What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/18/19 2:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

There are no shortage of Baby Yoda memes, so I am just going to keep her going...

Morning, menu crew! It's Hump Day! I am ready for this week to be over. How about you? Its been so busy and I am starting to feel really run down. I almost feel like if I stop I will get sick, but adrenaline is keeping me running. I've also been absolutely terrible about staying hydrated. I need to make that my #1 priority today...

But I do have some great news! My boss was looking at my schedule and asked me why I wasn't taking time off next week, so I reminded her that I can't take time off til February and she told me she can waive it! What?? So now I am off for most of the week. Yay!

Accountability: Didn't eat or drink enough at all and ate cheese and crackers for dinner because I was too damn tired to do anything except slice cheese.

QOTD: Do you like your direct supervisor? I feel lucky that mine is really kind and relaxed. She works incredibly hard, she is very helpful, and always validates and supports me. Yay for great bosses!

Chipotle for lunch today with coworkers...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Erin T.
on 12/18/19 3:07 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I'm a super early riser, but I think I could have slept in this morning. About a week ago I made some adjustments to my sleep routine and I've been sleeping like a baby. Thank God, because I think prior to that I was running on empty due to waking up so frequently and tossing and turning.

We have our work holiday lunch today and I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Why is it not Friday yet? I'm so ready for break - I'll be off from December 23rd - January 6th. You know you're a parent when the biggest thing you're looking forward to is 16 straight days without having to pack lunches for your kids. My youngest is in a charter school that doesn't serve meals and they also don't allow peanut butter or tree nuts. Just to add to that, neither of my kids will eat deli meat sandwiches. So I normally cook food for them to take for lunch daily (or give them dinner left overs that require a re-heat and also pre-heat their thermos). They also always take veggies and fruit which I try to remember to pre-cut but I'm not great at it.

My husband argues with me often that I'm creating my own source of stress by insisting on packing their meals. But, I know if I left it up to them they'd take a bag of chips and 3 Oreos and they'd both be lacking nutritionally AND starving.

QOTD: I just started a temporary assignment on Monday with a boss that I really, really love. My actual boss who I officially report to, I do not love. She's absent and can't seem to pay attention to or retain anything you say.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2 (maybe a Latte)
  • English Muffin, Sausage, Cheese, Egg
  • Lunch TBD, I'm not sure they posted the menu for the holiday lunch
  • Turkey & Broccoli that was last night's plan (last night ended up being "choose your own adventure" and I had a low-carb wrap turned into a Quesadilla).

I have 4 miles to run either today or tomorrow. Because of the holiday lunch I think it's going to be tomorrow. It was 70 degrees yesterday and today the high is 48 and windy. Yuck.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

MadisonRose
on 12/18/19 3:38 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Good morning everyone! This week needs to be over ASAP! I don't know why, but I'm struggling to stay focused and feel so exhausted. I don't think I did great on my interview yesterday. My nerves took over. Feel like I could have done better. Was struggling to put what I wanted to say into a complete sentence. It's like my mind totally went to mush even though I prepared for this. Oh well....what's done is done. Won't hear anything until after the holidays anyway and was informed it could be longer than that as they are down 2 HR people. My old supervisor said she hardly recognized me though. That I look like a completely different person. I forgot I hadn't seen her since I lost weight.

QOTD: yes, my direct supervisor is great! She always tries to be fair and is very caring. Couldn't ask for a better boss! She and my coworkers are the only thing about my current job that I truly like. I mean the job itself isn't horrible....just not something I'd want to do for the rest of my life.

B: premier shake

B2: coffee w/Splenda

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: Salmon and veggies

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

catwoman7
on 12/18/19 7:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's hard to say. I've had interviews I thought I did great on and didn't get the job - and interviews I thought I'd blown when I did get the job. It all comes down to what they're looking for and what your competition is. At least they already know you - that gives you a leg up. I've been on a gazillion search committees - I think when you know the person already, you pay less attention to how they do on the interview - whereas if you don't know them at all, that's pretty much all you have to go on.

karenp8
on 12/18/19 3:47 am - Brighton, IL

Halfway through the workweek here and got inventory finished yesterday. Friday or Saturday we'll be heading home till the middle of February. Have a road trip today with hubby. Taking a truck and driving 3 plus hours to Wilton Iowa to pick up a truckload of fabric. It's a change of pace from all the numbers and counting we've been doing. Miss Lily and I will head out in a few minutes for a walk. Probably not a long one as it's still dark and I don't walk to hit an unseen patch of ice. Its supposed to warm up today so we'll get a long one in tonight and I'll need one after sitting all day. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.2 today. Here's the food plan for the day B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L P3 pak D 4 oz garlic and cheese sausageS if needed smart pop popcorn shared with Miss Lily. Have a great day full of healthy choices everyone!

Greateight
on 12/18/19 3:50 am, edited 12/17/19 8:16 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Great news on the vacation, JB. You guys must be thrilled.

Yesterday was a super productive day. Out of the 5 things that needed to get finished before break, 4 of them got over the hump yesterday. I still have one more big thing and a few dribs and drabs to take care of but I feel like I can see the finish line.

Also, DD came home last night. I echo what Sheila said yesterday about how nice it is to have everybody home. She got in late last night and is going to the hockey game tonight, so I still haven't seen too much of her, but its great just knowing she is home.

Wednesday's are busy for me because I have Crossfit in the morning and my weighlifting lessons in the evening, but maybe, if things go well today, I can work from home tommorow.

QOTD: I am close friends with my supervisor, we have been together for 21 years. What will be weird is that he retires three years before me, so I will have a different supervisor for the last couple of years of my career.

Photo of Star Wars Christmas tree.

Breakfast: sausage

Snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Ahi tuna salad

Snack: Jerky

Dinner:TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 12/18/19 6:08 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Very cool SW tree.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 12/18/19 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy your family time!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 12/18/19 10:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Love the tree!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 12/18/19 3:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! What an awesome surprise to get time off next week. It sounds like it will be much needed after this week. I've also been busy and under the wire to find a temp person for one of my locations.

Accountability: I had a coconut milk latte and a few mixed nuts.

QOTD: I really like my current boss. I have been fortunate through most of my almost 18 years to have worked for supportive and understanding bosses.

TSS: 5 years 4 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Chaffle and carbmaster yogurt

D: TJ turkey burger with cheese, cloud bread "bun", steamed fiesta blend veggies, sliced fruit, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1535 Protein: 134 Carbs: 112 Fat: 66

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics