What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/15/19 2:26 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning everyone! Hope you are all cozy on this Sunday morning. I have no idea why I am up at 4am. I went to bed really late (for me), too! I think it is probably a mix of anxiety about the lingering to-do list. I did get a lot of things done yesterday but there is a lot more, including work that absolutely has to get done before the next round of marathon meetings on Monday. Then later tonight we have tickets to see a winter lights display at the Botanical Gardens.

Ok, but really...I am not kidding about this meme. I am actually going to do two days of keto detox, today we start with eating bacon all day. I promise to drink my weight in water to accompany this adventure :) Tomorrow, all eggs. Then hopefully I will be ready to get back in the game all the way. I have been feeling really sluggish since I started back with the sugar and carbs, so hopefully this kicks my butt in the right direction.

Accountability: Perfecto.

QOTD: Have you ever dreamt something so real that you are not sure if it happened or not? Friday night I had the most wildly realistic, SUPER EMBARRASSING dream. I had forgotten about it in the morning, but sometime in the afternoon it all came flooding back and I wanted to die of shame. It couldn't have happened, but at the same time it is soooooo real that my face turns red every time I remember "what I did". I might not be able to face my colleagues on Monday, just in case they shared the same dream. Ahhhhh!

Please enjoy my all bacon all day menu:

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 12/15/19 5:56 am - Warren, OH

Your colleagues were not there. Those super real dreams happen to me when I am under a lot of stress. I am sorry it was so bad and hope it fades away soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 12/15/19 6:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, I blew it last night at the party. I did manage to talk DH out of going to the "other" party, the cookie one, thank God. I did badly enough at the non-cookie party, so the last thing I needed was to go to another party afterwards that featured a bazillion kinds of cookies. Actually, I was fine most of the night at the first (and only) party. I ate 1.5 C of Trader Joe's High Fiber Cereal before I went (with unsweetened cashew milk), so I was so full I just took small samples of a handful things that I really wanted to try. Then I sat down and enjoyed my small plate of samples, and got into some engaging conversations (well, most of them were engaging - this party was hosted by a doctor friend of mine, so about 80% of the guests were doctors. But some of them were great conversationalists and really interesting people). One wondered why I was eating so little with all the great food there, because I was so "in shape" (ha! if she only knew....). But a couple hours into the party, I made the big mistake of sampling some of the wines. I took only small samples, but added together, it probably added up to a standard 3.5 oz glass of wine. Of course, I was bombed. So then I headed over to the buffet table again to eat a few things to offset the drunk feeling. I ate all the wrong things - candied bacon, some of the desserts. I ended the day having had over 2000 kcal. Feeling it this morning...

so anyway, back at it again today. Luckily I only have a lunch "date" on Friday, and a wine & cheese thing on Friday night, which I'm tempted to back out of given it might be better to have a low-key food week right before the holiday festivities start up again...

today we have a hair appointment, but otherwise, nada. I may do some cleaning and/or reading. I may take a long walk, too, if it's not too cold. The sun is out for once...

QOTD: yes - but it's usually when I first wake up that I wonder if it was real or just a dream. Although on occasion I'll have some fleeting thought or memory (long after I wake up) and I have to stop and think whether it was real or a dream.

4.5 years out:

B: protein pancakes or half a protein pumpkin muffin with plain Greek yogurt and diced cooked apples (cooked down with SF Torani syrup). Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: salad with diced turkey and light dressing

AS: L&F yogurt and/or raw veggies with ranch Greek yogurt dip

D: maybe a Beyond Burger in a slim "bun"

Have a great day, everyone!

MadisonRose
on 12/15/19 7:39 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning all! Well I got most of what I wanted to get done yesterday. My date had to cancel last minute after I had just gotten to the coffee shop and parked. I went in and got my coffee anyway. I can never pass up coffee! Good news is I think I've completely finished my Christmas shopping. Bad news is I spent way too much money. Every year I say I am not going to spend as much, but every year I eat those words.

QOTD: I have definitely had some dreams that seemed very real and some scared me to death. When I was a child I had this recurring dream night after night that I was Dorothy in the wizard of Oz and I'd always wake up screaming because of that dreadful wicked witch of the west. One time in a dream she snatched me up and bit off my leg. When I woke up I was so scared to look down at my leg because I didn't know if it was still there....that's how real it felt. No wonder I've never been particularly fond of that movie. lol I've had some other terrifyingly real dreams as an adult too. Those are never fun. They are usually embarrassing or scary.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda and sugar free creamer

L: L&F yogurt and granola or protein bar

D: homemade beef and veggie soup

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

karenp8
on 12/15/19 8:32 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Chilly morning here in the cornfields of Illinois and snow is predicted by noon with 4 to 6 inches accumulation expected. Miss Lily wasn't feeling the walk this morning so I walked about half a mile with her out and back and then took her back and did our regular route. Did 3 miles total and will try again with her about noon before the snow hits hard. She was really sleepy and it was cold and she may be a bit under the weather. I'll get my steps in either way though. I don't really mind the cold as it makes me walk faster! Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and I got everything done on the list plus some. We went down last night and closed the slides on the camper,picked up all the stuff outside and got it ready to drive home later this week. All we'll have to do is unplug the power. We've been staying in the duplex on the property with Lily since Thanksgiving since they made it pet friendly and had the camper all winterized even before that. QOTD I rarely ever remember my dreams. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3/4 c cheesy broccoli soup D 4 oz cheddar brats S if needed smart pop popcorn shared with Miss Lily of course! Have a wonderful day full of healthy choices!

Greateight
on 12/15/19 8:44 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Are we getting that snow in Chicago also?

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 12/15/19 8:59 am, edited 12/15/19 1:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

not sure about Chicago, but southern Wisconsin isn't getting it. There's a lot of snow up in the northern part of WI, but I'm not sure if they're getting any more. I think it's just so cold the stuff that was already on the ground isn't going anywhere. (we have none on the ground in southern WI - and there's not supposed to be any this week, either)

Edited to add I just checked weather.com. Looks like Chicago is safe - it's all south of there.

karenp8
on 12/15/19 10:33 am - Brighton, IL

They're already getting snow at home which is an hour south of us here in Chatham but nothing here so far. Miss Lily and I just came back from a long walk and they were starting to lay ice melt at the elementary school.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics