duty cardio instead), then we're meeting up with my MIL to go to a couple of craft shows. I have two things I want to go to tonight: the women's hockey game at the university, and to hear a local bluegrass band at some bar & grill in one of the 'burbs. I'll see which one DH is up for...

Accountability: we had pizza and cake last night for DH's birthday. It could have been worse, but I'm feeling it this morning

QOTD: that's a tough one, but I'd have to give up the chocolate. I can go for a few days without chocolate. I can't imagine going a day without coffee, though.

4+ years out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with 1/2 diced mango, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: we'll be out and about. I'll take a protein bar with me in case it's needed

D: either an omelet or Indian curry (sauteed vegetables with some paneer cheese mixed in - no rice)

have a great day, all!

MadisonRose
on 12/7/19 9:29 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Morning all! It's that time of month for me. I'm up a pound this morning, feeling bloated and gross and these darn cravings are driving me crazy! I'm stuck right there at being a few pounds over 200 and it just doesn't seem like I can get below that mark! I still have a good 60 pounds to lose to reach my goal, but ideally I'd like to be at least 15 additional pounds under that to have some wiggle room in case....god forbid I start gaining again. I was at least hoping to be below 200 by my one year post op appointment at the end of January. But with Christmas coming up and how much of a struggle it is just to lose one pound now, I'm starting to have second thoughts as to whether it's doable.

QOTD: As much as I love chocolate, I'd have to give that up and keep the coffee! Can't live without my coffee!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free peppermint mocha creamer

L: L&F yogurt or another premier

D: chicken and veggie soup my mom made

Trying to eat light today. Will have a slice of turkey, another premier or yogurt for snack if needed.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Au_Contraire
on 12/7/19 1:04 pm, edited 12/7/19 5:05 am

It's absolutely do-able! How far out are you?

Edited to add: forget that last question! I see you have plainly described how long you've been a post-op. Most are still squarely in the honeymoon phase at 10-11 months out. You can definitely reach your goal providing you keep your calories low enouh, your carbs low enough, and your protein and fluids high. How many calories are you having per day, and how many grams of carbs and protein? Don't fret about a little fluctuation around your TOM, that's totally normal. But you are still in the phase where it should be easiest to lose, providing you follow guidelines with discipline. You can do it!

Queen JB
on 12/7/19 3:11 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?