Fist HELLO after 13 days of procedure

Aliskafi
on 12/27/19 10:53 pm
RNY on 09/12/19

I was 332 Pounds did the operation 13 days ago.

Lost so far 19 pounds. but for the last 4 days no loss.

I suppose its normal some sort of plataue or something.

I resumed smoking. Just wondering by this time can i add other kind of food than yogurt and juice and milk etc. My dietician does not think so but i dont like her :(

Looking forward to sharing my experience and learning from yours.

White Dove
on 12/28/19 12:16 am - Warren, OH

I really did not add any solid foods until after three months, but every plan is different. Has your medical team explained that smoking is the number one cause of ulcers after RNY?

Most people lose about 20 pounds the first month after bypass. It is normal to have a stall at three weeks, but it can happen sooner or later than three weeks.

Google gastric bypass three week stall.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Aliskafi
on 12/28/19 6:27 am
RNY on 09/12/19
On December 28, 2019 at 8:16 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

I really did not add any solid foods until after three months, but every plan is different. Has your medical team explained that smoking is the number one cause of ulcers after RNY?

Most people lose about 20 pounds the first month after bypass. It is normal to have a stall at three weeks, but it can happen sooner or later than three weeks.

Google gastric bypass three week stall.

Thanks for the reply but no actually i was not told about the ulcer ...

Just read about it.

The doctor said its ok now if i smoke .... I am confused ... needless to say smoking is harmful and all is epso facto I am not arguing that.

Partlypollyanna
on 12/28/19 2:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Whether you like your RD or not, you should still follow the plan given by your medical team until you're through the healing phases. You could look at the World According To Eggface blog to find more options for whatever phase you're in per you plan, that would give you more variety but in a compliant fashion.

Given you're less than two weeks out, you should also talk to your medical team about getting some help with your habits and support to address why, two weeks after major surgery, you're already looking to divert from the plan and also adding back smoking -- You have to do the head work as well as the surgery, otherwise, you could face long term problems.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Laura in Texas
on 12/28/19 7:31 am

Smoking after gastric bypass is serious and can be life threatening, especially when your body is not done healing. HERE is an article that explains the risks. I also hope you will talk to your doctor about this and get help.

Juice and milk were off-limits to me. I did not want to drink my calories especially when I was in the losing phase. I do use a splash of milk in my morning coffee now, but I still do not drink juice.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Teenie
on 12/28/19 12:17 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Resumed Smoking really? I don't no any Barriatric program that recommends that. May not be today or tomorrow but your gonna be sorry ask your surgeon or your support group

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Aliskafi
on 12/29/19 12:32 am
RNY on 09/12/19

No they did not recommend smoking of course. I have a feeling I nagged way too much and they surrndrerd but over all the experience have been really good.

Its a good doctor and specialized in this they do around 30 procedures a month. thet supposedly know their stuff.

Anyways thanks again this has been worrying andhelpful

Teenie
on 12/29/19 5:01 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Listen I smoked from the age of 17 till October 29 2017. I planned on the sleeve so I could continue smoking but I had issues and had to have an RNY 7 days latter. I have not had a cigarette since. It's harder than the diet but to stay healthy (the reason I had surgery) it was a must not a choice. Do yourself a favor if you want to be successful and be healthy follow the plan to a T. Smoking first of all will slow down healing so moving to denser foods will take much longer and it is inevitable that you will develop ulcers. I've seen it more than once in support. Good luck .

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Aliskafi
on 12/29/19 5:23 am
RNY on 09/12/19

Thank u. I have stopped smoking again. Until i see the doctor and share what you guys told me. Overall of course quiting smoking is never a bad idea. I actually smoke sheehsa which probabl;y worse (hubbly bubbly as known in some places)

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/19 7:00 am

Good. Do whatever it take to not smoke. This surgery gave you the chance of a new healthier life. Take advantage of your new beginning!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views