What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers??

Greateight
on 12/12/19 5:06 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Have you been to French Laundry? One of my stablemates was from San Fransisco and she thought they were comparable quality although very different concepts.

Days 11 and 12 were the hardest days with all the reps and the 35 pound TGU.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 12/12/19 7:09 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I LOOOOOOVE French Laundry. Especially the one in Napa. I remember when it had just opened up and reservations were 6-9 months out. For one of the events I did there we all got a French Laundry book with Keller's dedication in it. It's there with my other cook books that I never open!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 12/12/19 8:49 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

is it a usable cookbook? I have one of Charlie Trotter's. It's a beautiful book, but everything in there would be almost impossible for a normal person to make. It's definitely a chef's cookbook - and on top of that, a chef who has access to all kinds of ingredients that the rest of us don't!

MadisonRose
on 12/12/19 3:30 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! So I think I'm gonna try something new next week. I think I'm going to try getting up earlier and working out in the mornings instead of in the evenings when I get home from work. By the time I get home I'm seriously dragging and it's such a chore to make myself workout. I guess I'll see how it goes....I'm not much of a morning person so it may be a flop! Lol

QOTD: Definitely food related. I'd love to live off of chocolate, pizza, tacos, burgers, French fries and pasta and never gain a pound! Now that would be the life!

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: leftovers of some sort.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Jannie7
on 12/12/19 6:07 am
VSG on 06/17/19

I get up at 5 everyday and do my workout in the mornings (I take weekends off). As much as I hate getting up at that hour, I don't even think about the workout and then it's nice not dreading it for the rest of the day!

MadisonRose
on 12/12/19 7:03 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Yes!!! That is my goal! Everyday I sit here at work dreading my workout when I get home. It's sad that I actually look forward more to going to work than I do coming home because that's how much I hate working out! So I think getting it out of the way in the mornings will be much better for me. I get up at six now so getting up an hour earlier to fit it in won't be so bad I suppose. Lol. I also take the weekends off and just work out Monday-Friday.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 12/12/19 7:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Trying to vary the time might help for sure, but it also sounds like you need to try a few different things and find something you like. I don't always want to work out...because I suffer from inertia, but having a few different things that I like to do really help!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Jannie7
on 12/12/19 8:11 am
VSG on 06/17/19

I honestly think that's why I've been successful in getting workouts in when I never have before. If I schedule it at any other time of the day than first thing in the morning, I will easily talk myself out of it. The only thing with doing it in the morning is in order for me to be successful, I have to be completely prepared the night before. So I make my breakfast, lunch and snacks and have them ready in the fridge to just toss in my bag. I also have all of my dress clothes ready for work and in a bag by the door. My gym is in my office building so I leave a gym bag with all of my toiletries and running shoes etc at the office. Then in the morning all I need to do is get up, put my gym clothes on, brush my teeth, throw my hair in a ponytail, grab my bags and go. If you workout at home it's probably a lot less preparation. Definitely getting up an hour earlier isn't much different, I just have to go to bed earlier. :) Good luck! You can do this!

Teenie
on 12/12/19 7:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I could never do a morning workout. I hate getting out of bed especially if it is cold and my gym and work are 35 miles apart. I wish you all the luck in the world. I would love to know when I got to work that I was done with my workout. Remind me when summer comes maybe if I start the routine in summer it will continue to the cold months.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

karenp8
on 12/12/19 4:28 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! It's a little warmer this am in the cornfields of Illinois and Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in. We'll do 2 more later today. Weight is 120.2 today even though I ate 3 mini candybars I definitely did not need. Accountability was perfect step wise but food choices stunk-the previously mentioned candybars. QOTD I want your spell too,JB. Some days I just really miss food,but then I look at my before picture and remember how exhausted and miserable I was and come to my senses. I've had so many adventures I would never have been able to do as my 278 pound self. My surgery was a life change and I am so thankful. Here's my food plan for today B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 oz green onion brat burger with no bun S if needed L&F yogurt shared with Miss Lily of course. Have a wonderful day full of smart choices everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 472 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 386 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 336 views